Any Bills fans been to a game in Philly?

Find Pinto Ken in the lot. Having him arpond insures that the fans won't bother uou. In Oakland, he was with our group. The people nearby were staring at us doing the famous bowling ball shots asking what we were doing. He offered them shots too and thy were all nice.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much good food in Philly. Definitely hit some places, but stay away from Pat's or Gino's. Probably the worst cheese steaks in the city. Who the hell puts Cheese Whiz on a cheese steak? I do recommend John's Roast Pork east of the stadium. Roast Pork and Greens is Philly's lesser known hoagie but well worth seeking out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Spoke with Pinto Kenny, and according to him they will be having the tailgate in Lot H.

Also the Downtown Philadelphia Backers are hosting a Saturday night party.

Here are the details on that: https://www.facebook.com/Downtown-Philadelphia-Buffalo-Bills-Backers-130449452834/

Scroll down a little and you'll see the flyer.

There is so much good food in Philly. Definitely hit some places, but stay away from Pat's or Gino's. Probably the worst cheese steaks in the city. Who the hell puts Cheese Whiz on a cheese steak? I do recommend John's Roast Pork east of the stadium. Roast Pork and Greens is Philly's lesser known hoagie but well worth seeking out.

Pat's and Gino's are both amazingly overrated...the best cheesesteak in the city is at Jim's Steaks on South Street

I've been to a bunch of Eagles home games, including the Bills game 7 years ago. I've never personally witnessed or experienced anything too troubling. Frankly, I experienced far more harassment at the Sabres v Flyers games I attended in Philly back in the day; and even that wasn't so bad. I'm going to the game Sunday, it is going to be 70 degrees and should be a lot of fun. If you are not driving, hop on the Subway after the game and get off at the Walnut-locust stop where there are tons of great bars and restaurants in the area.

i agree with everything you and PTR have said, however, Pat's and Geno's are very good for tourists, much like anchor bar is a destination for visitors to Buffalo, you can say you did it. I do like Jim's for cheesesteaks, and sorry PTR, in Philly Whiz has a place on steaks(Whiz wit for me). For an added Philly treat, stop at Lorenzo's first, get a slice, then a Jim's steak and make yourself a Philly Taco :-) Best sandwich in town, hands down is still Dinic's roast pork with sharp and rabe....honestly it is worth fighting the crowds at Reading Terminal Market, actually Reading Terminal alone is worth fighting the crowds.

Pat's and Gino's are both amazingly overrated...the best cheesesteak in the city is at Jim's Steaks on South Street

Cheese steaks in Philly are much like wings in Buffalo, some of the best come from hole-in-the-walls. The hoagie place inside Reading Terminal Market is terrific. Man, what a Disneyland of food that place is. http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants Edited by PromoTheRobot

yup, don't let the ambience of a place scare you away, and as long as it's daylight, don't be too worried about the neighborhood either, just be aware of your surroundings..

Cheese steaks in Philly are much like wings in Buffalo, some of the best come from hole-in-the-walls. The hoagie place inside Reading Terminal Market is terrific. Man,what a Disneyland of food that place is. http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants

yup, don't let the ambience of a place scare you away, and as long as it's daylight, don't be too worried about the neighborhood either, just be aware of your surroundings..

My future son-in-law swears by the former Chink's Steaks. (Now Joe's. Name change due to perceived racism, even though Chink wasn't Chinese.)

http://joessteaks.com/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Cheese steaks in Philly are much like wings in Buffalo, some of the best come from hole-in-the-walls. The hoagie place inside Reading Terminal Market is terrific. Man, what a Disneyland of food that place is. http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants

The best cheese steaks in Philly are at Delasandros in the Roxborough section of the city. It is a total hole in the wall. Unfortunately, it isn't close to the Stadium or Center City hotels.

My future son-in-law swears by the former Chink's Steaks. (Now Joe's. Name change due to perceived racism, even though Chink wasn't Chinese.)

http://joessteaks.com/

Joes has great non-cheesesteak sandwiches too. It is also not near the stadium or center city.

Wow, they had a show on man vs food one time in Philly & they said those are the best two places to get a cheese steak in town. Interesting that I have heard from several posters now that they are both overrated. Just goes to show what how little the travel channel knows about cheese steaks!

they are to cheesesteaks in philly what anchor bar is to wings in buffalo, ground zero pretty much but others have improved upon them. You will get a very good cheesesteak from them, but there is always a very long line at both places. Best part about Pat's and Geno's is you have Italian Market on one side of them, Passyunk Ave with shops and pubs on the other side.

Wow, they had a show on man vs food one time in Philly & they said those are the best two places to get a cheese steak in town. Interesting that I have heard from several posters now that they are both overrated. Just goes to show what how little the travel channel knows about cheese steaks!

one i have been meaning to try but haven't made my way yet is gooey looies. I have heard good things, but just haven't ventured there yet. Tony Lukes is very good, they put one in KoP mall, not the same atmosphere but the food is still all Tony Luke

A good bet is Tony Luke's on Oregon Ave. it has great steaks and other sandwiches and is down the street from the stadium.

You have to take travel shows with a grain of salt because many times the places they feature pay for the privilege.

Pooj is correct to compare Pat's and Geno's to Anchor bar. They are more iconic than great. This is what a cheese steak is at those places: a slab of meat covered in Cheese Whiz on a sub roll.

To me a proper cheese steak is shaved steak chopped on the grill, cooked in butter with onions and mushrooms, with white American cheese melted into the steak before loading it into a fresh roll. THAT'S a cheese steak! Recently I've come to appreciate a touch of ketchup mixed into the steak.

Buffalo has some good cheese steak places too. Anatone's on Seneca near Cazanovia is terrific.

Edited by PromoTheRobot