The Bills - the best team in the NFL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Buffalo defeats the Skins, the Eagles and the Cowboys who gets spoiled?

Spoil those teams and the only team the Bills help would be the NY Giants.

The last game that really could be a spoiler is against the NY Jets.

Ummmm, maybe I didn't make myself clear. If we lose all four, but the Chiefs lose one or two, then we could spoil in a number of different ways (head to head opponents, point differential, common opponents). I put it all in the Playoff Machine and it spit out 35 different scenarios where we could spoil the season for millions of fans.

And it's disingenuous to suggest our only spoliation involves the Jets...the playoffs are determined by overall record, so if they win out and we beat them, we could screw things up for not only the Jets but the Steelers, Chiefs, etc.

*rubbing my hands together* Bring on the spoliation!!!

Ummmm, maybe I didn't make myself clear. If we lose all four, but the Chiefs lose one or two, then we could spoil in a number of different ways (head to head opponents, point differential, common opponents). I put it all in the Playoff Machine and it spit out 35 different scenarios where we could spoil the season for millions of fans.

And it's disingenuous to suggest our only spoliation involves the Jets...the playoffs are determined by overall record, so if they win out and we beat them, we could screw things up for not only the Jets but the Steelers, Chiefs, etc.

*rubbing my hands together* Bring on the spoliation!!!

:oops: my bad

When I see the term "spoilers", to me that usually means that a team out of the playoffs upsets one in the hunt and knocks them out.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

:oops: my bad

When I see the term "spoilers", to me that usually means that a team out of the playoffs upsets one in the hunt and knocks them out.

No, that's what I'm talking about. If we don't win out, but we take the fight to the Eagles, Skins and Giants, we could still spoil the season for other common opponents like the Jets, Chiefs, etc. I'd wager more people on this board look forward to being a bully spoiler than getting our booties kicked in Round 1 so why not be the best at something? Spoiling is in our blood....be the best damn spoiler bullies the NFL has ever seen.

No, that's what I'm talking about. If we don't win out, but we take the fight to the Eagles, Skins and Giants, we could still spoil the season for other common opponents like the Jets, Chiefs, etc. I'd wager more people on this board look forward to being a bully spoiler than getting our booties kicked in Round 1 so why not be the best at something? Spoiling is in our blood....be the best damn spoiler bullies the NFL has ever seen.

From my perspective the Bills don't stand much of a chance to unseat KC.

Either Houston or Indy will win their Div and the last WC as I see it would go to the Steelers or JETS.

Unless KC really blows up the only teams to benefit from Buffalo losses are those two.

....as spoilers.

Hear me out. If you can't be in the playoffs...if you can't drink from Lord Stanley's cup, if you can't raise the Wimbledon bowl over your head....why not be the son of a B word that prevents someone else from doing it?

Who really wants to be in the Playoffs when you can prevent a team like the Jets from making it...or the Chiefs or the Colts, etc.

I'd take 15 years of squashing the hopes and dreams of other AFC teams over one lousy year of a Wild Card thumping.

Go Bills. Don't let me down this year...I wanna see Fireman Ed cry.

For every team Buffalo prevents from getting in the playoffs they have also helped another team get in. So you can have your 15 years, I'll take a wildcard loss

....as spoilers.

Hear me out. If you can't be in the playoffs...if you can't drink from Lord Stanley's cup, if you can't raise the Wimbledon bowl over your head....why not be the son of a B word that prevents someone else from doing it?

Who really wants to be in the Playoffs when you can prevent a team like the Jets from making it...or the Chiefs or the Colts, etc.

I'd take 15 years of squashing the hopes and dreams of other AFC teams over one lousy year of a Wild Card thumping.

