Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

Democrats in Congress---you wrote the laws that ICE is attempting to follow. Your main function is to write and vote on laws. If you don't want ICE to follow Your laws then I suggest You write new laws.

You legislative jellyfish need to grow a ***** backbone. Put your money where your mouths are. If you don't believe in a law then simply introduce legislation to change it. You won't though because you want to play both sides. You are trying to ride the fence as long as you can for the sole purpose of garnering votes. You hold back money from our border security/refugee camps to force the administration to release unvetted illegal aliens into our interior.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

The legality of DACA was the only thing that prevented a deal for the wall and comprehensive border reform. The dems were ready to deal because they were finally put in a corner that would have reflected poorly on them if they failed to make the deal. The ***** judge that ruled that Obama's DACA program couldn't be invalidated by Trump, gave the dems reasons to once again to have their issue back without the consequences of giving Trump a win.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Washington Examiner needs a few more pop-ups and ads to make it completely unusable.  <_<

Officials accuse DHS chief Kevin McAleenan of leaking ICE raids plan to sabotage operation

This week's big leak about a major Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation was orchestrated by acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan in an effort to sabotage the raids before they were scheduled to take place, according to three current and two former senior administration officials.

In a move he said was to placate Democrats, President Trump announced on Saturday that the nationwide immigration enforcement operation planned to start Sunday — aimed at migrant families who illegally remain in the country despite being denied asylum — was called off to give lawmakers two weeks to work on a plan to fix legal “loopholes” he said have enticed migrants to come to the U.S.

However, all five officials who spoke with the Washington Examiner confirmed McAleenan's decision to go rogue and stymie the operation was what prompted the White House to call off the 10-city operation.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think the Washington Examiner needs a few more pop-ups and ads to make it completely unusable.  <_<

Officials accuse DHS chief Kevin McAleenan of leaking ICE raids plan to sabotage operation

This week's big leak about a major Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation was orchestrated by acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan in an effort to sabotage the raids before they were scheduled to take place, according to three current and two former senior administration officials.

In a move he said was to placate Democrats, President Trump announced on Saturday that the nationwide immigration enforcement operation planned to start Sunday — aimed at migrant families who illegally remain in the country despite being denied asylum — was called off to give lawmakers two weeks to work on a plan to fix legal “loopholes” he said have enticed migrants to come to the U.S.

However, all five officials who spoke with the Washington Examiner confirmed McAleenan's decision to go rogue and stymie the operation was what prompted the White House to call off the 10-city operation.

</snip>

If true, apparently this guy doesn't like having a job.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

And he doesn't seem to care about going to jail or having to pay a hefty fine.  An operation like that would have been classified

And as a ICE operation under DHS, he's likely have declass authority.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

And he doesn't seem to care about going to jail or having to pay a hefty fine.  An operation like that would have been classified

Makes me wonder if there really was an operation, or if this was to sniff out leakers and those unwilling to get with the program.  In @Foxx's post above (the tweet thread) there is a link to the acting head of ICE saying we are removing people every day. 

I liked when she asked him about #twoweeks... but she didn't follow-up and point out that Congress is only in session one of those weeks. ?   

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Makes me wonder if there really was an operation, or if this was to sniff out leakers and those unwilling to get with the program.  In @Foxx's post above (the tweet thread) there is a link to the acting head of ICE saying we are removing people every day. 

I liked when she asked him about #twoweeks... but she didn't follow-up and point out that Congress is only in session one of those weeks. ?   

i'm sure there was an operation, over and above their everyday actions.

Trump is brilliant. he is once again proving to be a populace president. he is giving the Donners every chance to work something out. if/when they don't they will yet again prove that they are nothing more than obstructionists. i do believe he wants congress to function but they simply refuse to because they can't get past #orangemanbad and give him a victory with anything they have. regardless, he is going to come out of it smelling like a rose to the American people.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm sure there was an operation, over and above their everyday actions.

Trump is brilliant. he is once again proving to be a populace president. he is giving the Donners every chance to work something out. if/when they don't they will yet again prove that they are nothing more than obstructionists. i do believe he wants congress to function but they simply refuse to because they can't get past #orangemanbad and give him a victory with anything they have. regardless, he is going to come out of it smelling like a rose to the American people.

I agree he wants Congress to function, and I also agree with why they are not.  At some point, Congress is going to have to act though... I'm not the only one calling the the "do nothing Congress". Heck, at least Mitch is stacking the judiciary, Nancy's not do anything (except holding off the "progressive" wolves). 

President Trump has been very patient with the court system too (as opposed to a pen and a phone), trying to  follow the rule-of-law. 

It is just so frustrating to watch things go by inches - and no, I am not one to expect the last 50 years to be cleaned up in 4 years (or even 8). That would be impossible. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree he wants Congress to function, and I also agree with why they are not.  At some point, Congress is going to have to act though... I'm not the only one calling the the "do nothing Congress". Heck, at least Mitch is stacking the judiciary, Nancy's not do anything (except holding off the "progressive" wolves). 

President Trump has been very patient with the court system too (as opposed to a pen and a phone), trying to  follow the rule-of-law. 

