Rex was awful- AGAIN

billsfan_34

When your guy makes a catch, runs up field, gets tackled, goes to the ground...and they call it an incomplete pass, you need to see every angle to at least ASK your staff up stairs about that play? Come on! Everyone at home was questioning that call BEFORE the replay was shown because...it made no sense!

Yet Rex and his staff could not have come to that same conclusion? Throw in the towel, your done on this one.

You don't read. Not my fault.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12s13 seconds ago

Players say the #Bills decided to contain Alex Smith, play more coverage than blitz. Backfired badly. Team credited for zero QB hits.

This is Rex out thinking himself like he has for most of the year.

Run the same dang D the Bills did against Brady. If it screws Brady up it will for sure screw up A Smith. And I would rather see A Smith beat me with his legs. It would not happen. Yes Smith is more mobil than Brady but Smith is not RGIII from his rookie season.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Dude - I know you're grouchy, we all are - but it isn't helping to be telling us what we are and aren't allowed to be mad at Rex for...

No. I blamed this entire game on Rex twenty times already. Weo wasn't reading what I said. I blamed the challenges on the staff. I blame the whole game on Rex.

No. I blamed this entire game on Rex twenty times already. Weo wasn't reading what I said. I blamed the challenges on the staff. I blame the whole game on Rex.

I read it all. You blame it on his staff. You said it is reasonable that he and he and likely his OC were looking at "something else" than the actually critical play.

Yup, I read you very well. We all did.

I read it all. You blame it on his staff. You said it is reasonable that he and he and likely his OC were looking at "something else" than the actually critical play.

Yup, I read you very well. We all did.

No. I said that happens a lot. I have no idea what they were looking at. The staff needs to tell every head coach whether to challenge or not on most plays. Because the HC is often the guy who has little information or not a great view.

It didn't look like it on the first two. On the last one you could see it was a catch. He had it in two hands as it hit the ground and it didn't move at all. With the weird rules they have that is a catch. There was not a good chance of it being overturned though.

That was so not a catch. But regardless, I agree - it's not remotely challengeable given the replay regardless of the precise outcome. Moreover, he threw the flag because of a player lobbying (after said player failed for the second time that game to hold an easy catch), not analysis.

No. I said that happens a lot. I have no idea what they were looking at. The staff needs to tell every head coach whether to challenge or not on most plays. Because the HC is often the guy who has little information or not a great view.

On this play, all he had to do was see the flag and realize it didn't make sense. this wasn't a "bang bang" play. That's all the info he needed. He should have asked the guys upstairs what they thought.

This was an easy decision. That much is almost universally accepted so far tonight. Even Rex knows hw blew an easy one, trying to blame it lamely on the Chiefs organization.

That was so not a catch. But regardless, I agree - it's not remotely challengeable given the replay regardless of the precise outcome. Moreover, he threw the flag because of a player lobbying (after said player failed for the second time that game to hold an easy catch), not analysis.

I have always thought that a lot of times players actually truly believe they made a catch when they didn't. Not a Bills or Nfll or right or wrong kind of observation. But the play is so quick and they are getting hit by a defender and they feel the ball in their hands and they are sure it is a catch when it wasn't.

How do you people blame the HC for challenges when he usually doesn't see the replays you do?

Rex lost the game other ways, not challenges.

Because it's his right hand person AND a game situation awareness thing --- you can't act like the guy making the final call has no culpability in the choice made either

On this play, all he had to do was see the flag and realize it didn't make sense. this wasn't a "bang bang" play. That's all the info he needed. He should have asked the guys upstairs what they thought.

This was an easy decision. That much is almost universally accepted so far tonight. Even Rex knows hw blew an easy one, trying to blame it lamely on the Chiefs organization.

Again, I think he was lying and protecting the guys. I think they obviously told him something but it wasn't strong enough. They should have seen the replay we did and say it's a catch, challenge it. But I doubt they did. Maybe they did and he ignored them.

What flag?

I have always thought that a lot of times players actually truly believe they made a catch when they didn't. Not a Bills or Nfll or right or wrong kind of observation. But the play is so quick and they are getting hit by a defender and they feel the ball in their hands and they are sure it is a catch when it wasn't.

Most times, yes. In that instance, no. Bob woods wasn't touched and he just failed. His lobbying looked to me like a sign that he couldn't accept his failure (especially after the earlier bad drop which was directly responsible for the chiefs getting a fg attempt at the end of the first half).

