Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

Who do you see Bills beating rest of way?

@Pats

@Chiefs

Texans

@Eagles

@Redskins

Dallas

Jets

Here's how I think about it:

1) Split the next two road games vs. Pats and Chiefs

2) Beat the Texans at home

3) Split the two road games vs. Eagles and Skins

4) Then either split the two home games to close the season vs. Cowboys and Jets (if you think 9 wins gets us in) or sweep those last two games (if you think it'll take 10 wins).

I happen to think it's very likely 9 wins will do it, especially if those 9 include a second win vs. the Jets. Assuming we sweep the Jets and end the season at 9-7, the Jets would have to go 5-1 in their other 6 games to finish ahead of us. Unlikely.

Then you're looking at hoping 9 wins (or tiebreakers) will put us ahead of either the Steelers OR Raiders. I think it will. There's always the chance another team like the Chiefs catches fire, but that seems unlikely.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we beat the Pats on MNF at their place?

There will be gallons of crow to eat. I mean, we'll have to import crow from Europe, and that's going to cost a lot, given recent events. They have so much crow to eat over there after yesterday, that the price of crow is already going to skyrocket. The Germans will have a tough time doubling the production of beer necessary to wash down all the crow they now have to eat, given that speech from 8 years ago.

If we beat the Pats*, the UN may have to step in, and start rationing crow.

Well, that is...if we still valued honor, and actually held everybody to the amount of crow that is due.

However, after we win, I'm sure that many will find a solution in merely wishing away their share of crow, thus never being accountable for it.

So, in the end, we might find that prices in the crow market don't exceed expectation, and those who are tradiitionally accountable for what they do and say, merely consume their normal ration.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Tone is very tough to discern under normal circumstances, let alone on a football message board where emotions run high. I seldom take things very seriously around here despite my willingness to mix it up, a :lol: or the occasional :rolleyes: not only helps decipher my tone but also my reaction to some of the hot takes around here.

Then there's :beer: which is just my way of treating this place like my local bar. If we were sitting around talking football -- even the folks with whom I disagree -- I'm still buying them a drink either for taking the time to explain their position (rather than just making a trollish post), agreeing with/understanding their take, or just appreciating their contributions to the board.

I know what yer sayin...smileys-passing-joint.gif

People said this exact thing last year... 10 Wins. Like I said... People said this exact same thing last year. 10 WINS

Well, I could be wrong. I usually am.

9-6 going into Jets game. If everyone stays healthy, and we get Kyle Williams back early, possibly 10-5 losing only to the Pats.

The Raiders have a much tougher schedule, Big Ben keeps getting hurt, and we just beat the Jets and have a better record in the AFCE. It is very conceivable we make the playoffs this year. The key is getting the 5th seed so we would play the Texans or Colts in Wildcard Sunday.

I have no confidence in us after that point as we would play either the Pats or Bengals in their house and most likely get killed. We would finally get back to the playoffs though. Another good draft, and a full off season for TT and possibly we become a solid playoff team year after year.

Except for when you don't. By that logic you could say that because one year the Pats went 11-5 and didn't make it, we therefore need 12. If we lose next Monday it's over.

No, I am talking about what usually happens not an anomaly. 9 Wins and you have little chance to get in, 10 Wins is the target.

Edited by Beef Jerky

No, I am talking about what usually happens not an anomaly. 9 Wins and you have little chance to get in, 10 Wins is the target.

And this year is looking like one of those outliers in the AFC. Lots of supposed WC contenders fell off early. Most years it's been 10. Realistically , it's hard to see the Bills getting 10 wins. 9 is more doable , and this year it could be enough.

And this year is looking like one of those outliers in the AFC. Lots of supposed WC contenders fell off early. Most years it's been 10. Realistically , it's hard to see the Bills getting 10 wins. 9 is more doable , and this year it could be enough.

I bet if the Bills get 9 Wins they don't get in. Need 10

I bet if the Bills get 9 Wins they don't get in. Need 10

Could be. Just don't think they can get 10 anymore , not realistically . It's possible, but I don't think they will. Just have to hope for that oddball ( in the AFC anyways) season in which 9 wins does the trick. The Bills will be 5-5 after The Pats game, you can bet on that. Do you think this team will win 5 of their last 6 games? I don't . 4-2 is achievable if things go their way.