It is just so frustrating to watch things go by inches - and no, I am not one to expect the last 50 years to be cleaned up in 4 years (or even 8). That would be impossible. 

right. couple the fact that we are so far down the wrong road and the machine is so large, it is going to take decade(s) to correct fully.  

i have hope on several fronts here. one, i hope that in another 18 months, Trump will be re-elected and he will have dealt a blow so severe to the Dems that they may not recover,  ever. once that is secured, i hope that he then turns his focus towards the corruption within the other wing of the bird, known as the Uniparty (or, Republicans). clean the whole *****  cesspool. 

once that has run it's course, then there will need to be someone from Trumps mindset (possibly lineage) to pick up where he has to leave off (Ivanka maybe?) just ***** obliterate the corruption within the elite. bring them back to Earth and let them know their game is not ever going to be tolerated again.

Trump is doing an effective job on so many fronts at exposing and cleaning up the evils in this world. that there are those who want it to continue (ahem liberals) is baffling to me. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

What do these busted fake news people do when checkmated on dates and such?

they feel funny for a second and then they go right back to lying because they have no soul any more?

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 3

If you’re president and you’ve done something morally abhorrent and politically unpopular, such as setting up a “zero tolerance” policy at the border that literally tears children from their parents’ arms, there are a few ways you can handle the fallout. You can reverse the policy and admit it was a mistake. You can make a case that it was justified.

Or you can claim that despite widespread comments about that policy by you and your aides, and literally thousands of news reports documenting what went on, none of it actually happened.

Want to guess which one President Trump has chosen?

In an absolutely gobsmacking new interview with José Díaz-Balart of Telemundo, Trump attempted this up-is-downism with regard to his administration’s family-separation policy, in which thousands of children were taken from their families at the border.

First, the background. When they implemented the policy, Trump officials were clear that its shocking cruelty was precisely the point: The horror of children being taken from their parents and tossed in cages would provide a powerful deterrent to those considering coming to the United States illegally.

When then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions was asked, “Are you trying to deter people from bringing children, minors, across this dangerous journey, is that part of what the separation is about?” he replied, “Yes, hopefully people will get the message.”

Within six weeks of implementation, the blowback was so fierce that Trump officially rescinded the policy. But during the time it was enforced, nearly 3,000 children were taken from their families. And there are still large numbers of minors in federal custody, some in shocking conditions with poor food and sanitation, in which small children are being forced to care for toddlers.

“In my 22 years of doing visits with children in detention, I have never heard of this level of inhumanity,” said one immigration attorney.

This is what’s happening in Trump’s government. But he is now claiming that it was all a dream, something you imagined but never actually occurred. Here’s a passage from the Telemundo interview:

TRUMP: When I became president, President Obama had a separation policy. I didn’t have it, he had it. I brought the families together. I’m the one that brought them together. Now I said something when I did that.

DIAZ-BALART: Mr. President —

TRUMP: Watch. Many more people will come up. And that’s what happened. But President Obama is the one that built those prison cells.

DIAZ-BALART: I understand 2,800 —

TRUMP: Do you remember —

DIAZ-BALART: 2,800 children were reunited with their parents in the last year. We don’t even know. The government doesn’t even know how many children are still not with their parents. They don’t even know, which I find incredible.

TRUMP: Ready?

DIAZ-BALART: My question is —

TRUMP: Are you ready? Under the Obama plan —

DIAZ-BALART: Sir, we’re talking about your plan.

TRUMP: We — no. No, we’re not. Because I’m the one that put people together.

It goes on like that for a while.

Just for the record, while there were some immigrant children separated from their parents during the Obama administration, it happened only in extraordinary circumstances, such as when the parent was deemed to be a threat to the child or was caught carrying drugs into the country. Under Trump, on the other hand, family separation became official policy, applied as widely as possible, and done with the intention of deterring future migrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/21/trump-has-another-moment-right-out/?utm_term=.aadc60cdc124

And then they will turn around and declare they are pro-life. What moral scum bags these people are 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/opinion/trump-migrants-camps.html

I hope there is a God who will punish these monsters 

Thousands of migrant children have now been separated from their parents.

As NBC News reported in May:

“At least seven children are known to have died in immigration custody since last year, after almost a decade in which no child reportedly died while in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.”

Homeland Security’s own inspector general has described egregious conditions at detention facilities.

And, last week, an attorney for the Trump administration argued before an incredulous panel of judges on the Ninth Circuit that toothbrushes, soap and appropriate sleeping arrangements were not necessary for the government to meet its requirement to keep migrant children in “safe and sanitary” conditions.

As one of the judges asked the attorney:

“Are you arguing seriously that you do not read the agreement as requiring you do something other than what I described: Cold all night long. Lights on all night long. Sleep on the concrete floor and you get an aluminum blanket?”

Democrats refuse to say what America should do about border crisis

by Karol Markowicz

Original Article

What do Democrats want to do about illegal immigration? Will they ever tell us? Or will they keep emoting about how deeply they care about the issue without ever offering a plan? Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez made a splash last week by referring to the detention centers housing illegal immigrants as concentration camps. Using the rhetoric of “never again,” she drew a revolting false parallel between the Holocaust and an imperfect democracy’s efforts to deal with tens of thousands of illegal migrants crossing our southern border. 

More at the link: