Boobie Dixon's unsportsmanlike penalty

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The move was more motivated by the depleted WR group, IMO. Thiggy can't play WR, and we needed a guy who could. Moore was the best option to fill both roles. If RR decided to move on from Thiggy because of the ST woes, that's really disheartening, seeing as the poor blocking and the penalties were what sunk that unit, not the return man.

Maybe i misconstrued the motivation.

I thought Moore was a Rex/ Jets thang

Maybe i misconstrued the motivation.

I thought Moore was a Rex/ Jets thang

I don't believe Moore was on the Jets ever, he was on Oakland for awhile, and wasn't terrible.

They didn't confirm or say any of this, FYI, it's just my take on how it went down.

Edited by FireChan

The play and penalty itself didn't matter overall in the game, but I think it's a real indicator of what is wrong with the Bills, and ultimately wrong with Rex.

You have a team that has a problem with penalties all season, yet Boobie decides to flap his gums at an Eagles player anyway and get a flag. If it weren't for an offsetting foul, the penalty would have nullified a good special teams play. But it did nullify a chance to move the Eagles back even further.

It boggles my mind that a professional football player behaves like this, selfishly feeling he had to talk smack after a play. It only took Jerry Hughes half the season to reign in that behavior.

When Rex announced his pushups-for-penalties policy, it struck me as something a high school coach does. And funny how it went away after one week. How is this even an issue on an NFL team half way into a season?

This is a terrible look for Rex. He runs a lax ship. He's probably too loyal to flunky coaches. His antics only magnify after losses. (How did Rob Ryan's input look?) And he took a talented defense and made then mediocre. (To me scheme fit is a BS excuse since Pettine ran his scheme two years ago.)

For all the hand wringing over the players, I think the problems start with Rex.

that Pettine defense was ranked 20th and was 28th against the run

These are grown men, not high school kids. We have several players more interested in getting their "numbers" than winning football games

Your not gonna put it all together in one year with new schemes , new players and new coaches IF you DON'T have injuries and if you do even less of a chance. Oh ya were playing a first year starting quarterback too -

This is on the professional football players who are paid very handsomely to produce - they haven't. It's not on Rex it's on them they aren't in high school

So.

i can read along at work but cannot participate. This thread has come a rather long way since this morning!

Big Cat, as with nearly everyone here, I respect you.

But you have used too may *&%$ to emphasize your points. You seem angry almost at what folks toss back at you. If you are going to stand a position, take the higher ground to maintain your point.

i agree these players need to tighten up a s%#t ton. Robey's words tell a lingering story of frustration. frustration does not fix it.

Boobie should be set down, just as Hughes , the high priced player should. Not cut by any means.

Brooks should be long gone for all his game changing crap on STs.

rex needs a bad cop on the coaching staff since obviously wants to be a mother hen with his players.

Somebody needs to be the coyote, or the fox in the hen house.

Everyone deep down knows the Refs look at the Bills to be guilty before charged. So thats the way the game is played.

I have noticed Rex does not act childish on the sidelines any more when he feels bamboozled. he also showed that same attitude during the most recent presser.

Gotta be smarter then the game. and he has changed this year form all his hype and bluster.

Just get it sorted internally.

Focus is really what this all about. focus and self discipline at every level.

and take Marios fridge away.

yep. Hughes aint changed one bit and he is still the best hustler on the team.

tough trade off!

It was a long weekend. Was at the game, had to interface with the inlaws, had a lot of pent-up frustration.

Going forward, I promise not to swear so !@#$ing much. :flirt:

It's never personal. That much I can assure you.

Cool, you probably dont have too far to go. Enjoy

Isnt that like being put in timeout? LOL just sayin

About 440 miles.

It was a long weekend. Was at the game, had to interface with the inlaws, had a lot of pent-up frustration.

About 440 miles.

I , know that !!

Cheers!

About 440 miles.

Oh my thats far I thought you were local- have safe travels