Changes will be needed

Niagara Dude

Many changes will be required, this team lost games that you should have won, here are some ideas. Feel free to add you know

- Fire D cordinator, not enough big plays(sacks/turnovers) with a defense that Rex wanted to compare with the 85 Bears to start the season (Petite may be available for a return after getting fired from Browns. They are still very good friends and this allows Petite an opportunity to fix this mess on defense and get credit for it)

- Fire ST coach who never should have returned after Marrone left, (ST were complete garbage)

- Need to find a kicker who can also kickoff, we are the only team in league that has kickoff kicker

- Find a play making LB who can make tackles ( too many missed tackles this season)

- Draft a QB for development, not sure about TT but he has been good at times in his first year as a starting NFL QB

- Find a real # 2 receiver who can make plays and open things up for Sammy.

Keep in mine Rex is not going to get fired after one season.

Edited by Niagara Dude

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Many changes will be required, this team lost games that you should have won, here are some ideas. Feel free to add you know

- Fire D cordinator, not enough big plays(sacks/turnovers) with a defense that Rex wanted to compare with the 85 Bears to start the season (Petite may be available for a return)

- Fire ST coach who never should have returned after Marrone left, (ST were complete garbage)

- Need to find a kicker who can also kickoff, we are the only team in league that has kickoff kicker

- Find a play making LB who can make tackles ( too many missed tackles this season)

- Draft a QB for development, not sure about TT but he has been good at times in his first year as a starting NFL QB

My changes would be.

Hire Eliot Wolf and whatever front office staff he wants to bring in

Do not give Whaley a contract extension...essentially let him walk

Fire Danny Crossman

- Fire D cordinator, not enough big plays(sacks/turnovers) with a defense that Rex wanted to compare with the 85 Bears to start the season (Petite may be available for a return)

I love these ideas. I think #1 would be the most impactful. Replacing Thurman with Pettine.

Get a real OLine, real LBs who can tackle and cover, kicker and ST coach, TT has upside but we need a development guy and a decent back up QB. Rex gets one more year to get the D on track and to instill discipline and professionalism. He absolutely p*ssed away what should have been a playoff year.

Get a real OLine, real LBs who can tackle and cover, kicker and ST coach, TT has upside but we need a development guy and a decent back up QB. Rex gets one more year to get the D on track and to instill discipline and professionalism. He absolutely p*ssed away what should have been a playoff year.

with all due respect, what makes you think Rex is capable of doing this? where/when has he done this before?

Pettine as Asst. HC would be the play…he didn't exactly fail here…he was promoted away because of success. Bring him back with a non-coordinator title like that and it's better than he would see anywhere else. He is not eating crow by being Rex's coordinator b-tch…and it is a bit of a shot across Rex's bow…one he can handle.

They know each other well and Pettine has a track record with almost the same def personnel as we have now.

Understand the words DUAL THREAT. TT should be rolling out on every obvious throwing down. He can throw on the run or run if it isn't there. Vikings lost - just like we did - OBTW same score - cuz they didn't ROLL HIM OUT on the strip sack play.

TT is a DUAL THREAT - make the second threat look like one. And move the place where he is for the fvcks coming to sack him.

Pathetic use of TT running threat today.

My changes would be.

Hire Eliot Wolf and whatever front office staff he wants to bring in

Do not give Whaley a contract extension...essentially let him walk

Fire Danny Crossman

You keep throwing this name out there, but what top personnel man is coming to OBD with Rex forced on him? None IMO.

Under that scenerio then you would be forced to can Rex as well to bring in Eliot Wolf. That's the only situation where I would fire Rex if that was needed to land him.

Well, you can forget it, because Rex isn't going anywhere after one year of a FIVE year deal.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ahh the perpetual myth that the offensive line always sucks. Our offensive line is at least NFL average right now. We are elite on the left side, Wood is Wood and we have a rookie starting at right guard who should only improve. We need a right tackle. Not an overhaul. They will address it no problem. The offensive line is not even remotely on my radar as a concern entering into the offseason. I agree with everything else you said.

Ryan is the D Coordinator

If Pettine gets the boot in Cleveland, bring him back to run the defense (forget about Schwartz, he's not returning while Rex is the coach).

Get rid of Thurman and Crossman.

PLEASE upgrade the linebackers!!!
Would still like to have a veteran backup for TT, and a developmental QB.

If it were up to me....

I'd buy out Rex, promote Roman, try to get Schwartz back, and do all of the above.

You watch the whole season and see K and a LB as our main personnel issues? How about RG and RT, #3,#4 and #5 WR, DT, DE and depth on both lines. Not to mention re-signing our LT and LG.

Ahh the perpetual myth that the offensive line always sucks. Our offensive line is at least NFL average right now. We are elite on the left side, Wood is Wood and we have a rookie starting at right guard who should only improve. We need a right tackle. Not an overhaul. They will address it no problem. The offensive line is not even remotely on my radar as a concern entering into the offseason. I agree with everything else you said.

Did you even watch the game today? What makes you think Miller will improve... isn't that what everyone said about Henderson after last year(1st round talent?) The right side of the line blows.

I agreed right up until the last bullet point. We do need a competent backup though. We are set at QB and the people that can't seem to grasp this really baffle the **** outta me.