My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

Boy did they ever try to give that one away.

Here we go.....

1) Offense looked good overall. Would be nice if some of those gadget plays would actually work.

2) Is it me, or do the coaches make much better 2nd half adjustments in games where they're behind at the half than they do when they have the lead?

3) Defense got caught with their draws down on the Texans first TD. Rex looked so dumbfounded on the sidelines on that one, and what's up with the shoddy tackling?

4) For a QB in his first season as a starter, TT's better than he's given credit for even though he's still a work in progress. Sammy is his hero right now.

5) Rambo's starting to really come around. That was a huge 'beat him off the football' hit he laid out.

6) Give the O-Line credit. Protection was better than expected. Watt didn't terrorize.

7) How did the refs miss that blatant pushoff by Hopkins on that TD catch in the 4th? BTW, he's a hell of a receiver.

8) Missed opportunities (Woods, Clay, Carpenter) didn't help, but the bad hold on the XP could have cost us the game. Glad they got some measure of redemption for themselves.

9) Sometimes average QBs can look like Hall Of Famers against the Bills defense, but this time we got good pressure on Hoyer when we needed to, and he choked with the game on the line.

10) We're not dead yet, but still have to run the table. Injuries are a concern, but if we do get in, and get most of our injured back, we can win a playoff game if we have to face the AFC South winner.
KEEP IT GOING BILLS!!!

7) my initial reaction was like yours, but replay showed it to be a lot less blatant...i was ok with the no call.

i liked this gillesie kid....coaches must like him as well, doing a direct snap to him in his first game???

Here we go.....

1) Offense looked good overall. Would be nice if some of those gadget plays would actually work.

2) Is it me, or do the coaches make much better 2nd half adjustments in games where they're behind at the half than they do when they have the lead?

3) Defense got caught with their draws down on the Texans first TD. Rex looked so dumbfounded on the sidelines on that one, and what's up with the shoddy tackling?

4) For a QB in his first season as a starter, TT's better than he's given credit for even though he's still a work in progress. Sammy is his hero right now.

5) Rambo's starting to really come around. That was a huge 'beat him off the football' hit he laid out.

6) Give the O-Line credit. Protection was better than expected. Watt didn't terrorize.

7) How did the refs miss that blatant pushoff by Hopkins on that TD catch in the 4th? BTW, he's a hell of a receiver.

8) Missed opportunities (Woods, Clay, Carpenter) didn't help, but the bad hold on the XP could have cost us the game. Glad they got some measure of redemption for themselves.

9) Sometimes average QBs can look like Hall Of Famers against the Bills defense, but this time we got good pressure on Hoyer when we needed to, and he choked with the game on the line.

10) We're not dead yet, but still have to run the table. Injuries are a concern, but if we do get in, and get most of our injured back, we can win a playoff game if we have to face the AFC South winner.
KEEP IT GOING BILLS!!!

They were outstanding! !89 yards rushing, only one sack, and that was the fault of poor coaching—a not very good blocking tightend one-on-one versus one of the most athletic DE in the league. Anyhow, considering the circumstances an opponent, they were OUTSTANDING today.

Run the table?

I think we can afford one more loss as long as it's not to the Jets.

We MIGHT be able to lose an NFC. KC is almost a lock. We can lose 1 more game that is an NFC game if Pittsburgh and NYJ lose 2 more and Houston and Oakland lose 1 more.

I believe we are IN if that is the case.

7) my initial reaction was like yours, but replay showed it to be a lot less blatant...i was ok with the no call.

i liked this gillesie kid....coaches must like him as well, doing a direct snap to him in his first game???

Where did that guy come from? He did make a good first impression.

They were outstanding! !89 yards rushing, only one sack, and that was the fault of poor coaching—a not very good blocking tightend one-on-one versus one of the most athletic DE in the league. Anyhow, considering the circumstances an opponent, they were OUTSTANDING today.

Agreed. A line starting 2 backups facing the best D-lineman in the league, and they did very well.

We MIGHT be able to lose an NFC. KC is almost a lock. We can lose 1 more game that is an NFC game if Pittsburgh and NYJ lose 2 more and Houston and Oakland lose 1 more.

I'm not 100% sure, but if we win out, I think we control our own destiny.

