Hostage Situation at Planned Parenthood in Colorado

Tiberius

Loretta Lynch still not sure of motives

Investigators think that as the San Bernardino, California, massacre was happening, female shooter Tashfeen Malik posted a pledge of allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Malik's post was made on an account with a different name, one U.S. official said. The officials did not explain how they knew Malik made the post.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to throw this out there one more time. Please forgive the redundancy, which is actually a funny thing to say, considering the venue...

Does anyone here see a fundamental difference between this attack and the Planned Parenthood attack?

Edited by Gene Frenkle

Nice deception with the title....Lynch is not even mentioned or quoted on the story.....but hey...who checks this stuff....

Anyhoo - The US has completely outsmarted the terrorists - much like Vizzini with Iocane...we here in 'Merica have been desensitizing ourselves with mass shootings by flooding the population with cheap easy guns facilitating mass shootouts almost everyday :thumbsup:

Heck - do we even know if this was the biggest one this week - well it is only Friday - we have tomorrow.....these lame ISIS dudes are going to have to do better to get our attention!!!!

Edited by baskin

I'd just like to throw this out there one more time. Please forgive the redundancy, which is actually a funny thing to say, considering the venue...

Does anyone here see a fundamental difference between this attack and the Planned Parenthood attack?

You mean besides the apparent military training given to the culprits by an organization to whom they swore allegiance which has a stated goal of attacking the USA? Or besides the affiliated network of like minded people working toward doing more of the same? Or besides the "half dozen middle eastern men" that visited them which seems now that it was in an attempt to help equip them for the attack? Or besides the lack of information that has come out about the perpetrator of the Planned Parenthood attack other than the crazy picture that looked like Hillary or some early reports of how he was a complete loner compared to apparent bottomless pit of information being dug up on the SB shooters?

I am probably missing some stuff. Oh yeah, the PP shooter had hair but it looked to me that he might be starting to lose it.

Nice deception with the title....Lynch is not even mentioned or quoted on the story.....but hey...who checks this stuff....

Anyhoo - The US has completely outsmarted the terrorists - much like Vizzini with Iocane...we here in 'Merica have been desensitizing ourselves with mass shootings by flooding the population with cheap easy guns facilitating mass shootouts almost everyday :thumbsup:

Heck - do we even know if this was the biggest one this week - well it is only Friday - we have tomorrow.....these lame ISIS dudes are going to have to do better to get our attention!!!!

Oh, it's not a deception. Lynch said just this morning or late yesterday that she really didn't know the motives of these people. It was either in this thread or another on the board.

But don't worry, she has a laser focus on evil doers

Edited by 4merper4mer

You mean besides the apparent military training given to the culprits by an organization to whom they swore allegiance which has a stated goal of attacking the USA? Or besides the affiliated network of like minded people working toward doing more of the same? Or besides the "half dozen middle eastern men" that visited them which seems now that it was in an attempt to help equip them for the attack? Or besides the lack of information that has come out about the perpetrator of the Planned Parenthood attack other than the crazy picture that looked like Hillary or some early reports of how he was a complete loner compared to apparent bottomless pit of information being dug up on the SB shooters?

I am probably missing some stuff. Oh yeah, the PP shooter had hair but it looked to me that he might be starting to lose it.

Oh, it's not a deception. Lynch said just this morning that she really didn't know the motives of these people.

Not in that article Ace

Look it up Thurman.

I'm talking about the motives behind the attacks (but you know that).

What you say is true, but there are certainly examples of Christian organizations who are/have been devoted to violence against doctors/abortion clinics. Islamic terrorism is certainly a much larger problem today.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

I'm talking about the motives behind the attacks (but you know that).

What you say is true, but there are certainly examples of organizations who are/have been devoted to violence against doctors/abortion clinics. Islamic terrorism is certainly a much larger problem today.

You replied to my reply to the ice cream guy. Did you mean to reply to my reply to your reply?

In case you did I would say the difference is that lunatic PP shooters motives are all rumors at this point but I'll go with your obvious implication that he was doing it because of religion.

Of course ISIS and their supporters envision and articulate a world domination ruled with an iron fist that kills anyone who does not follow their exact interpretation of their own religion. I'm not sure PP guy thought it all the way through that far. You might know more about it though.

BTW, it isn't too hard to see that your solution to all of this is to call everyone who believes in God stupid, hope they listen to you and realize how smart you are, hold hands, skip down the yellow brick road and live in the Emerald City. If I am to be honest here, it really doesn't make you look all that smart.

Edited by 4merper4mer

The following appeared in The River War, a work by Winston Churchill, when it was first published as a two-volume set in 1899:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

The following appeared in The River War, a work by Winston Churchill, when it was first published as a two-volume set in 1899:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Good idea. Quote Victorian England writings on the Madhist War in colonial Africa. That's completely applicable to today's problems. :wacko:

Good idea. Quote Victorian England writings on the Madhist War in colonial Africa. That's completely applicable to today's problems. :wacko:

Considering it was a root of a lot of issues that are still felt today, maybe it's kind of applicable :)

You replied to my reply to the ice cream guy. Did you mean to reply to my reply to your reply?

