Enhance your calm...

hmsmystic

After year 30x, game 100x of raging on Mondays, I have chosen to use my positive attitude in life and finally apply it to the Bills.

Here goes, and hopefully this helps someone else!

1) All of the good franchises have success because of coach/system tenure and stability, solid QB play, timely defensive play down the stretch

2) Rex has a defensive system that works, however he does not have the players necessary to run it yet (really he runs a 3-4, and we don't have the personnel) He and the GM need time to assemble the pieces.

3) Roman is a competent OC, with the ability to get plenty out of average QBs. He needs another year to work with Tyrod, (who may or may not be the answer) and another year of assembling players for his system

4) We are not going to the playoffs this year. Too sloppy, too messy- not happening. Lets look forward and hope that year 2 in the system, with 2 drafts and free agent classes to assemble the proper talent, proves to be the difference.

In short- give us time! You saw the Browns game last night and those graphics- (how many coaches, GMs and coordinators they have been through in the last few years) we don't want that!

There is no guarantee Rex will take us to the promised land, but this regime needs some time, as in years, to try and I am looking forward to seeing it work!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many here have given 16 years or more of sucking. How much more time would you like them to give? Or is next year THE year ... again ...

But ultimately most will suck it up and wait. They are Bills fans after all, that's what they do, for better or for worse.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Many here have given 16 years or more of sucking. How much more time would you like them to give? Or is next year THE year ... again ...

But ultimately most will suck it up and wait. They are Bills fans after all, that's what they do, for better or for worse.

The past 16 years have little to no bearing on this current team. They're different from top to bottom, from owners, to the front office, to the players and coaches. No one is saying give the Pegulas 16 more years, just give them more than 14 months. Stability is important, and something this franchise did not have during Ralph's final stretch.

So wait, now the D isn't good because of the personnel? The same personnel that was good enough for top 5 Ds the last two years? The same personnel who Rex was chomping at the bit for because it was more talent than he's had since Baltimore?

The team was on the cusp of the playoffs because of the D. So now you're saying that both the D and the O needed to be overhauled for Rex to be successful? And your post was supposed to be a positive spin on things?

In the NFL, every year there are a few teams that go from the outhouse to the penthouse. Yet somehow, the Bills never appear to be one of them. I'm all for stability, but Rex was a mistake. Bad game-day coaches never get better, but we're stuck with this guy, and at the end of 2016, 17 and counting. SMH.

1. You don't have to love Rex/Whaley but we can't stick a 15 year playoff drought on them.

2. They are 14-13 in their last 27 games and are one game out of a wildcard spot. It isn't time to blow up anything.

So wait, now the D isn't good because of the personnel? The same personnel that was good enough for top 5 Ds the last two years? The same personnel who Rex was chomping at the bit for because it was more talent than he's had since Baltimore?

The team was on the cusp of the playoffs because of the D. So now you're saying that both the D and the O needed to be overhauled for Rex to be successful? And your post was supposed to be a positive spin on things?

I don't buy the argument that the D isn't good (it is good, it just hasn't been elite) or isn't good because of the personnel. Yes, losing Aaron Williams this year hurt a lot more than folks want to talk about. Yes, losing Kyle was a big blow to the front four. But there's still plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball to be an elite defense. The thing that is lacking is experience in Rex's system. That takes time, and may be the biggest thing fans took for granted (at least I did) when the change was made.

The D is going to be fine.

The past 16 years have little to no bearing on this current team. They're different from top to bottom, from owners, to the front office, to the players and coaches. No one is saying give the Pegulas 16 more years, just give them more than 14 months. Stability is important, and something this franchise did not have during Ralph's final stretch.

I never understand the "I demand a winner NOW!" posts. What do these people think, they aren't trying?

If people are tired of waiting 16 years (and it will probably be more), they are free to get off the bus at any time.

I never understand the "I demand a winner NOW!" posts. What do these people think, they aren't trying?

If people are tired of waiting 16 years (and it will probably be more), they are free to get off the bus at any time.

Exactly. If this were still Ralph's club, with Ralph's cronies running the team into the ground year after year, I'd understand the "IT'S BEEN 16 YEARS!" frustrations. But he's gone. The entire franchise has undergone a tremendous change in just 14 months, less with the new coaching staff bringing in new schemes on both sides of the ball just 11 months ago. That kind of overhaul takes time to adjust under the best of circumstances.

Patience is a dirty word around here for some who fail to understand how much has actually changed in 14 months, but things are still trending up for this franchise in a big way. They have the most talented roster they've had in ages, there are still plenty of holes to fill but there's capable people in the front office making those decisions now. A few breaks go the Bills way down the stretch and they're playing playoff football come January.

we should all just hop on the bandwagon of a team that has already clinched a playoff spot just to make things easier. Oh wait.... There aren't any.

we should all just hop on the bandwagon of a team that has already clinched a playoff spot just to make things easier. Oh wait.... There aren't any.

I live in Cardinals country and am quietly rooting for them as team #2- it does help dull the pain