I haven't looked myself, but todays announcers said the Bills had to run the table and get a fair amount of help to even have a chance of making it in.

Pittsburgh isn't up a game just yet, and we play the Jets in Week 17. If we won out, we would simply need the Steelers to lose 1 of the next 5. I understand that they are technically up a game, but they pretty much need to win out to control their own destiny.

Correction if they won 3 of their next 5 and we won 3 of the next 4 (one being the jets) then our conference records would be tied, and it would go to best win loss percentage of common games. Which plays big into needing them to lose to Indy, or Cinci again.

We lost:

NE twice

KC

CIN

We won:

Indy

They lost:

NE

KC

CIN

They won:

None

Unplayed

Pittsburgh vs Indy

Pittsburgh @ Cincinatti

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm not 100% sure, but if we win out, I think we control our own destiny.

Not true at all. It was in the Buffalo News last week. If they go 10-6, they have a 78% chance of getting in and if they go 9-7 (with the loss being against an NFC opponent), they have a 67% chance of getting in. I'm sure it will be updated again this week. Steelers loss would be HUGE.

You are correct sir.

The Jets aren't really a concern. Even if we lose one, they could go 2-1 until our game and we would control our destiny against them. They can run the table until our game if we do and it still won't matter. They just can't get two games ahead of us.

The Raiders are done.

The Texans/Colts aren't a concern. If we lose enough games that a tiebreaker comes into play with either of them, we're done anyway. Plus one is gonna win the division.

We can probably concede one spot to the Chiefs.

It's all about the Steelers folks. The Steelers need to lose a game or two.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

No?

Its between us, the Jets, the Chiefs and Pittsburgh.

I'm convinced the Chiefs will take at least one of the wild cards given their schedule.

However, if the Jets lose at least one before we play them and the Steelers lose two we can afford one more loss to an NFC team.

You're right, he's wrong. But it would greatly enhance their chances if they won out. Despite what the projections said in my post above, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 10-6, we're in, 9-7 (even if loss comes to NFC), we're out. The Steelers are too good.

Here we go.....

KEEP IT GOING BILLS!!!

Agree EXCEPT #3. that was an illegal play, Pats did something similar and also got away with it. 100 to 1 if we pull that stunt we get flagged for it.

I think we'll beat out the Jets. KC should get the #5 seed, and it comes down to us vs Pittsburgh. If we win out, we should get the last wild card spot.

After the Colts choke, and the Jets upset the Giants its gonna be an uphill battle for that WC spot but we have the talent to do it. Just gotta stay healthy. Hope Rex gives them tuesday off, or just make it film study to rest our horses for the beagles.

Not true at all. It was in the Buffalo News last week. If they go 10-6, they have a 78% chance of getting in and if they go 9-7 (with the loss being against an NFC opponent), they have a 67% chance of getting in. I'm sure it will be updated again this week. Steelers loss would be HUGE.

You are correct sir.

The Jets aren't really a concern. Even if we lose one, they could go 2-1 until our game and we would control our destiny against them. They can run the table until our game if we do and it still won't matter. They just can't get two games ahead of us.

The Raiders are done.

The Texans/Colts aren't a concern. If we lose enough games that a tiebreaker comes into play with either of them, we're done anyway. Plus one is gonna win the division.

We can probably concede one spot to the Chiefs.

It's all about the Steelers folks. The Steelers need to lose a game or two.

I did the math at this link, they need to lose AT LEAST 2 for us to get in. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/12/5/9853324/play-2-win-but-we-can-still-make-the-playoffs-if-we-lose-this-week

They need to lose to the Bengals, and if we won out, we would have the tiebreaker. If the Steelers win next week, they need to lose 2 of the last 3, and we could then afford to lose 1 NFC matchup.

Edited by What a Tuel

• The Offense looked great in the first half.
  • Why can't they do it in the 3rd QTR?
  • LACES OUT fool!
  • Clay getting open with the TD pass was awesome!!!

First time the Bills defeated a team when they scored more than 20 points!

Edited by NOVABillsFan

if that was the one with the substitution issue, he wasn't dumbfounded, he was pissed that the refs allowed the play to go on, i don't think it's reviewable, he didn't seem confused, he seemed downright pissed