In case you did I would say the difference is that lunatic PP shooters motives are all rumors at this point but I'll go with your obvious implication that he was doing it because of religion.

Of course ISIS and their supporters envision and articulate a world domination ruled with an iron fist that kills anyone who does not follow their exact interpretation of their own religion. I'm not sure PP guy thought it all the way through that far. You might know more about it though.

BTW, it isn't too hard to see that your solution to all of this is to call everyone who believes in God stupid, hope they listen to you and realize how smart you are, hold hands, skip down the yellow brick road and live in the Emerald City. If I am to be honest here, it really doesn't make you look all that smart.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy reading your posts. The funny ones always put a smile on my face. That said, the awkward mix of humor and indignant outrage doesn't really work for you. Just my opinion.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy reading your posts. The funny ones always put a smile on my face. That said, the awkward mix of humor and indignant outrage doesn't really work for you. Just my opinion.

Sorry to call you out a little on your glass questioning that you thought was provocative and translucent. The first 100 times you asked it in every thread you've ever been in it was sort of thought provoking. I'm not outraged by it at all though. Keep it up and by all means try to make it more mysterious. Did I or did I not offer you the opportunity of a GvG to get questions you might have answered? Offer still stands.

Anyway I'd like to point out that your dream of a Utopia which doesn't include the big man has danger in front of it and behind it. The middle part is pretty good though.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Sorry to call you out a little on your glass questioning that you thought was provocative and translucent. The first 100 times you asked it in every thread you've ever been in it was sort of thought provoking. I'm not outraged by it at all though. Keep it up and by all means try to make it more mysterious. Did I or did I not offer you the opportunity of a GvG to get questions you might have answered? Offer still stands.

Anyway I'd like to point out that your dream of a Utopia which doesn't include the big man has danger in front of it and behind it. The middle part is pretty good though.

My point isn't that all religion is stupid (it is, but that's me). I've long since given up on trying to convince people here to see the light, so to speak. The point of my question (obviously, transparently) was to try to illustrate the hypocrisy of those who readily criticize Islamic terrorism, while either justifying or spinning the same type of action when it is perpetrated by a Christian terrorist. I was genuinely interested in seeing replies. I'm not at all surprised by the lack of response, but I think that posing the question will at least make some people think. As it turns out, you're the only one who cared to try, so props for that I guess. I've no desire or intention of getting into a battle with you about it or engage in insults or anything like that, but feel free to continue.

My point isn't that all religion is stupid (it is, but that's me). I've long since given up on trying to convince people here to see the light, so to speak. The point of my question (obviously, transparently) was to try to illustrate the hypocrisy of those who readily criticize Islamic terrorism, while either justifying or spinning the same type of action when it is perpetrated by a Christian terrorist. I was genuinely interested in seeing replies. I'm not at all surprised by the lack of response, but I think that posing the question will at least make some people think. As it turns out, you're the only one who cared to try, so props for that I guess. I've no desire or intention of getting into a battle with you about it or engage in insults or anything like that, but feel free to continue.

It's not religion thats problem...people can be corrupted by or corrupt many things...religion is just a subset of those things. For example enthnicity, political domain, material gain (probably the biggest reason), supporting "allies", etc.. are common motivations not related to religion. You really think if religion didn't exist, fanaticism and terror would go away?

Well, maybe if you didn't pre-spin the question you wouldn't have to worry about people spinning the answers. The SB and PP incidents are certainly similar in terms of when the occurred but no real motivation has been established for PP. It may very well be based in a warped sense of Christianity I've seen nothing beyond speculation to that end. Another tiny tidbit is that merely looking at the dude who did that, you can tell he is a few pins short of a strike, or even a spare. He is the 7-10 split of terrorists if that is what you're calling him. Even with all of that factored in, he still gave himself up.....waaaaaaay to late, but he did do that. The SB people had a whole different set of circumstances and there have been many facts shown that point to their motive.

I'm sure if you look real hard you can come up with a Christian terrorist somewhere that somehow resembles the SB incident. Give it a shot. John Kerry called the Charlie Hebdo slaughter justified....well not justified just rational. Maybe instead of finding something like SB you can find one of those like the sniper who took out the abortion doctor a few years back. That was a pretty crappy thing to do. Even so, he didn't appear to be doing it in an support of a fairly organized group bent on worldwide domination.

I will grant you that throughout history there have been religious and non-religious zealots that sought to justify violence. An example of this is a famous quote below. I think you are familiar with its author.

If these hands, used to fighting, would be acceptable to His Holiness, we most thankfully dedicate them to the service of him who deserves so well of the Church and of the fatherland.