Another Brady proposed rule change

Tom Brady says receivers should have legs protected like other players

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14274687/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-wants-rule-change-protect-receivers

"It's obviously a contact sport, guys are going to get hit, [but] I do think they should change some of those rules with those defenseless receivers," Brady said in his Wednesday news conference.

"Quarterbacks get their legs protected. Defensive linemen get their legs protected. Linebackers get their legs protected. I don't see why a defenseless receiver shouldn't get his legs protected as well."

What exactly would be a case of someone going at the legs of a defenseless receiver? The only thing I can think of is one where they jump up to catch a high pass.

I thought this too..

So they obviously cant target the head and now they cant target the legs

Doc was right when he called it a strike zone for players

CBF

It should be a penalty if a ball carrier is tackled when he is trying to advance the ball and score a touchdown. A play is only whistled dead when a ball carrier goes out of bounds. Fumbles out of bounds continue to be a live ball until recovered.

Incomplete passes that do not contact a receiver and land in bounds are now live balls. Intentional grounding inside the tackle box is still a penalty, but no more spiking it outside the tacklebox to avoid a sack or bc of good coverage, if you want to throw it away, you have to sky it. If you throw a deep ball - make sure the intended receiver can get a hand on it otherwise its like a punt. This would cause mayhem. And I would love it.

What exactly would be a case of someone going at the legs of a defenseless receiver? The only thing I can think of is one where they jump up to catch a high pass.

in Brady's view? Whatever happened when his receivers were injured would be called.

Ban tackling outright. Equip all players with Tasers. Problem solved.

taser football would be awesome to watch, I bet that would have made a good Jackass video....

Absolutely Tom...in fact, when a receiver is running with the ball, the defender should run up behind him and just tag him and yell "Gotcha". The only real question is whether the defender has to touch the WR with one hand or two.

problem is the league would have 50 pages dedicated to what can be considered a 'touch' and what isn't and it would be just as clear as what is called a 'catch' in today's NFL

two hand touch ?

Can you imagine how many calls the refs would get wrong.

"After further review the defender's right hand touched the runner and the left pinky finger did graze the jersey before the ball came out. There is no fumble as he is down by contact."