It's been 15 years.. I want the playoffs and nothing else lol. Bills can't prevent the chiefs because they already lost to them and K.c is in control of their destiny, and they have no impact on the colts so i'm not too sure what you meant there

For every team Buffalo prevents from getting in the playoffs they have also helped another team get in. So you can have your 15 years, I'll take a wildcard loss

Yeah, but the TV announcers always say "Buffalo looking to play spoiler to ________________ (insert team name here)" and gets me pumped for the game. So the importance of playing spoiler really can't be questioned. As such, losing a goofy Wildcard game, probably in NYC/NJ or in Pitt does nothing for me (or the countless others on this board who remain silent). But to snatch the dreams and emotions of some blowhard from Long Island or a young kid in Pittsburgh....that's the gift that keeps on giving.

It's been 15 years.. I want the playoffs and nothing else lol. Bills can't prevent the chiefs because they already lost to them and K.c is in control of their destiny, and they have no impact on the colts so i'm not too sure what you meant there

If KC loses out, you mean we still can't crush their dreams by beating a common opponent? We've been over this before. It really isn't difficult to understand.

If KC loses out, you mean we still can't crush their dreams by beating a common opponent? We've been over this before. It really isn't difficult to understand.

We play 3 nfc teams...The only way we would possibly screw them is if we lose to the jets.. so yes it's a little hard to understand for me

Edited by billsfan11

We play 3 nfc teams...The only way we would possibly screw them is if we lose to the jets.. so yes it's a little hard to understand for me

Just face it...you are one of those people that would rather watch us play a meaningless Wildcard game as opposed to witnessing grown men cry or 8 yr olds with little Jets/Chiefs/Steelers or Colts jerseys throw their hot pretzels at the players. I have run the numbers and we could make life miserable for millions of fans. We have secured our place in history as the "Spoiler Dynasty"...it's high time you start recognizing and appreciating the effort put into this moniker.

....as spoilers.

never liked ruining it for other teams

Just face it...you are one of those people that would rather watch us play a meaningless Wildcard game as opposed to witnessing grown men cry or 8 yr olds with little Jets/Chiefs/Steelers or Colts jerseys throw their hot pretzels at the players. I have run the numbers and we could make life miserable for millions of fans. We have secured our place in history as the "Spoiler Dynasty"...it's high time you start recognizing and appreciating the effort put into this moniker

My number one goal when I watch football is for the bills success. And regardless if they lose in the 1st round, it would be a good step forward if the bills made the playoffs, plus I have not experienced a playoff game In a long time and I am dying for that excitement. Everything after the bills, I really don't care. I would stress if New England or Miami are going to the superbowl but I can really care less about making "lives miserable for millions of fans" as our lives have been pretty damn miserable as bills fans ourselves

Edited by billsfan11

I think and hope you are joking.

Get to the playoffs if nothing else to remove the curse of the past 15 seasons, and take a step towards the ultimate goal of winning a SB.

No. You see, it's a matter of perspective. If we get to the SuperBowl our objective will not be to win it. It will be to spoil it for the NFC Champ and its minions of fans, and the media, and the Refs, and The League.

Now THAT's spoilage and I'd like to see us build a Spoilage Dynasty based on that scenario. :thumbsup: BBF for helping us get our thinking caps screwed on straight. Of course they're on backwards, but they are straight.

Counseling?? For what?

* Tell me you don't cherish the fact that we can knock others out of the playoffs?

* Does it not feel good to impose heartache and depression in the minds of the NYC or Indy fanbase?

* Would you seriously be upset if we failed to make the playoffs but, instead, were able to solidify our role as a "Spoiler Dynasty"?

You, sir, need to look at the glass half full.

this is a comical take on the last 15 years. A well-needed laugh perhaps. But I want to spoil Carolina's quest for a perfect season, in the Super Bowl!!!!!

No. You see, it's a matter of perspective. If we get to the SuperBowl our objective will not be to win it. It will be to spoil it for the NFC Champ and its minions of fans, and the media, and the Refs, and The League.

Now THAT's spoilage and I'd like to see us build a Spoilage Dynasty based on that scenario. :thumbsup: BBF for helping us get our thinking caps screwed on straight. Of course they're on backwards, but they are straight.

Always here to help you Nanker.