Chicago bracing for riots & protests

tomato can

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough for the protesters.

Prosecutor ought to come out and say "In light of the massive wave of disagreement and protests in response to the officer's murder indictment, we have decided not to prosecute..." Just to !@#$ with the protesters.

So, nothing to see here? Move along? Are you kidding me?

How about the fact that the officer is just now getting charged? It was 13 months ago that he basically assassinated that kid with 16 bullets. He was still working as a police officer for a year after clearly committing murder. If that video of the shooting was of Citizen 1 shooting Citizen 2 or a police officer, that shooter would have been arrested immediately. It appears charges only came after a judge ordered the shooting video released to the public. Why?

There are bad apples in every profession, including police officers. One systemic problem is that the vast majority of officers do not act to remove the bad apples. They are reluctant to turn in bad officers and cover for each other, typically. With the explosion of video, many are now paying a price for protecting the bad apples. They are all getting painted with the same brush.

Another issue is the apparent policy to, once you start shooting, to keep shooting until the clip is empty. That is fine policy for war, but it is wrong for police, especially when dealing with unarmed 'criminals'. I know this Chicago kid had a knife, but still, any threat from that knife disappeared long before the officer stopped shooting.

How about the fact that the officer is just now getting charged? It was 13 months ago that he basically assassinated that kid with 16 bullets. He was still working as a police officer for a year after clearly committing murder. If that video of the shooting was of Citizen 1 shooting Citizen 2 or a police officer, that shooter would have been arrested immediately. It appears charges only came after a judge ordered the shooting video released to the public. Why?

There are bad apples in every profession, including police officers. One systemic problem is that the vast majority of officers do not act to remove the bad apples. They are reluctant to turn in bad officers and cover for each other, typically. With the explosion of video, many are now paying a price for protecting the bad apples. They are all getting painted with the same brush.

Another issue is the apparent policy to, once you start shooting, to keep shooting until the clip is empty. That is fine policy for war, but it is wrong for police, especially when dealing with unarmed 'criminals'. I know this Chicago kid had a knife, but still, any threat from that knife disappeared long before the officer stopped shooting.

Stick to your pot thread, moron.

Unions. Hooray, unions!

The real scandal here is Rahm Emmanuel sat on releasing the tape until now. His reelection was at stake and there's no way in hell he would have won if that tape came out before the election. He's a piece of **** of the first order. His henchmen/women are as well. Chicago is a cesspool of corruption.

The real scandal here is Rahm Emmanuel sat on releasing the tape until now. His reelection was at stake and there's no way in hell he would have won if that tape came out before the election. He's a piece of **** of the first order. His henchmen/women are as well. Chicago is a cesspool of corruption.

That is bad. Bush did that sort of stuff

link?

And don't say Bush waited until 2005 to let the Yakuza use Cheney's weather machine to unleash Hurricane Katrina as revenge for Hiroshima

Link? You forget what Bush did after the election? I'm not saying. If you can't remember or chose to forget that's your problem.

Hey lookie here. A Bush bad post in a thread about corruption in Chicago. What's your point?

It's about politicians, I thought you hated politicians. Is that all expect Republican ones? You bone head

It's such common knowledge and was done out in the open I shouldn't have to. But I'll give you a hint...

Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania and blue collar workers

I left PA in 2000 but kept in touch with some blue collar 99%'ers from my youth. Whatever you're alluding to must only be common knowledge among shills whose opinion is formed by the daily truth of talking point email lists