This would be a really good week for this Defense to start

This is where I enter the defense threads and proclaim to anyone who will listen that sacking a quarterback is not the only way to stop one.

TURNOVERS

The most indicative stat in any individual game.

The Bills were 3rd in takeaways per game in 2014

The Bills are 14th in takeaways per game in 2015

In all fairness.....he hasn't ranked above 18th in takeaways since the last time he made the playoffs.

Hmmm.

Rex last two seasons in NY his D ranked 31st and 32nd in takeaways.

Pass rush creates turnover opportunities.

I loved watching this defense the past two years! This year confounds me. Same players, add in Ronald Darby, and a supposed defensive genius in Rex- and we take 3 steps backwards. I have seen the Jets play a couple times this year, and they play an attacking defense that I thought our Bills would be playing this year. IMO we are much more talented than the Jets(no disrespect to Jets Dline). Between Mario, Marcel, Jerry, our LBers, and our secondary- we should be making plays all over the field.

We are 4-4 on the cusp of the playoffs. We have been losing these games lately (Raiders last year, New England, Jacksonville, Cincy). You know this game means the world to Rex. And you know this team wants to win it badly for Rex. Couple that with playoff possibilities and division ramifications. The optimist in me feels the Bills D will bring it tonight. They have too much talent, they just need to put it together. Is Leodis returning punts tonight? He will be a huge addition on special teams. I predict Leodis makes a big play for us tonight.

The onus is on the Bills. Make it happen!

Go Bills!

I loved watching this defense the past two years! This year confounds me. Same players, add in Ronald Darby, and a supposed defensive genius in Rex- and we take 3 steps backwards. I have seen the Jets play a couple times this year, and they play an attacking defense that I thought our Bills would be playing this year. IMO we are much more talented than the Jets(no disrespect to Jets Dline). Between Mario, Marcel, Jerry, our LBers, and our secondary- we should be making plays all over the field.

We are 4-4 on the cusp of the playoffs. We have been losing these games lately (Raiders last year, New England, Jacksonville, Cincy). You know this game means the world to Rex. And you know this team wants to win it badly for Rex. Couple that with playoff possibilities and division ramifications. The optimist in me feels the Bills D will bring it tonight. They have too much talent, they just need to put it together. Is Leodis returning punts tonight? He will be a huge addition on special teams. I predict Leodis makes a big play for us tonight.

The onus is on the Bills. Make it happen!

Go Bills!

It's not the same players.

Aaron Williams out.

Searcy gone. Kiko gone. Spikes gone.

Unfortunately Fitz' best skill is sack avoidace. Not a good week to get the sacks rolling in. I will settle for 2 picks.

Yes, he avoids sacks by either just throwing it away or tossing up ducks to either get picked or be miraculously hauled in by Brandon Marshall. Make him feel the pressure, and I think we'll some some vintage Fitz in tonight's game.

Let's go D Line!

It's kind of funny. I expected the defense to be crazy aggressive and blitz happy. I expected lots of sacks and turnovers. But what we've seen is more of a "bend, don't break" defense. But I think the defense has been better overall than most people are giving them credit for. If they keep the penalties to a minimum and win the turnover battle, this should be a win for the Bills. The only way the Jets win this game is if the Bills hand it to them they way they did against the Jags.

It's kind of funny. I expected the defense to be crazy aggressive and blitz happy. I expected lots of sacks and turnovers. But what we've seen is more of a "bend, don't break" defense. But I think the defense has been better overall than most people are giving them credit for. If they keep the penalties to a minimum and win the turnover battle, this should be a win for the Bills. The only way the Jets win this game is if the Bills hand it to them they way they did against the Jags.

If there's one thing I've learned about football in my decades of watching it's that "bend, don't break" defenses don't work due to their passive nature. Aggressive defenses, on the other hand, tend to give up more big plays but also cause more turnovers and negative plays in return. When you play "bend, don't break" you're implicitly asking your offense to carry you. On this team, I think that's unwise.

One that gives up 17 points a game?

did you watch the game or did you just look at the final score which obviously doesnt tell the entire story of how the defense actually played

Edited by Max997

I wonder if Leodis will be smart enough to play 40 yards back and catch one of those 18 yard crossing patterns that Fitz will throw 20 yards past the receiver down the middle.

So then he should play 38 yards back. Come on man. Football is a game of inches. That's a whole 2 yards lost there. Bruh!

Seriously though, this will be a great game for our safeties I think.