Can we write the NFL a preemptive letter....

Estelle Getty

Regarding officiating this Monday night? With good reason (the bias treatment the pats have recieved by the refs since kraft bought the team). I would like league officials to at least keep an extra close eye on what is sure to be an insane amount of bogus calls and non calls in the pats favor to make sure they stay undefeated.

It is a sad state of affairs in the NFL when it is hard to even get excited for a game since you know the injustice the refs are about to dole out when playing the pats (it seems many fans regardless of their team feel this way when playing the pats). However what most fans don't seem to realize is how the refs usually decide the games in the pats favor in the second and third quarters. For example When a stop on 3rd and 7 in the 3rd quarter turns into a touchdown drive for the pats due to a phantom hands to the face call, that is a swing that is very hard to recover from. The refs do their best to offset this by throwing a meaningless defensive holding call against the pats on a first and ten from your own 25.

In closing i don't think anything can be done regarding this Monday night but at some point all NFL fans need to come together to let the NFL know the integrity of the game is being greatly compromised and we are aware of it. Perhaps this is why the NFL has the same protection as the WWE in the fact it is protected under the same entertainment laws. That cannot be said for any other major sport.

Edited by Estelle Getty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't agree more. Make no mistake, we WILL get screwed on calls at key moments in their house:

1. To keep a drive alive

2. To negate a Bills score

3. if the game is close in 4th quarter, the Pats will draw a phantom PI by flopping/acting/complaining. Crowd feeds into it and out comes the flag

Of course the refs will call penalties on Pats during 1st and 2nd down during non impactful times to make it seem fair

Forget that we have the more talented team. This game is over before it starts

Kraft has got to have something going with these guys on the side

Also, guarantee the Bills headset communication goes out during crucial times of the game

Couldn't agree more. Make no mistake, we WILL get screwed on calls at key moments in their house:

1. To keep a drive alive

2. To negate a Bills score

3. if the game is close in 4th quarter, the Pats will draw a phantom PI by flopping/acting/complaining. Crowd feeds into it and out comes the flag

Of course the refs will call penalties on Pats during 1st and 2nd down during non impactful times to make it seem fair

Forget that we have the more talented team. This game is over before it starts

Kraft has got to have something going with these guys on the side

Also, guarantee the Bills headset communication goes out during crucial times of the game

...don't forget that on some of those Pats* penalties, there will be late panalty calls on the Bills so that penalties are off setting.

There will also be a call, against the Bills that whilst technically there, hasn't been used since maybe 1950 or so...

We seem to see it every year in at least one of our games (last year's Jerry Hughes headslap on a key third down stop comes most recently to mind), but what needs to happen is for other teams to see it in their games, too. Giants fans got a bit of a taste last weekend with that extremely bizarre hands to the face simultaneous call/non-call that kept a drive alive, but in order for there to be more of a call for something to change (or possibly even an investigation of some kind) there needs to be more than Bills fans who see it.

Who knows, maybe we'll get helped out here and get Walt Coleman this week.....

Edited by MattM

Unfortunately, it is a waste of effort. The NFL owners have studied the WWF playbook carefully and are cautiously and gradually turning the NFL into a football version of the WWF. They just are not being as honest about it as the WWF was about wrestling.

The refs are one of the major tools they can use to achieve their goals. They are maximizing their profits by manipulating the "product". Good for business, but sad news for the lovers of the "sport" of football who are not the lovers of the "theater" of football.

They are counting on the stupidity and the willingness of the football fans to consciously and not so consciously turn a blind eye to reality and their ability to live in a fantasy world created by the NFL to entertain them.

It's ALL about the money!

Edited by simpleman

I'm sorry but this sounds like the typical Loser's Lament when someone else wins a lot.

I don't believe there's any institutional bias that favors the Pats.

I do think that occasionally some refs might give a questionable call to a certain coach or player due to respect, complaint-fatigue, or whatever. That's just human nature.

