An honest question for season ticket holders. ..

JTown

I still have family in town so I schedule 3 trips home around Bills and Sabres games. When you sell on NFL ticket exchange you can apply the credit to your team account for next year's tickets.

I'm a little confused. When you sell your ticket on the NFL exchange how much of a loss are you taking with the disposal of your tickets, or how much money, if any, are you getting back for your unsold ticket?

If you sell your ticket for an unappealing late season game and the exchange can't sell the ticket do you still get a credit for next year's season ticket? If it is a very appealing game and you can sell it above cost do you instead go through Stub Hub or another exchange?

As I said in my other post I'm very impressed and intrigued by the out of town fans who make the journey to the homeland!

I'm a little confused. When you sell your ticket on the NFL exchange how much of a loss are you taking with the disposal of your tickets, or how much money, if any, are you getting back for your unsold ticket?

If you sell your ticket for an unappealing late season game and the exchange can't sell the ticket do you still get a credit for next year's season ticket? If it is a very appealing game and you can sell it above cost do you instead go through Stub Hub or another exchange?

As I said in my other post I'm very impressed and intrigued by the out of town fans who make the journey to the homeland!

When you buy seasons, you pay less per ticket than the Bills single game price. So I can recoup my cost and the buyer could still pays less than box office price. Honestly the Jets game is a dog now so I'm probably eating those or I'll make the road trip. (Sabres play Saturday that weekend.) You do not get credit for unused games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2015 first time holder here, please, if you're considering giving yours up, by all means, go ahead. I would love to take a big ride up the seniority lost prior to relocation day. I have no idea what my number is currently, but I bought mine last December or January, so it can't be much higher than maybe 48-50,000

Edited by JM57

Someone probably said that 15 years ago as well.

Tickets were over priced when I wanted to come up for the Miami game in Oct because they sold so many season tickets.

Once people get over not making the playoffs again they will listen to the off season hype about how Tryod wil have a full season with starter reps, how he's a student of the game blah blah blah and once again sell close to 60K in ST's.

Plus, Rex can't screw up the defense any more.

I'm just curious. Intrigued by out-of-towners who regularly go to the games and show such commitment to the team.

Do you regularly fly in for the games, or do you buy STs and then select a few games to go to and sell your tickets for the games you do not attend? Are the tickets for the games that you can't attend easy to sell? If so do you use sites such as Stub Hub etc to make the transaction?

If you feel that I'm being too intrusive just tell me to mind my own business and take a hike! As I said before I'm impressed by the number of people who put such a major effort to go to the games.

Im local now, but for 07-11 I lived in Philly. Pretty much any meaningful game I would drive in for. I shared a pair (actually a group of 8) so any game I couldnt go to, they would try to find someone else or Id eat the ticket.

On the drive after games (even the morning after), I would see cars decked out in Bills stuff all the way down to Binghamton on the 81 and even beyond.

I'm just curious. Intrigued by out-of-towners who regularly go to the games and show such commitment to the team.

Do you regularly fly in for the games, or do you buy STs and then select a few games to go to and sell your tickets for the games you do not attend? Are the tickets for the games that you can't attend easy to sell? If so do you use sites such as Stub Hub etc to make the transaction?

If you feel that I'm being too intrusive just tell me to mind my own business and take a hike! As I said before I'm impressed by the number of people who put such a major effort to go to the games.

I first bought my tickets when ownership was in question. To my way of thinking, supporting the team was one small thing I could do to help keep the team in place.

I have certain charitable objectives I try to hit every year, so I was able to convince my wife that donating unused tickets to charity would help us meet those objectives.

When I was in Houston I flew in for 2 games a year and donated most of the rest to charity. Now I'm in the Pittsburgh area (still havent changed my name though) so I go to nearly all games and donate the rest.

I'm probably an anomaly and definitely not rich but the Bills are an important enough part of my life that I don't mind continuing to invest. And I still get excited about coming to the Ralph on gamedays.

I still believe there are way too many locals who take the team for granted. Living outside of WNY helps you appreciate how cool it is that our tiny town has an NFL franchise.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

generally choose a game or two, fly up or drive up and than other owner of tickets takes care of who goes with him rest of the season. Didn't make it up this year however lost interest after september defeats

I first bought my tickets when ownership was in question. To my way of thinking, supporting the team was one small thing I could do to help keep the team in place.

I have certain charitable objectives I try to hit every year, so I was able to convince my wife that donating unused tickets to charity would help us meet those objectives.

When I was in Houston I flew in for 2 games a year and donated most of the rest to charity. Now I'm in the Pittsburgh area (still havent changed my name though) so I go to nearly all games and donate the rest.

I'm probably an anomaly and definitely not rich but the Bills are an important enough part of my life that I don't mind continuing to invest. And I still get excited about coming to the Ralph on gamedays.

I still believe there are way too many locals who take the team for granted. Living outside of WNY helps you appreciate how cool it is that our tiny town has an NFL franchise.

I salute your dedication. The regular cycle of mediocrity is wearing me down a tad. The hiring of Rex infuriated me so what followed was not surprising to me.

I salute your dedication. The regular cycle of mediocrity is wearing me down a tad. The hiring of Rex infuriated me so what followed was not surprising to me.

I'm feeling the same way. 16 years is mind numbing and soul crushing.

This year for the first time it occurred to me how foolish it is to allow 22 men on a football field to control my mood and attitude, when I could be spending that time hiking a mountain trail and enjoying that experience.

I'm feeling the same way. 16 years is mind numbing and soul crushing.

This year for the first time it occurred to me how foolish it is to allow 22 men on a football field to control my mood and attitude, when I could be spending that time hiking a mountain trail and enjoying that experience.

My soul is not crushed but the entertainment value is declining. The NFL games in general are a tough watch. Excessive penalties and little flow to the game have diminished the product.

I'm starting to become more interested in the Sabres. You can see the rebuilding plan being smartly implemented and progress being made.

If there is something to be optimistic about it is that I believe the Pegulas are good owners. They are committed to their teams (and the community) and will eventually get things done.

Between watching Rex as HC for the Jets & what I've seen of him so far this year, I was ready to fire him after the Jags game. I know we should at least give him until the bye-week next year but I'm just curious if the rest of this years game will sway any other fans opinion - for example if we loose out these next 3 games, should we still keep Rex going into next year?

I'm becoming the same towards the Mets...

Football is such a joke of a product. I've heard the expression a few times but it fits....Football is more like the WWE then a sport nowadays.

Who would have predicted prior to last season that the Mets would have been in the World Series? As the Mets demonstrated success in baseball is very much predicated on pitching and in the NFL success is very much predicated on the qb.

As I have gotten older I have been more intrigued by the caliber of organizations and its management styles in all the major sports. There is no one approach that is inherently successful but the difference between good and bad organizations is very evident. St. Louis in baseball, San Antonio in basketball, New England in the NFL demonstrate that with good management you get more sustained success on the playing field.

Franchises that have the most financial resources don't always succeed. Toronto and the Maple Leafs support that point in hockey, NY and the Knicks in the NBA and Washington and the Redskins in the NFL.Under the prior owner Buffalo and the Bills were in an altogether different category. With the Pegulas in football we won't always win but they will strive to be winners.

• 3 weeks later...