LB Tony Steward to IR; LB AJ Tarpley to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

I would love to see Spikes back. However, if Rex's defense is as complex as reported, and confirmed by ex players, we likely are not getting anyone who hasn't been exposed to it before. This means we are limited to practice squad guys, guys we had in camp, or Rex's former players.

This means a guy like Tarpley, who has been nothing but horrible so far, is in, and a guy like Spikes who can likely still contribute at least at a decent level, stays at home on the couch.

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan

Crazy how anybody that limps off the field at this point in the season ends up on IR a couple of days later.

it's because there's little time left to the season that alot of injuries won't be healed in time to make it back by the end of the year. You might as well put the player on IR and bring in someone you can take a look at and help instead of wasting a roster spot on someone who won't be able to play the rest of the season.

Also with it being near the end of the yeT and teams still in the hunt with banged up players already, lots of teams need a body to play now and take snaps while others are banged up so they go with IR so they can bring someone else in. Usually on the last few weeks, most role player guys have to either play hurt or go on IR if they get banged up cause teams don't have the space to hold them if they aren't going to be on the field.

I would love to see Spikes back. However, if Rex's defense is as complex as reported, and confirmed by ex players, we likely are not getting anyone who hasn't been exposed to it before. This means we are limited to practice squad guys, guys we had in camp, or Rex's former players.

This means a guy like Tarpley, who has been nothing but horrible so far, is in, and a guy like Spikes who can likely still contribute at least at a decent level, stays at home on the couch.

but you don't know if Spikes can contribute without knowing the defence. If this was the same defence as last year then yes he could step in and probably contribute,but with Rex's defence it doesn't appear to be easy enough that they can just get anyone and plug them in and contribute. And if they won't change and adjust the defence to suit their own players who are having trouble or issues with it, why would they change and adjust it for a guy who's been on the couch all season who they could have had earlier on their roster learning it? Obviously the front office or coaching staff aren't as big on Spikes as the fans are

There must be a reason why Spikes is not being considered for the Bills or ANY OTHER NFL team. Clearly they know something that we don't.

I'm not sure why people want him signed, when it is clear he is not even being brought in for a workout let alone being signed.

pretty sure it is Rex's fault

/s

it's because there's little time left to the season that alot of injuries won't be healed in time to make it back by the end of the year. You might as well put the player on IR and bring in someone you can take a look at and help instead of wasting a roster spot on someone who won't be able to play the rest of the season.

Also with it being near the end of the yeT and teams still in the hunt with banged up players already, lots of teams need a body to play now and take snaps while others are banged up so they go with IR so they can bring someone else in. Usually on the last few weeks, most role player guys have to either play hurt or go on IR if they get banged up cause teams don't have the space to hold them if they aren't going to be on the field.

but you don't know if Spikes can contribute without knowing the defence. If this was the same defence as last year then yes he could step in and probably contribute,but with Rex's defence it doesn't appear to be easy enough that they can just get anyone and plug them in and contribute. And if they won't change and adjust the defence to suit their own players who are having trouble or issues with it, why would they change and adjust it for a guy who's been on the couch all season who they could have had earlier on their roster learning it? Obviously the front office or coaching staff aren't as big on Spikes as the fans are

Agreed. This was the point. Whether someone is in a position to where they could contribute or not, they are not even going to get a look unless they have previous experience with a Rex Ryan defense.

I think we are gonna be investing heavily in LB in the offseason

The real question....with all the LB injuries.....why isnt RANDEL JOHNSON getting HIS chance

Randell's mental game has to catch up to his physical gifts if his many ST penalties are any indication as I suspect.

Holy Crap. Not Good. At least Tarpley will now hopefully be spending some serious time the rest of this week learning what the hell he is supposed to be doing if he does end up getting on the field :bag: At this point I'm all for bringing in Spikes. Even if weighs 300 lbs and comes stumbling in with liquor on his breath he's still got to be better than Tarpley.

Where is Leon Joe when you need him?

Spikes can play LB on 1st down, NT on second down, and gripe about being a 3 down LB on third!!!

The Bills' training staff continues its horse hospital approach to dealing with injuries:

2e5f242fb3b99776bcb9bdca1c67b678.jpg

One of my all-time favorite comics! Nice work.

It must be a system familiarity factor. It's certainly not his talent from what I have seen. But man does he look slow or what?

Not just that, but the angles and not knowing which gap to protect. KC ate him up alive. All-22 does not lie.

Edited by GG