Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

(Mexican) Authorities investigate reports of migrants trying to buy children to enter the U.S.

</snip>

“I can’t go to work because I can’t take my eyes off my boys,” said Antonia Portillo Cruz, a 44-year-old migrant from Honduras, who said the men have been targeting the shelter where she stays. She said she witnessed some of the men asking women in the shelter about purchasing their children, but none of them made the offer directly to her.

Portillo said the groups of men have been approaching the Iglesia Embajadores de Jesus shelter in Tijuana and offering about 7,000 pesos, or $350, to purchase a child to cross into the United States.

She said she fears the requests and the offers of money will turn into demands or kidnappings. Portillo said she never lets her two boys, aged 10 and 8, out of her sight.

“They want to rob our kids so they can cross into the United States,” she said angrily.

A spokesman for the Tijuana municipal police confirmed the reports and said federal authorities are investigating. The case was first reported by Tijuana journalists Yolanda Morales and Yuriria Sierra for Imagen TV.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

DACA case comes up in November:

Bloomberg Law article

My objection to DACA is strictly procedural: it should never have been created based on a memo from Janet Napolitano, and should not be an application for Temporary Protected Status from the US government granted by the US government.

I wish Congress had the great good sense to pass DACA into law before SCOTUS hears the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My objection to DACA is strictly procedural: it should never have been created based on a memo from Janet Napolitano, and should not be an application for Temporary Protected Status from the US government granted by the US government.

I wish Congress had the great good sense to pass DACA into law before SCOTUS hears the case. 

You are actually asking the Democrats to vote for DACA and against one of their issues?

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are actually asking the Democrats to vote for DACA and against one of their issues?

No, I'm wishing they were adults, and understood that DACA as it stands conveys no rights or protections, and would actually work to provide those protections.

But I know they're not adults, they're children who think their job is activism, not legislation.  

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm wishing they were adults, and understood that DACA as it stands conveys no rights or protections, and would actually work to provide those protections.

But I know they're not adults, they're children who think their job is activism, not legislation.  

Those ***** want to blame the Republicans for our illegal immigration issues. If they were to be fixed, they won't have those issues anymore.

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Looks like no one reads the NYT either, including their staff:

"[A]fter inadequate background checks."

Yes, this would be the background check system that Trump said was inadequate during his Presidential campaign, which the NYT called a lie.

(BTW, it was inadequate, it isn't now.  I know, because I know the people who fixed it.)  

• Like (+1) 5

On 6/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

That's a lotta blow...

(They've been inspecting the ship for over 24 hours)

16.5 tons of cocaine worth $1 billion seized at Philadelphia port

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Federal authorities have seized approximately 16.5 tons of cocaine, with a street value of over $1 billion, at the Packer Marine Terminal in Philadelphia.

An official said the ship was headed from Chile to Europe when the drugs were found in Philadelphia after authorities received a tip Monday night. The cocaine was discovered inside eight containers from a cargo ship, sources tell Action News.

The ship's course started in Chile then stopped in Peru and the Bahamas before making its way to Philadelphia. The US Attorney's Office Eastern District of Pennsylvania says the ship was then headed to Europe with a stop in Rotterdam.

</snip>

Ummmm :blink: 

The MSC Gayane, which is owned by J.P. Morgan Asset Management and chartered to MSC, the world's second-biggest container ship operator by capacity, is "subject to possible forfeiture," U.S. Attorney William McSwain said in a statement. 

Built in 2018, the ship has capacity for around 10,000 containers and is worth about $90 million. It is anchored at the Delaware River near the Philadelphia port and is expected to stay there for an extended period, according to people involved in the matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The MSC Gayane, which is owned by J.P. Morgan Asset Management and chartered to MSC, the world's second-biggest container ship operator by capacity, is "subject to possible forfeiture," U.S. Attorney William McSwain said in a statement. 

Built in 2018, the ship has capacity for around 10,000 containers and is worth about $90 million. It is anchored at the Delaware River near the Philadelphia port and is expected to stay there for an extended period, according to people involved in the matter. 

All that blow on a JP Morgan vessel — and they made the bust on Tesla’s birthday. Considering Morgan and Tesla’s history, that seemed almost (almost) too poetic to be coincidence. 

The seizure of the company tho... maybe not. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well this weekend’s shot to hell. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I am scratching my head over this one. Apparently, Obama doesn't have an office so they can protest to him?  ?‍♀️

(thread)

News story:

Anti-deportation activists 'occupy' Biden campaign HQ in Philadelphia; 6 arrested

Six people were arrested at Joe Biden's campaign office in Philadelphia Wednesday after advocates for undocumented immigrants stormed the building in a bid to confront the Democratic frontrunner over the millions of deportations that took place during the Obama Administration when he was vice president.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump Adheres To
The Law On Immigration,
Shocking Lawless Democrats

Issues & Insights, by Peter J. Ferrara

Original Article

The plan to deport about one million illegal aliens announced by Acting United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Ken Cuccinelli is not a matter of discretion. Cuccinelli is just following the law, and already issued court orders. Those subject to deportation under the plan have already had their cases adjudicated in the United States, with immigration judges ruling they have lost their cases, and ordering them deported. Cuccinelli is just the first federal official, besides President Trump, brave enough to follow and implement the law. That is what President Trump pledged to do.

more at the link 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2