What would writing the NFL a letter accomplish? There are complaints about officiating every week. They already know they've got to find ways to make it better. I don't think there's anything we can do to escalate the NFL's awareness of fan concerns. They're already highly aware.

Remember, owners are getting screwed by bad officiating as much as fans. And the NFL is its owners.

I'm sorry but this sounds like the typical Loser's Lament when someone else wins a lot.

I don't believe there's any institutional bias that favors the Pats.

You obviously havent been paying attention over the last 15 years.

The Tuck Rule. The destruction of Spygate evidence. Brady getting to call his own Roughing the Passer penalties. The no leg tackling the QB rule. The NFL Commish admitting to giving them a harsh penalty because he let them get away with so much previously.

Those are just a few examples of the NFL Front Office openly favoring the Pats. And we havent even gotten into all of the incorrect calls that go their way in games.

This isnt a conspiracy theory. This is straight-up observable and recorded fact.

Yeh I mean getting a personal foul like Hughes did fo slapping your own players head. Does it get any more blatant than that? Again a call that happened early in the game but was a huge swing the Bills could never recover from.

I also noticed the refs will wait for a play to develop before throwing the flag for say an easy offsides call on the pats defense. If it is a run that looks like it is going nowhere they will throw the flag. If the QB drops back and looks like he is in trouble they will somehow miss a blatant offsides penalty in hopes the pats D makes a big play.

It is hard to see my Bills brothers who think "were gonna do it this time" not remember what happens every time we play the pats. The sad part is on a neutral field with refs who weren't working for bobby kraft we beat this team quite handily due to all the pats injuries and just being a more talented and complete team right now.

Eventually something will give and the REFS will be investigated. And besides the pats situation you can't een get excited if you are any other team and you see a great play in any game Because they are called back so often it is sickening. The REFS decide the game, not the players. I can say with great certainty the REFS have an interest in the over/under in games much like the A few REFS who got caught did in the NBA.

Edited by Estelle Getty

I usually wouldn't entertain something like this, but sadly you're right. There will be some horrendous calls. And that's crazy that we can sit here as fans on Wednesday and know that a pivotal call will be made against us at an inopportune time and that call with either be a. phantom b. marginal or c. being done by the Pats as well and not called on them or d. a non-call on the Pats that is blatant. It's really demoralizing.

Apparently pick plays aren't against the rules when it comes to the Pats. Their whole offense is predicated on them and they very rarely get called

And God forbid any of our defensive players touch Tom. 15 yards if we even breathe heavy on him

In fact, they just threw a flag for a personal foul on Hughes just so we can get it out of the way

Apparently pick plays aren't against the rules when it comes to the Pats. Their whole offense is predicated on them and they very rarely get called

And God forbid any of our defensive players touch Tom. 15 yards if we even breathe heavy on him

In fact, they just threw a flag for a personal foul on Hughes just so we can get it out of the way

They're basically working off the same philosophy as the 2013(?) Seahawks who had DBs who were extremely aggressive with their hands. Sometimes they would get called on illegal hands/DPI/holding, but they knew the refs were not going to throw a flag every down.

There are very few good or great movies without a good or great bad guy. The Pats are the bad guy and the league loves them. It keeps much more intrigue and interest in the league as a whole.

So you think it is ok that the league hands them games? I don't know, I remember the NFL being pretty intriguing before kraft bought the pats.

So you think it is ok that the league hands them games? I don't know, I remember the NFL being pretty intriguing before kraft bought the pats.

I don't think it's a good idea, no. But they do, and they are hugely successful, and fans in all cities talk a lot about the Patriots. And it is good business to have a bad guy.

Well for my part ill send an email to someone in the league offices to atleast make them aware that people know whats going on. I suggest others do the same.

I think you would be amazed what we as humans would try to get away with if we thought no one was going to do anything about it. If we are investing our hearts and souls into something that is pre determined we have the right to know about it!