So who do we rid ourselves of on this team? Heres my early list

- Thigpen and we all know why

- Carpenter- just not reliable enough and cant do kick offs

- Jordan Gay - a one trick pony who doesnt always get it done anyway

- Boobie Dixon- the guy flat out stink and takes dumb penalties

- Ron Brooks- why he is on an NFL team is baffling

- Mario Williams- too much money with little return

- Robert Woods- hes not a bonified number 2 and has fumbleitis

- 1/2 the offensive line- but which ones? Damn this has been a bad unit for too many years

-Crossman- he may be the worst ST coach in the game

- Dennis Thurman- he has to be held accountable for the dismal defense

Rex will get another year because thats the way it works

Whats your list? I kept some other obvious ones out for ya. Keep it light and fun please.

Edited by billsfan_34

- 1/2 the offensive line- but which ones? Damn this has been a bad unit for too many years

Whats your list? I kept some other obvious ones out for ya. Keep it light and fun please.

Pretty good list, actually. I think I'd keep Woods, unless we get a better solid #2. We've had a bunch come through camp but none seem to stick. More than anyone on your list though, Thurman and Crossman have to go. ST have killed the Bills this year. I think we can safely say ST cost them at least 2 games.

I don't think Rex is immune.

I hope your right buddy. But you know as well as I do its so uncommon for a HC fire after one year.

Pretty good list, actually. I think I'd keep Woods, unless we get a better solid #2. We've had a bunch come through camp but none seem to stick. More than anyone on your list though, Thurman and Crossman have to go. ST have killed the Bills this year. I think we can safely say ST cost them at least 2 games.

I would of loved to of kept that receiver Thomas - ST def costs us a few and so did overall lack of discipline. Edited by billsfan_34

I agree with the OP's list except I let Woods play out his contract which is up after next season. Cutting him probably costs money since it results in a cap savings of $1M less the hit of his replacement, which would likely be more. If he gets beat out in camp by another cheap player for a roster spot then so be it. I don't expect him to be the #2 next season unless the team is bringing along a rookie gradually or there's an injury. He's fine for 2016.

The problem with the OL is that the two set to leave are Glenn and Incognito. I'd rather them stay and look to upgrade the other tackle and guard spots. The OL could get scary.

If Crossman is canned I'd look at Chris Tabor from the Browns. He's been through the meat grinder there and has been the only point of stability through several head coaches and constant roster change. I hear he's not looking to go through another change.

Pretty good list. I'd keep Woods as a 3rd receiver -- he is a demon blocker and not a bad receiver. I'd lose Manuel for a veteran backup

I agree with the OP's list except I let Woods play out his contract which is up after next season. Cutting him probably costs money since it results in a cap savings of $1M less the hit of his replacement, which would likely be more. If he gets beat out in camp by another cheap player for a roster spot then so be it. I don't expect him to be the #2 next season unless the team is bringing along a rookie gradually or there's an injury. He's fine for 2016.

The problem with the OL is that the two set to leave are Glenn and Incognito. I'd rather them stay and look to upgrade the other tackle and guard spots. The OL could get scary.

If Crossman is canned I'd look at Chris Tabor from the Browns. He's been through the meat grinder there and has been the only point of stability through several head coaches and constant roster change. I hear he's not looking to go through another change.

Nice Point on Woods- I left the cap equation out. I would keep Woods also using your rationale. Centers are hard to come by so keeping Eric Woods makes sense. Maybe we can get Pettine back and Tabor as a consolation prize? Edited by billsfan_34

Nice Point on Woods- I left the cap equation out. I would keep Woods also using your rationale. Centers are hard to come by so keeping Eric Woods makes sense. Maybe we can get Pettine back and Tabor as a consolation prize?

That'd be optimal with Pets and Tabor.

I didn't address Eric Wood specifically because his cap situation is so tough. You nailed it though. Cutting or trading him only saves $2.5M in space and we probably couldn't find a comparable replacement for that. He played better this season too. I'd keep him for at least another year. That OL has bigger problems than him.

Edited by BarleyNY

That'd be optimal with Pets and Tabor.

I didn't address Eric Wood specifically because his cap situation is so tough. You nailed it though. Cutting or trading him only saves $2.5M in space and we probably couldn't find a comparable replacement for that. He played better this season too. I'd keep him for at least another year. That OL has bigger problems than him.

When you have a few weak links on the O line everyone seems to struggle. Eric Woods played well all things considering. He also puts the ball on target in the shot gun.

When you have a few weak links on the O line everyone seems to struggle. Eric Woods played well all things considering. He also puts the ball on target in the shot gun.

Yup. I wonder how much having Incognito helped his play this year. He looked terrible with two bad guards next to him, now he looks good with one good guard. Maybe he'd be even better if he had two good ones lining up nex to him.

