Chicago bracing for riots & protests

tomato can

Hmmm, maybe there is something there to protest about.

You folks that don't think so....let me ask you. If the police killed your family member, would you think it OK that they refused to release the police video of the incident?

HELL, yes! I'd want it used as criminal evidence at trial, not released as a PR move. :wallbash:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trial? There is only a trial if there are charges.

That was the problem in this shooting. It appears that the officer was not going to be charged at all until the court forced the police department to release the video to the public. So, 13 months after the incident and 1 day before the release of the video, charges were finally brought against the officer.

It sure looks like an attempted cover up of the police shooting. If the video does not get released, would the officer have ever gotten charged?

That was the problem in this shooting. It appears that the officer was not going to be charged at all until the court forced the police department to release the video to the public. So, 13 months after the incident and 1 day before the release of the video, charges were finally brought against the officer.

It sure looks like an attempted cover up of the police shooting. If the video does not get released, would the officer have ever gotten charged?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You believe in mob justice, like most stoners. I knew I was wasting my time trying to have a serious discussion with a pothead.

The timing of the release of the video and charges are fishy for sure. There should be little doubt that it was delayed until well after the election for political reasons. Chicago Mayors stay in power forever because they control the message and the money. They police themselves. They run for re-election nearly unchallenged. No Republican even ran for the office this last go around and the Democrat challengers were complete idiots. Chicago voters are political idiots. What few Republican voters there are in the city don't show up at the polls for mayoral elections and they are so outnumbered it doesn't really matter. It's literally a one-party system, so Rahm will be mayor until he doesn't want to be mayor any longer, just like Daley before him and others. In his defense he's cleaned up some of the messes left by Daley, but anything that can harm him politically will be buried and there won't be much tide against him.

Edited by keepthefaith

The timing of the release of the video and charges are fishy for sure. There should be little doubt that it was delayed until well after the election for political reasons. Chicago Mayors stay in power forever because they control the message and the money. They police themselves. They run for re-election nearly unchallenged. No Republican even ran for the office this last go around and the Democrat challengers were complete idiots. Chicago voters are political idiots. What few Republican voters there are in the city don't show up at the polls for mayoral elections and they are so outnumbered it doesn't really matter. It's literally a one-party system, so Rahm will be mayor until he doesn't want to be mayor any longer, just like Daley before him and others. In his defense he's cleaned up some of the messes left by Daley, but anything that can harm him politically will be buried and there won't be much tide against him.

So are you saying that the Mayor kept the video from being released? Is that the fact or is that your speculation? I have now heard from various sources that it was the Police Superintendent, Mayor Rahm, the police union, and even some federal office. I suppose the responsible party will claim that they didn't want to inflame the public.

It seems that there may be more job losses to come once the whole story behind the withholding in this case becomes clear, Also, if the system in place allowed this incident to be swept under the rug, there are likely several other old cases that will now be investigated further, probably by the feds

So are you saying that the Mayor kept the video from being released? Is that the fact or is that your speculation? I have now heard from various sources that it was the Police Superintendent, Mayor Rahm, the police union, and even some federal office. I suppose the responsible party will claim that they didn't want to inflame the public.

It seems that there may be more job losses to come once the whole story behind the withholding in this case becomes clear, Also, if the system in place allowed this incident to be swept under the rug, there are likely several other old cases that will now be investigated further, probably by the feds

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I needed that. What a good laugh. I'm nearly in tears.

At the very least I am saying this....

The mayor was aware of the incident

The mayor was aware that there was a video and what it showed

The mayor was aware that a request was made to release the video

The mayor was aware that the video was not released until the last legal moment required

The mayor did not order it released any earlier

The mayor and law enforcement benefitted from the video not being released sooner

you think Obama administration nominated department of justice officials are going to go after the city of Chicago?

At the most the Chicago police will be investigated for civil right violations and changes will be made. Rahm and the prosecutor will get political cover for sure in the process.

CNN Law Enforcement Analyst Harry Houck has a simple two-step plan for reform: Chicago Should Impeach Rahm Emanuel, Elect GOP Mayor. And not just Chicago — as Kevin noted in a previous article, “There is no city in the United States larger than San Diego with a Republican mayor,” something that must change, if only to save the cities from these crime and corruption-ridden municipalities’ worst parasitic instincts.

democrat_urban_monopolies_11-30-15.png

Beyond the individual cities themselves, there’s another implication for “Rahm Emanuel’s Disaster for Dems,” Noah Rothman posits at Commentary. “A smart Republican office seeker could make hay of this moment and drive a wedge in between Democrats and their most loyal voters. For a politician auditioning to serve as the president of all Americans, this would be a smart course of action. It would also be a politically beneficial one.”

Is there anyone in the Stupid Party smart enough to step up?

CNN Law Enforcement Analyst Harry Houck has a simple two-step plan for reform: Chicago Should Impeach Rahm Emanuel, Elect GOP Mayor. And not just Chicago — as Kevin noted in a previous article, “There is no city in the United States larger than San Diego with a Republican mayor,” something that must change, if only to save the cities from these crime and corruption-ridden municipalities’ worst parasitic instincts.

democrat_urban_monopolies_11-30-15.png

Beyond the individual cities themselves, there’s another implication for “Rahm Emanuel’s Disaster for Dems,” Noah Rothman posits at Commentary. “A smart Republican office seeker could make hay of this moment and drive a wedge in between Democrats and their most loyal voters. For a politician auditioning to serve as the president of all Americans, this would be a smart course of action. It would also be a politically beneficial one.”

Is there anyone in the Stupid Party smart enough to step up?

There are no political parties in Chicago. At least not technically. So, technically, your poorly made infographic is wrong.

There are no political parties in Chicago. At least not technically. So, technically, your poorly made infographic is wrong.

You've been away for so long and this is the post you come back with? One would hope that your hiatus had sharpened your thought process, but obviously you're still a dumbass.