Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First, I do appreciate taking the time to have an actual conversation :beer: 

Second (and third and fourth), if you do believe that people should be free to become American citizens whenever they wish without a system or legal process -- what role do you believe nation states play in our world today? Do they have any sovereignty? Should they be able to defend and secure their borders or interests? Or do you believe that nation states are defunct and we now live (or should live) in a completely globalist society?

And if that's your opinion (please correct me if any of the above is wrong or needs expounding), who sets the agenda for the global community? Who makes the rules and laws? 

You think this is an actual conversation he's having?  

He just said that US citizenship conveys to anyone born on the planet Earth, and they're only prevented from benefiting from that citizenship by borders.

How the hell is he having an "actual conversation?"

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First, I do appreciate taking the time to have an actual conversation :beer: 

Second (and third and fourth), if you do believe that people should be free to become American citizens whenever they wish without a system or legal process -- what role do you believe nation states play in our world today? Do they have any sovereignty? Should they be able to defend and secure their borders or interests? Or do you believe that nation states are defunct and we now live (or should live) in a completely globalist society?

And if that's your opinion (please correct me if any of the above is wrong or needs expounding), who sets the agenda for the global community? Who makes the rules and laws? 

Subtle Edit: I believe people have the right to be not that they should be free to become American citizens. That right, though, comes with a myriad of complications depending on that individuals personal reason for wanting to live in America. For me, it's difficult to have a blanket opinion on every single illegal immigrant because of their personal experiences in coming to America.

I do not believe we live in a completely globalist society nor should we at this stage of history. Globalism is a Utopia and we all know how Utopias turn out. Nation states should however work together to try to better the planet we live on and encourage peace. They should defend their borders and interests but also show compassion to immigrants.

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He just said that US citizenship conveys to anyone born on the planet Earth, and they're only prevented from benefiting from that citizenship by borders.

I also think you have the right to move to Eritrea. Give it a shot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Trump's Tariff Gambit

by Marc Scaringi

Original Article

President Trump’s threat to impose tariffs on all Mexican imports until Mexico takes serious action to control its border with the U.S. shocked the Washington Beltway, Wall Street, and the Palacio Nacional in Mexico City. These centers of financial and political power, lulled by a U.S. Congress that has refused to act and activist federal judges who have stymied Trump’s border control efforts at every step, were jolted awake by Trump’s ultimatum.

But they should not have been surprised. The president issued a similar threat back in April. And, Trump promised from day one of his presidential campaign that he would make stanching the flow of illegal immigration,

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Trump's Tariff Gambit

by Marc Scaringi

Original Article

President Trump’s threat to impose tariffs on all Mexican imports until Mexico takes serious action to control its border with the U.S. shocked the Washington Beltway, Wall Street, and the Palacio Nacional in Mexico City. These centers of financial and political power, lulled by a U.S. Congress that has refused to act and activist federal judges who have stymied Trump’s border control efforts at every step, were jolted awake by Trump’s ultimatum.

But they should not have been surprised. The president issued a similar threat back in April. And, Trump promised from day one of his presidential campaign that he would make stanching the flow of illegal immigration,

He's only got a few cards to play (sanctions and tariffs),  and with our do-nothing Congress (for the last ummm 50 years) not taking the illegal situation seriously, I am not sure how much more he can do. 

And now the House voted last night to make a bazillion people who broke the law citizens, and not to be one-upped, the Senate has their own version. I "think" both are  vetoed without wall funding, and a serious plan to stop the illegals from entering the US.  It's almost as if Congress wants people to break our laws. Hmmm <_<

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Glad to see the House Democrats passed a Dreamer bill to give them citizenship. Our pro-life President just wants them deported away from family, jobs, home and their communities back to places that these people have barley known. And for what? Politics? 

That's evil 

51 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Glad to see the House Democrats passed a Dreamer bill to give them citizenship. Our pro-life President just wants them deported away from family, jobs, home and their communities back to places that these people have barley known. And for what? Politics? 

That's evil 

Savage

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's evil 

Barley is well known in Mexico:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/911031/mexico-barley-production-volume/

Mexico: barley production volume 2012-2018

Production of barley in Mexico from 2012 to 2018 (in 1,000 metric tons)

Mexico: barley production volume 2012-2018 This statistic shows the production volume of barley in Mexico from 2012 to 2018. In 2018, the production of barley in Mexico reached over one million metric tons, slightly down from the amount produced a year earlier.

Production of barley in Mexico from 2012 to 2018 (in 1,000 metric tons)

Created with Highcharts 5.0.14Volume in thousand metric tons1 0321 0325945948468467357359789781 0041 0041 0001 0002012201320142015201620172018
02004006008001 0001 200

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

Ooooh...Ooooh. I got this one. The difference between illegal and legal immigrants: The illegals are the ones Democrats want to give all the free stuff to, paid for by the legals.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

There's a bad mumps epidemic in one of the centers now.  Unvaccinated children bringing it in, spreading amongst them.

I saw three stories blaming Trump.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Regarding the "secret" deal with Mexico:

Trump shows off 'secret' Mexico document but photos reveal contents

An enhanced picture (full disclosure, this is stored on an 8chan server. It is only a picture of the letter, however, you will not see anything else)

Below are the readable text sections when enhanced:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexico also commits to imme— —domestic laws and regulations with a

view to identifying any changes— —to bring into force and implement such an

agreement.

If the United States determines, at its discretion and after consultation with Mexico, after 45

calendar days from the date of the issuance of the Join Declaration, that the measures adopted

by the Government of Mexico pursuant to the Joint Declaration have not sufficiently achieved

results in addressing the flow of migrants to the southern border of the United States, the

Government of Mexico will take all necessary steps under domestic law to bring the agreement

into force with a view to ensuring that the agreement will enter into force within 45 days.

Signed on this 7th of June, 2019 in Washington, D.C. by:

—————— (signature unreadable) —————— (signature unreadable)

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1