Carucci: Bills won't discuss Whaley's future during season

YoloinOhio

Thanks for the laugh, BV. :lol:

The numbskulls at TBN have been criticizing the Bills for everything from personnel decisions to the food in the press box. They're not afraid of being excluded.

Reporters tend to criticize an organization when they, you know, don't win for years on end. Start getting into the post-season and all that bad press the homer crowd claims pretty much goes away. Why is that hard to understand?

And if you think the BN boys show all their cards every time they get a tip, well, you're just plain naive.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What GM with "clout" is going to want to take this job knowing they have to keep Rex as head coach?

It will be the Idzik Jets all over again.

Good question. I think the Polian-type czar makes more sense, with Rex and Whaley/Whaley's replacement both reporting to him.

If they bring in a czar Whaley is gone within a year and GM of another team. Probably within a month of the czar, and he would want to leave more than the czar would want him out. There is no reason whatsoever for Whaley to want to stay.

That would be a terrible decision. We would have an old guy who didn't want to be a GM guessing who may turn into a didn't GM.

what is a "typical Bills move" these days? Have the new owners shown that they have done this before? I don't think they've owned the team long enough to establish any pattern of "typical moves" getting rid of someone who had brought talent to the team. Unless you are referring to the Sabres?

I'm referring to the last 15 years of failure of the franchise as a whole. I know what you're getting at, though.

If they bring in a czar Whaley is gone within a year and GM of another team. Probably within a month of the czar, and he would want to leave more than the czar would want him out. There is no reason whatsoever for Whaley to want to stay.

That would be a terrible decision. We would have an old guy who didn't want to be a GM guessing who may turn into a didn't GM.

Will that new team ever make the playoffs?

Pegs (and Rex) may not want Whaley to stay.

I'd love sone continuity for once on this team. Building on the good, and getting rid of the bad. Instead of getting rid of the good, and replacing with mediocre.

Let Whaley/Rex build a team and a system for a few years. We're already on a good path.

Pegs (and Rex) may not want Whaley to stay.

No idea what Pegula thinks. I bet Rex loves Whaley even if he doesn't agree with every single decision which would be impossible. If I had to bet I don't think Whaley is going anywhere and that the Pegulas like him too even if they didn't like the Fred incident, which I don't trust anyone's version as gospel. Could be either way.

No idea what Pegula thinks. I bet Rex loves Whaley even if he doesn't agree with every single decision which would be impossible. If I had to bet I don't think Whaley is going anywhere and that the Pegulas like him too even if they didn't like the Fred incident, which I don't trust anyone's version as gospel. Could be either way.

"Rex is impossible to predict what he really means."

"I bet this is what Rex thinks."

Rex wanted Taylor and Whaley got him. Rex wanted Incognito and Whaley got him. Rex wanted Harvin and Whaley got him. Rex wanted a workhorse and Whaley got him. Rex probably wanted a DB and Whaley got Darby. After Rex's experience in NJ, he's probably kissing Whaleys feet.

You can't read or comprehend what people say. I could have predicted you would say that. You don't need to listen to what he says to know why Rex would love Whaley.

If they miss the playoffs (which they will), this is how it's going to go down, I'm afraid.

Vintage KTD :lol:

I don't think the Fred Incident carries all that much weight as others do. To me, it's more about having no contract & the reported conflicts between him and 2 coaching staffs.

Rex wanted Taylor and Whaley got him. Rex wanted Incognito and Whaley got him. Rex wanted Harvin and Whaley got him. Rex wanted a workhorse and Whaley got him. Rex probably wanted a DB and Whaley got Darby. After Rex's experience in NJ, he's probably kissing Whaleys feet.

You can't read or comprehend what people say. I could have predicted you would say that. You don't need to listen to what he says to know why Rex would love Whaley.

You remind me of a young Walt Whitman.

Wowzer, Rex wanted a good RB, and one came falling out of the sky with Rex in the room. Rex wanted Harvin, and was the entire reason Harvin signed here. Incredible. The GM signed a player who wanted to play for Rex Ryan. Truly revolutionary. Whaley also just managed to sign a guy who was sitting on his couch for a year. Unbelievable! The sheer talent to pull something like that off!

why would they bring this up now?

I think Doug Whaley has done a decent job of bringing in good young talent. No one can be 100%

Because they prefer to avoid any talk about the team coming around finally. These people really do create a negative wave with this crap.

One of our best games, hope of a wildcard berth and a team trending up.

Hey lets go find something to mess with Fans heads!

they seem happy lately.

Go Buffalo News!?

wtf

Pure speculation here. It made perfect sense with the emergence of Karlos.

I think " handled " would be the key word here 26. Not the reasoning.

As much as i hate to agree, Karlos is worth the roster spot when he is available for sure.

i couldn't see that, pre release of Freddy and i had no idea McCoy would be this good or this reliable.

I suspect that Rex doesn't love Whaley. If he did, he's be praising him more them never, like he does to Tannenbaum in evey other freaking press conference. As I say above, I could be wrong, but I think it's more likely than not that Whaley is a goner. Teams that want a person re-sign them before a deal is up, especially when there's no equivalent of a franchise tag. Pretty much always.

Again, I could be wrong.

Edited by dave mcbride

not keeping whaley i believe would be a mistake. but i am also at the point that i don't care what happens i just want to win. I'm tired of losing. in a league with this much parody the bills have been able to continue to be inept. just win thats i care about

nailed it to the door

I suspect that Rex doesn't love Whaley. If he did, he's be praising him more them never, like he does to Tannenbaum in evey other freaking press conference. As I say above, I could be wrong, but I think it's more likely than not that Whaley is a goner. Teams that want a person re-sign them before a deal is up, especially when there's no equivalent of a franchise tag. Pretty much always.

Again, I could be wrong.

One more thing - I think Bills fans often get too attached to Bills people who aren't terrible. Whaley isn't terrible. He's truly average.

Edit: the fact that he said he's pursuing incognito and glenn extensions today sounds promising for him. So who knows.

Edited by dave mcbride

One more thing - I think Bills fans often get too attached to Bills people who aren't terrible. Whaley isn't terrible. He's truly average.

Edit: the fact that he said he's pursuing incognito and glenn extensions today sounds promising for him. So who knows.

average is good enough sometimes over a span of years.

Whaley is not going anywhere this post season. thats just crazy talk.

Agreed, the irony is that I think that Whaley is a lot better at his job than Rex is at his.

Their both pretty young in their positions but I have to agree.

Whaley has improved the level of talent on the squad since he's been here.

Rex took a Top 5 defense and made it mediocre.