Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

On 6/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, B-Man said:

Democrats want the campaign issue.....................not any solutions.

Starving children or votes

the 'choice' is easy for liberals

While the chattering lefty lemmings on our board still want to blame President Trump

I guess that I was right.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejects bipartisan border funding plan that passed Senate 84-8

• Like (+1) 1

Link to article

</snip>

“I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” said Thomas Homan, who was Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for nearly four years.

At an immigration conference today, Homan, under consideration for a new position of “border czar” in the Trump administration, grew visibly angry answering a question about “cages” often cited by Democratic critics of the president.

Homan, who ran Obama's successful deportation operation, ripped Democrats who question Trump immigration officials on the Obama-era idea.

</snip>

Homan, at the conference hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies, said, “I would answer the question, ‘The kids are being house in the same facility built under the Obama administration.’ If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

</snip>

He said that there are no cages but chain-link fencing that separates kids from adults, done for safety. “It’s chain link dividers that keeps children separate from unrelated adults. It’s about protecting children,” he said.

What’s more, he said that it is only a holding facility until another agency that is part of Health and Human Services can collect them. But, he said, Congress hasn’t adequately funded HHS.

And he said that the humanitarian aid bill working through Congress would help, but he said the House version amounts to “extortion” because it cuts funding for enforcement.

</snip>

Anyone see that spokeshole  Richard Fowler on Kennedy last night? He made the all time Freudian slip when he blamed Trumps policies for the rush at the Border. He let slip that illegals are trying to get in before the wall goes up. Now wait a minute! We’ve all been told that they’re seeking asylum from THEIR country....not asylum to OUR country. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone see that spokeshole  Richard Fowler on Kennedy last night? He made the all time Freudian slip when he blamed Trumps policies for the rush at the Border. He let slip that illegals are trying to get in before the wall goes up. Now wait a minute! We’ve all been told that they’re seeking asylum from THEIR country....not asylum to OUR country. 

So, a wall does work? Interesting.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, she was backed into a corner and owned it once the Senate overwhelmingly passed their version. 

I'm an hour behind:

And, we can only hope! (Makes me wonder what is in it for Schumer's "friends")

House sends Trump $4.6B border bill, yielding to Senate

The Democratic-controlled House voted Thursday to send President Donald Trump a bipartisan, Senate-drafted, $4.6 billion measure to care for migrant refugees detained at the southern border, capping a Washington skirmish in which die-hard liberals came out on the losing end in a battle with the White House, the GOP-held Senate and Democratic moderates.

The emergency legislation, required to ease overcrowded, often harsh conditions at U.S. holding facilities for migrants seeking asylum, mostly from Central American nations like Honduras and El Salvador, passed by a bipartisan 305-102 vote. Trump has indicated he'll sign it into law.

"A great job done by all!" Trump tweeted from his overseas trip.

</snip>

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

House sends Trump $4.6B border bill, yielding to Senate

The Democratic-controlled House voted Thursday to send President Donald Trump a bipartisan, Senate-drafted, $4.6 billion measure to care for migrant refugees detained at the southern border, capping a Washington skirmish in which die-hard liberals came out on the losing end in a battle with the White House, the GOP-held Senate and Democratic moderates.

The emergency legislation, required to ease overcrowded, often harsh conditions at U.S. holding facilities for migrants seeking asylum, mostly from Central American nations like Honduras and El Salvador, passed by a bipartisan 305-102 vote. Trump has indicated he'll sign it into law.

"A great job done by all!" Trump tweeted from his overseas trip.

</snip>

Nasty Nancy looked at the public reaction to her crap, and realized she (and, by extension, the Democrats) was about to own the "manufactured" crisis.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Nasty Nancy looked at the public reaction to her crap, and realized she (and, by extension, the Democrats) was about to own the "manufactured" crisis.

Yup. She broke it, she owned it. This was better for her.