Hostage Situation at Planned Parenthood in Colorado

Tiberius

Identity of the male shooter has been confirmed...

this was as spontaneous as the benghazi youtube protest

Just for clarity, I'm not making any conclusions, only reporting what I'm hearing from local news sources. It could well be something other than an employee with a grudge -- that's just the story being floated (and has been at the forefront since the beginning).

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that the "spontaneous" part is completely wacky and I don't buy it. But it's speculative. The LA Times has been saying from the beginning that it wasn't spontaneous, but the guy came to the party to make sure someone specific was present, and then was confronted by someone else.

(for clarification, that's all unconfirmed of course. They cite a "federal source").

It's all speculative right now Reports are always !@#$ed up the first day.

I was actually present at the start of the "A helicopter was shot down over the Potomac" report on 9/11. Was standing next to the woman who thought she saw it explode in mid-air (it flew behind the cloud of smoke from the Pentagon). Ten minutes later, I heard it on the news. After that, I never trust first reports or witness testimony.

It's all speculative right now Reports are always !@#$ed up the first day.

I was actually present at the start of the "A helicopter was shot down over the Potomac" report on 9/11. Was standing next to the woman who thought she saw it explode in mid-air (it flew behind the cloud of smoke from the Pentagon). Ten minutes later, I heard it on the news. After that, I never trust first reports or witness testimony.

100%

Sounds like terrorism to me, but the target is pretty strange. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely happy there wasn't more victims, but if this were ISIS wouldn't they want to hit a larger target?

Sounds like terrorism to me, but the target is pretty strange. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely happy there wasn't more victims, but if this were ISIS wouldn't they want to hit a larger target?

One report said it was one guy in particular they were after. So maybe that explains the setting.

Syed Farook was a sanitation worker with that department, apparently.

This story is just weird. Were they planning an attack, and the planning got moved up because the holiday party pissed him off?

If the implication is they attacked due to celebrating xmas, makes no sense. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and celebrate his birth too

I think I'll just turn the feeds off on this for now, since it's no longer active. Details will sort themselves out. Glad they're dead/caught, definitely could have been a worse situation (and obviously could have also never happened, but that's the world we live in these days).

Yes, but the reports so far have been claiming it was a spontaneous act (as most workplace violence is to a large degree.)

And it's very rare for someone to join in someone else's revenge fantasies. That's just bizarre.

This guy needs less yes men in his life.

If the implication is they attacked due to celebrating xmas, makes no sense. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and celebrate his birth too

Will you shut the !@#$ up already?

If this was ISIS they wouldn't have an exit strategy.

They don't exactly seem too hung up on following the actual "word of god". They usually just like to hold the book in their hand for pictures.

* Note: this is not based on actual statistics, just what the media tells me *

Yeah, this really makes no sense, even with the added details. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of political or religious motivation, it definitely comes off as mental break/workplace violence. But then on the other hand, you look at the fact that he went to Saudi Arabia, brought back the woman (at least that's what it sounds like), obtained weapons for... something.

Maybe they were planning something else, and plans got changed by something that happened at his workplace? The target doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a 'terrorism' standpoint. So I have to wonder if they had another target in mind originally.

Absolutely tragic no matter what the motivation is. As much as we live in a pretty great country, we have some serious problems to deal with.

Yeah, this really makes no sense, even with the added details. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of political or religious motivation, it definitely comes off as mental break/workplace violence. But then on the other hand, you look at the fact that he went to Saudi Arabia, brought back the woman (at least that's what it sounds like), obtained weapons for... something.

Maybe they were planning something else, and plans got changed by something that happened at his workplace? The target doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a 'terrorism' standpoint. So I have to wonder if they had another target in mind originally.

Absolutely tragic no matter what the motivation is. As much as we live in a pretty great country, we have some serious problems to deal with.

Perhaps they held extremist views and felt an individual/s in the department had insulted the prophet. That could explain the otherwise illogical target. How else could he have enlisted his wife? Makes no sense if it was a classic disgruntled employee.

Edited by JTSP

First off all the facts aren't out yet and some may turn out to not even be true....trip to SA, etc. I also heard that there were several IEDs at the home and people would be coming and going all hours of the night working in his garage.....maybe none of this turns out to be true at all.

That said, if these things do turn out to be true, your the two sentences I bolded from your post....how can they possibly make any sense? I get that people can have differing opinions on just about anything but when it gets to the point of purposely ignoring reality, it baffles me. Why do that?

First off all the facts aren't out yet and some may turn out to not even be true....trip to SA, etc. I also heard that there were several IEDs at the home and people would be coming and going all hours of the night working in his garage.....maybe none of this turns out to be true at all.

That said, if these things do turn out to be true, your the two sentences I bolded from your post....how can they possibly make any sense? I get that people can have differing opinions on just about anything but when it gets to the point of purposely ignoring reality, it baffles me. Why do that?

The target doesn't seem to fit the targets of classic islamic terrorism, hence why I said it doesn't appear to be political or religious in motivation. The target generally fits the disgruntled office employee situation more. And (at least so far) there doesn't seem to be any message or extremist affiliation, or history of extremism.

The prep work, religious affiliation, and travel history, though, fit islamic terrorism, and not disgruntled employee.

That's why it comes off as so weird to me, it's like a mix of both, and neither at the same time.

Either way, the couple in question are !@#$s, and I'm glad they're dead.