Trump Alone at the Top

Do people realize that these polls are completely without validity? An "online" poll?

Those here took who took stats 101 understand....a poll with equal validity would be....9/10 people think Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.... based on callers to the Baurle show,,,,

Hell a more accurate poll would be of those here on PPP that align themselves with conservatives regarding Trump. And not just yes or no. Yes, no, maybe, dumbass, double dumbass. I have a feeling double dumbass would win hands down.

Do people realize that these polls are completely without validity? An "online" poll?

Those here took who took stats 101 understand....a poll with equal validity would be....9/10 people think Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.... based on callers to the Baurle show,,,,

reputable source. fair questions. cross section of electorate polled. margin of error +/- 4%. even if you double that to 8% ,thats still a significant majority of repugs supporting trump after his muslim statement . i'd say the poll must be considered meaningful. it at least documents a trend.

and to la's question; yes, i think it's reasonable to conclude that a majority of republicans in this poll do not denounce trump's statement on muslims. not a surprise.

pretty scary stuff. and then there's the 18% of dems that favor trumps position. who are these people? where are those demographics? i suspect it's an even more homogeneous group than the repugs with the same opinions. certainly a much smaller group. maybe we need a smaller tent.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/292796480/Bloomberg-Politics-Purple-Strategies-Trump-poll

Edited by birdog1960

reputable source. fair questions. cross section of electorate polled. margin of error +/- 4%. even if you double that to 8% ,thats still a significant majority of repugs supporting trump after his muslim statement . i'd say the poll must be considered meaningful. it at least documents a trend.

and to la's question; yes, i think it's reasonable to conclude that a majority of republicans in this poll do not denounce trump's statement on muslims. not a surprise.

pretty scary stuff. and then there's the 18% of dems that favor trumps position. who are these people? where are those demographics? i suspect it's an even more homogeneous group than the repugs with the same opinions. certainly a much smaller group. maybe we need a smaller tent.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/292796480/Bloomberg-Politics-Purple-Strategies-Trump-poll

A representative opt-in panel?

You're an idiot.

Hell a more accurate poll would be of those here on PPP that align themselves with conservatives regarding Trump. And not just yes or no. Yes, no, maybe, dumbass, double dumbass. I have a feeling double dumbass would win hands down.

I'm going with double dumbass because if he had presented himself as a more measured, detailed and articulate candidate hitting all all of the same hot topics - he'd be running away with the nomination. This was still possible in September. Now it's over IMO.

My guess is in his business that he has some pretty sharp analytical and project management folks working for him. I expected to see some of these skills from him in the campaign. Thought there would be more to him than just what we see on TV.

Yeah, I read it back in September when it came out.

ps: what does win the primary refer to ?

that's interesting since it was first published by the washington post on dec 2… it wasn't even written by baker til sept 22.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/private-memo-lays-out-how-the-gop-would-deal-with-trump-as-its-nominee/2015/12/02/78514cba-9909-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html

The document was shared with The Washington Post by a high-ranking Republican who did so on the condition of anonymity because it was not intended to be made public. Its authenticity was confirmed by a second top GOP official.

Edited by birdog1960

that's interesting since it was first published by the washington post on dec 2… it wasn't even written by baker til sept 22.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/private-memo-lays-out-how-the-gop-would-deal-with-trump-as-its-nominee/2015/12/02/78514cba-9909-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html

The document was shared with The Washington Post by a high-ranking Republican who did so on the condition of anonymity because it was not intended to be made public. Its authenticity was confirmed by a second top GOP official.

The only reason Trump even exists is because many voters are sick of voting for establishment candidates who say what the voters want to hear in a campaign cycle and then when elected behave and govern like liberal-lite. There are too many disaffected voters that have been created by career politicians that many people have grown to hate politics and the see Trump (for better or worse) as a political EMP that will go in and destroy. The establishment has created Trumpenstein. No one can imitate him, he is who he is. That is his appeal. If an establishment candidate tries to be "trump like" most people would see through it in seconds and it wouldn't gain a fraction of the momentum Trump has. Trump is who he is because there are so many pissed off voters.

Aarrgh ! That's what I get for reading too quickly. You are correct bd, I was confusing it with the screed that little Reince Priebus (the RNC Chair) put out in September, at the height of the "anti-immigration" BS , warning all the candidates about The Donald.

There were a few more at the end of September right after Scott Walker dropped out.

This "leak" that you posted certainly follows in that vein.

If Trump wins the nomination (which I think is incredibly unlikely) it will be fun to see what the GOP 'leaders' say then...................

The only reason Trump even exists is because many voters are sick of voting for establishment candidates who say what the voters want to hear in a campaign cycle and then when elected behave and govern like liberal-lite. There are too many disaffected voters that have been created by career politicians that many people have grown to hate politics and the see Trump (for better or worse) as a political EMP that will go in and destroy. The establishment has created Trumpenstein. No one can imitate him, he is who he is. That is his appeal. If an establishment candidate tries to be "trump like" most people would see through it in seconds and it wouldn't gain a fraction of the momentum Trump has. Trump is who he is because there are so many pissed off voters.

no doubt. but the way forward isn't to elect a loose cannon, reactionary, thoughtless, oafish, crass narcissist.

these handlers are skilled. hell, they sold many of these same people the iraq war. they'll sell them one of the controllable, more centrist candidates. and they'll use trump's more desirable traits. i must admit to being more confident in that than the senior nrsc staffer.

the great irony here to me is that bernie sanders is he most anti establishment candidate in the race. the most plain spoken. the most consistent and straight forward. has an undeniably impressive track record of swimming upstream despite the political risks. and almost no one that is behind trump for these very same reasons would ever consider voting for him. the further irony is that many of the same voters would likely fare better financially under bernie's programs.

Edited by birdog1960

Haven't paid close attention to him prior to this year and given the length of the campaign I expected more depth in his presentations.

Nope, you're seeing vintage Trump and he's loving it.