This is a different subject, but woods is really mediocre. He's like the Bills' very own Jabar Gaffney.

Because it's his right hand person AND a game situation awareness thing --- you can't act like the guy making the final call has no culpability in the choice made either

Coaches make bad calls of course. What I am saying and I think it's inarguable, that most of the time the HC doesn't have nearly as much information as the guy in the booth, and his angle on the field is not usually the best, and all coaches, good and bad, have to rely on the guys on the booth in order to make the challenge or not, UNLESS the play is shown on the Jumbotron in a few different angles in enough time before the next play is run. That doesn't happen all that much but sometimes it does.

Fwiw, I don't give HC credit for making good calls either. They don't know that information and have to rely, usually, on others. We as fans don't know on any specific call what the HC may or may not know.

Again, I think he was lying and protecting the guys. I think they obviously told him something but it wasn't strong enough. They should have seen the replay we did and say it's a catch, challenge it. But I doubt they did. Maybe they did and he ignored them.

What flag?

Sorry, not flag, but wave off of the catch. No interested individual would not have questioned that call immediately

Most times, yes. In that instance, no. Bob woods wasn't touched and he just failed. His lobbying looked to me like a sign that he couldn't accept his failure (especially after the earlier bad drop which was directly responsible for the chiefs getting a fg attempt at the end of the first half).

This is a different subject, but woods is really mediocre. He's like the Bills' very own Jabar Gaffney.

Woods had a bad game. He dropped a few. We will just disagree on this one. He caught it. It hit the ground but when that happened he had two hands on it and the ball didn't move. That's the definition of a catch. It's a weird NFL rule. We agree it would not have been overturned.

I thought Rex said last week "this is our defense" implying that what he brought against the Pats (quite succesfully I might add), would be what we'd be seeing from here on out. And then all of a sudden today, poof it disappears - no QB pressure. Why oh why does this moron keep deciding he has to try to outsmart? You can almost hear his wheels turning..."Hey I'll tell them this is our D, then I'll lay low with no QB pressure the next week - oh yeah, that'll really f with their minds. Genius...".

Edited by Georgia Bill

Sorry, not flag, but wave off of the catch. No interested individual would not have questioned that call immediately

Who knows the angle he had from the middle of the field. For all we know Hogans body was completely blocking his viewpoint of whether it was a catch or not. From what he said in the pressed he didn't have a good angle live (although againI think he was lying about what happened so who knows). I am talking generalities. You are assuming he had a good look at it when you and I have no idea if he did or not.

We both agree that someone should have seen The replay we did showing it was a catch and that he should have challenged. Someone should have told him to challenge the Maclin catch too. The Woods challenge was a bad call by Rex because he believed Woods and they were not going to overturn it even though to me it was a catch. That's the one we can blame on Rex.

I thought Rex said last week "this is our defense" implying that what he brought against the Pats (quite succesfully I might add), would be what we'd be seeing from here on out. And then all of a sudden today, poof it disappears - no QB pressure. Why oh why does this moron keep deciding he has to try to outsmart? You can almost hear his wheels turning..."Hey I'll tell them this is our D, then I'll lay low with no QB pressure the next week - oh yeah, that'll really f with their minds. Genius...".

This was his biggest mistake. He almost said in the middle of the week that he wasn't going to do the same thing because of Alsx Smith and the screens and the kinds of plays they run but it was a huge mistake. Terrible game plan and defensive play calls.

Who knows the angle he had from the middle of the field. For all we know Hogans body was completely blocking his viewpoint of whether it was a catch or not. From what he said in the pressed he didn't have a good angle live (although againI think he was lying about what happened so who knows). I am talking generalities. You are assuming he had a good look at it when you and I have no idea if he did or not.

We both agree that someone should have seen The replay we did showing it was a catch and that he should have challenged. Someone should have told him to challenge the Maclin catch too. The Woods challenge was a bad call by Rex because he believed Woods and they were not going to overturn it even though to me it was a catch. That's the one we can blame on Rex.

Disagree - the bills completely rushed after the hogan play rather than waiting a tad. They had a lot of time, and moreover if they tied it they wouldn't want the chiefs getting the ball back. Take some time to make sure. It was bad all around. Edited by dave mcbride