Any Bills fans been to a game in Philly?

I live in Philadelphia and it is the worst sports town in the US. All their teams are horrific. They are marginally loyal at best, they are pundits to their teams and your odds of meeting a real bad fan are your odds in any major US city. That being said, I'll be watching the game at home.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Philadelphia and it is the worst sports town in the US. All their teams are horrific. They are marginally loyal at best, they are pundits to their teams and your odds of meeting a real bad fan are your odds in any major US city. That being said, I'll be watching the game at home.

I'm not an NBA fan but it must suck if you follow the 76ers. We call teams dumpster fires, but they really are one.

I couldn't think of the name earlier which someone else mentioned but Tony Luke's also has good food and isn't far from the stadium.

I'm not an NBA fan but it must suck if you follow the 76ers. We call teams dumpster fires, but they really are one.

Maybe right now but they have a bunch of first round picks coming with a chance at 4 this year two of which could be in top ten plus a boatload of cap space.

They could possibly add Ben Simmons, another top pick, Embiid and Saric to the team this offseason plus a high priced free agent or two.

It sux as a fan right now but could have big payoff in the long run.

Edited by Max997

Plus Jerry Colangelo just joined the staff, overseeing basketball ops. Don't be surprised to his son come in as well and watch hinkie be shown the door....then we won't be able to get $5 sixers tickets anymore :-(

I couldn't think of the name earlier which someone else mentioned but Tony Luke's also has good food and isn't far from the stadium.

Maybe right now but they have a bunch of first round picks coming with a chance at 4 this year two of which could be in top ten plus a boatload of cap space.

They could possibly add Ben Simmons, another top pick, Embiid and Saric to the team this offseason plus a high priced free agent.

It sux as a fan right now but could have big payoff in the long run.

I was offered a free ticket to the game this weekend last month which I passed on but the insanely high temps this weekend hv me regretting that decision a bit.

Plus Jerry Colangelo just joined the staff, overseeing basketball ops. Don't be surprised to his son come in as well and watch hinkie be shown the door....then we won't be able to get $5 sixers tickets anymore :-(

I actually think Hinkie is safe, it's Scott O'Neal who is in trouble IMO

The first Embiid injury really screwed things up. If he wasn't hurt before the draft Cleveland would hv taken him and Wiggins would hv fell to Sixers with Parker still going to Bucks.

If Healthy I'd take Embiid over both Noel and Okafor but I don't think Embiid will ever be fully healthy.

Edited by Max997

Very. There is a SEPTA Rail Line station just outside of the Wachovia center. You could take SEPTA to Suburban St Station, transfer to a train to take you to 30th street for Amtrak.

Or you can uber a taxi to 30th st.

Either option wont take to long even with the traffic.

thank you

I have just decided to go since I will be in AC saturday night anyway. 45 minutes from the stadium 70 degree weather and a must-win? Couldn't resist. Anyone heading down there let me know. Prolly head over to Pintos shin-dig

If by AC you mean Atlantic City, it's more like 75 minutes away. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes, I have been to two including one at the old vet; they fans made a couple of comments but noting physical. I just smiled and moved on when they did.

The only Bills/Eagles game I saw in Philly was at the Vet on Oct 27, 1985. I did see the USFL Stars there too. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Have fun guys. Don't wear your jersey unless you are in a nice sized group of Bills fans. I've heard it's nothing like the animals at the Vet. They've priced their way out of the animals that used to go to games there.

I don't hate Philly fans, I just want to beat them tomorrow.

Cheer us on boys. Hopefully someone is sitting down in on of the endzones so McCoy, Clay, or Watkins can hand you a ball. I love when the players do that especially to the kids. That is showing what a nice sports role model you can be.