Report - Rob Ryan to be fired in NOLA

YoloinOhio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I would fully blame Ryan, he did a great job his first year bringing a bad defensive unit to a top 5 unit. In year two it's obvious Sean Payton starts micro-managing aspects of the defense, bringing in someone to manage the secondary clearly was throwing down the guantlet (and it got much worse). The entire team is dysfunctional and it's just a bad situation, so who knows how much of this was Ryan's fault, or Payton's fault for creating an atmosphere where Ryan was a lame duck and enabled the players in losing confidence in his system. The GM also has to take some blame for putting together an absolutely talent-less defensive roster.

They both put a lot of pressure on the CBs, but Rob really takes that to the extreme. Those CBs are on islands in man coverage. And if it's not working he leaves them there. Totally inflexible. Rex does it a lot too, but not like that.

Thanks Barley!

and from that, we get this from Florio ---

@ProFootballTalk: Rex Ryan: It would be fun to add my brother to the Bills' staff https://t.co/XqMn8YkQJC

Here we go...

good ole Mike Florio.

I don't know that I would fully blame Ryan, he did a great job his first year bringing a bad defensive unit to a top 5 unit. In year two it's obvious Sean Payton starts micro-managing aspects of the defense, bringing in someone to manage the secondary clearly was throwing down the guantlet (and it got much worse). The entire team is dysfunctional and it's just a bad situation, so who knows how much of this was Ryan's fault, or Payton's fault for creating an atmosphere where Ryan was a lame duck and enabled the players in losing confidence in his system. The GM also has to take some blame for putting together an absolutely talent-less defensive roster.

Rob Ryan has no history of being a good defensive coordinator. The team may be dysfunctional, but Rob isn't some brilliant mastermind being hampered by an overbearing coach. He's just not good at his job.

Maybe its just that he is a bad coach as the entirety of his time as DC in various different places would suggest? The fact he had a good defense is the exception not the norm...most of his defenses were closer to the one this year than they were to the one from last year...

Rob Ryan has no history of being a good defensive coordinator. The team may be dysfunctional, but Rob isn't some brilliant mastermind being hampered by an overbearing coach. He's just not good at his job.

Exactly...he is closer to the "Fvck up" of the family when it comes to coaching, living off his name more than his performance...would have never gotten another DC job if not for his name after his first stint with Oakland...

Maybe its just that he is a bad coach as the entirety of his time as DC in various different places would suggest? The fact he had a good defense is the exception not the norm...most of his defenses were closer to the one this year than they were to the one from last year...

The one last year was bad too.... it was his first year in New Orleans that was decent. But he has had that and one year at Oakland where his defenses have ranked high. The rest of the time he has run bottom half of the league units.... if his surname was not Ryan no way he gets 4 different DC opportunities based purely on his resume.