Week 11: MNF Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Posted

26CornerBlitz

Will the Bills Beat the Patriots on MNF?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Beat the Patriots on MNF?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, but I never have even heard of Jamie Collins until the lead up to this week? I feel like the pats always have these no-name steady LBs-- but have never viewed any of them as elite.

he is elite. He's super athletic and can play sideline to sideline. He's like an all-pro version of Kiko. Chandler Jones has also had a great season but Collins is their best defensive player IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was not pleased when NE drafted Collins.

He's an exceptional athlete with good football instincts.

He absolutely blew up the combine, which I thought could potentially boost him into the first round, since he was such a force at So. Miss.

I'm glad he won't be out there, and hope his illness isn't a threat to his long-term health

Wow. The first I've heard of this. You must be so proud. :nana:

well done !

I am quite proud of him actually.

Pretty fond of my Blood kin too BTW :lol:

Interesting in depth review. Not fun , but interesting.

Might guess the team and TT have come a long way since week two ?!

Watch: Bills More Experienced; Gameplan Unaffected (4:27)
The Bills plan to draw from lessons learned thus far in order to improve upon their Week 2 performance against the Patriots. New England Injuries will not affect game plan.

Rex Ryan Show: Final Moe-Ments (1:36)
Head Coach Rex Ryan talks about the Monday Night Spotlight and the fact the Patriots are still undefeated heading in to this matchup.

Rex Ryan Show: Film Room (4:55)
Head Coach Rex Ryan breaks down plays from week 10 against the Jets including interceptions by Corey Graham and Bacarri Rambo, a tight end screen to Charles Clay and a long run by LeSean McCoy.

Rex Ryan Show: World Wide Rex (2:59)
Get to know Bills head coach Rex Ryan a little bit better as he answers questions about the Thursday Night Color Rush game, his favorite Thanksgiving food items and his most memorable Thanksgiving.

Rex Ryan Show: The Game Plan (6:38)
Bills head coach Rex Ryan previews the week 11 matchup with the New England Patriots, in this week's edition of 'The Game Plan.'

Patriots body double for Tyrod Taylor

The New England Patriots, like every other team in the NFL have a scout team designed to give their starting defense as realistic a look as possible to prepare for Buffalo’s offense on Monday night. Finding someone who can emulate Tyrod Taylor is not easy, but the Patriots feel they’ve got a suitable body double.

New England made use of backup QB Jimmy Garappolo on the scout team to serve as their Tyrod Taylor in practice.

“Jimmy is a good athlete,” said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. “We’ve had several quarterbacks like that this year that we’ve played against that have run well – [blake] Bortles and obviously Taylor and you can go right down the line. So when those situations come up, teams that run those kinds of plays, bootlegs or quarterback keeps or even just loose scramble plays, he gives us a great look on those.

A lot of this article is a little unfair, IMO. In most of the plays, Taylor is in third and long situations. The article chastises Taylor for not hitting Karlos/Clay on dump off routes quite a bit where they have no chance to make a first. I understand he shouldn't take sacks in those positions, but not taking the 5 yard gain immediately when the defense is purposefully giving it to you on 3rd and 10 is a GOOD thing. Throwing the ball immediately to Karlos to pick up 4 and punt isn't really ideal.

Bills set to apply lessons of first meeting with Patriots

emotions-high.jpg

The Bills were a team still feeling its way with new weapons on offense and new schemes on both sides of the ball in Week 2. That along with emotions bubbling over led to an embarrassing performance. One the Bills feel prepared to redeem Monday night.