Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm thinking the Johnny Manziel era is starting exactly at the right time, as he brings a little late season magic to that team.

Our path to the playoffs is still quite easy, even if it is unlikely. If nothing else, a loss by Pittsburgh to the Broncos next weeks keeps us one game and an exciting week 17 away from the playoffs.

Pittsburgh loses to Denver week 15

Bills win week 15 and 16

Jets lose to Patriots (as they should)

If these three scenarios happen, we are playing Jets week 17 with playoffs on the line, rooting for Johnny to upset the Steelers, and we're in!

Enough false hope already. This team won't be in the playoffs and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Rex has run this team into the ground.

No sweati...I thought that was a bit out of character for you.

Yes. That was cold...even for a fridge.

As for the playoffs, I'm still hoping... but we do need Pitt to fall on their collective faces and the Jets to find another loss besides the Bills. The path is dark but not impossible. The Mularkey Bills that got crushed by Pittsburgh should have never had a shot at the playoffs (in the last game). The odds were very, very long but all the stars lined up over the last few weeks. Too bad the Bills blew it.

I went and set the criteria to win %age (I feel it's the most accurate)...

Assuming the Bills win out (I know, I know), here's what we need:

Denver over Pittsburgh in Week 15

Pittsburgh to lose one of their two final road games (at Baltimore in Week 16 or at Cleveland in Week 17).

So basically PIttsburgh-Denver is the big game other than Buffalo-Washington this week.

The playoff machine seems wrong. How do we beat Steelers in common games in that scenario? They are 2-3

and we are 1-4 (NE, CIN, IND, KC)....

Never mind, looks like we would have a better conference record there. Answered my own question....

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

Yes. That was cold...even for a fridge.

As for the playoffs, I'm still hoping... but we do need Pitt to fall on their collective faces and the Jets to find another loss besides the Bills. The path is dark but not impossible. The Mularkey Bills that got crushed by Pittsburgh should have never had a shot at the playoffs (in the last game). The odds were very, very long but all the stars lined up over the last few weeks. Too bad the Bills blew it.

If you believe in the NFL fix theory, the stars will align so that Week 17 Bills Jets means something and the game will get flexed. So many storylines for the NFL in that scenario.

The lack of hope comes from the loss, but this is no different of a scenario than if the Steelers would have beaten the Bengals. We would not have gotten in even if we won out, because the Steelers would have the tiebreakers.

Once the Bengals lost, the only possible path for us to make the playoffs was for Pittsburgh to go 9-7. At that point we could lose 1 NFC game and it doesn't matter. It sucks that it was the Eagles game, but that's that.