Yup. I wonder how much having Incognito helped his play this year. He looked terrible with two bad guards next to him, now he looks good with one good guard. Maybe he'd be even better if he had two good ones lining up nex to him.

O line , D line, and Linebackers have to be addressed this offseason. That guy Mills is terrible. Miller for a rookie played well but yesterday was tough sledding for him.

Some of the recent draft picks who've run out of chances to make an impression:

- Gragg. Clay's injury gave him an opportunity yesterday. One catch in which he seemed to be in cement shoes after making it (but did manage to get the 1st), then disappeared. I think O'Leary starts getting his reps, and I can't see why not.

- Meeks and Duke. The fact that Rambo beat these guys out says it all.

- Koundjio. The fact that Mills moved ahead of him in the RT rotation says it all.

- Goodwin. I like the kid, but 3 catches in 2014-15 won't cut it. Nor will 20 catches in his career. Gotta stay on the field.

Plus these guys who've overstayed their usefulness (if they ever had any):

- Felton. Signed to be a lead blocker for McCoy. I don't know if you've noticed, but McCoy almost never follows a lead blocker. Not his style. What worked for Adrian Peterson doesn't necessarily work for McCoy. A pointless signing.

- IK. A joke of a signing, a joke of a player. The living, breathing example of everything that is wrong with Rex.

- Leodis. Someone else said it - how on earth has this guy stuck with one team for 8 years?

- EJ. We all know why.

- Harvin. But we already knew that.

Those are easy. There will also have to be difficult cuts based on the cap and other needs. My guess? Goodbye, Mario. Goodbye, Nigel. Cordy Glenn as part of a complete OL overhaul? Gilmore? (but then we'd have to use a top draft pick on a CB or bring another guy in at Gilmore's free agent salary). The problems are big. This team was built to win now, in 2015. A lot of the moves that were made for now are going to hinder our chances in the upcoming years. Doug Whaley, when you go all in for now, you better deliver ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Some of the recent draft picks who've run out of chances to make an impression:

- Gragg. Clay's injury gave him an opportunity yesterday. One catch in which he seemed to be in cement shoes after making it (but did manage to get the 1st), then disappeared. I think O'Leary starts getting his reps, and I can't see why not.

- Meeks and Duke. The fact that Rambo beat these guys out says it all.

- Koundjio. The fact that Mills moved ahead of him in the RT rotation says it all.

Plus these guys who've overstayed their usefulness (if they ever had any):

- Felton. Signed to be a lead blocker for McCoy. I don't know if you've noticed, but McCoy almost never follows a lead blocker. Not his style. What worked for Adrian Peterson doesn't necessarily work for McCoy. A pointless signing.

- IK. A joke of a signing, a joke of a player. The living, breathing example of everything that is wrong with Rex.

- Leodis. Someone else said it - how on earth has this guy stuck with one team for 8 years?

- EJ. We all know why.

- Goodwin. I like the kid, but 3 catches in 2014-15 won't cut it. Nor will 20 catches in his career. Gotta stay on the field.

Those are easy. There will also have to be difficult cuts based on the cap and other needs. My guess? Goodbye, Mario. Goodbye, Nigel. Cordy Glenn as part of a complete OL overhaul?

Great list- Ive been screaming for Goodwin to be gone. IK is just plain awful. Leodis cant tackle and has lost speed- the only thing that has kept him around for so long. I dont know if you get rid of Felton- in a Karlos Williams package it can be effective but hes really nothing special so it can go either way. EJ is a good kid and deserves a fresh start somewhere- even if hes a number 3.

Pretty good list. I'd keep Woods as a 3rd receiver -- he is a demon blocker and not a bad receiver. I'd lose Manuel for a veteran backup

Woods is fine as a #3 WR; no reason to cut him.

The problem is they have no #2. That's a big hole that must be addressed. Fortunately there are a bunch of WRs hitting FA this offseason.

I like the list, I think you're really spot on to be honest. Woods however like VirginiaMike stated, is a very good blocker and he's cheap so he's a player to hold on to. John Miller played absolutely horrible yesterday and I thought he should've been pulled at halftime and replaced by Urbik. To me the main problem with the team is the coaching staff, it's abysmal.

I like the list, I think you're really spot on to be honest. Woods however like VirginiaMike stated, is a very good blocker and he's cheap so he's a player to hold on to. John Miller played absolutely horrible yesterday and I thought he should've been pulled at halftime and replaced by Urbik. To me the main problem with the team is the coaching staff, it's abysmal.

I too feel that Miller needed to come out. Put the better player in and also give him a reality check. Thigpen should of been benched as well.

Woods is fine as a #3 WR; no reason to cut him.

The problem is they have no #2. That's a big hole that must be addressed. Fortunately there are a bunch of WRs hitting FA this offseason.

Percy was it and hes done in the NFL