The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

article-6337-1.jpg     McGruff The Crime Dog Put Down

NEW YORK, NY—In response to a growing anti-police sentiment, McGruff the Crime Dog has been taken to the vet and put down.

“We just didn’t feel safe with him around,” said activist Ray Clarke, one of the people who demanded McGruff be euthanized. “He was always urging people to ‘Take a bite out of crime,’ and we don’t need more violence like that from law enforcement. He has to die.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mcgruff-the-crime-dog-put-down?utm_content=buffera78e1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not know if any of you read Legal Insurrection. There is a campaign afoot to get Professor Jacobson (who owns Legal Insurrection and is a Cornell Law Professor) fired or "publicly denounced." Now, you would think a law school would know better, but maybe not?

I followed that site going back to before the Trayvon Martin case but for some reason it always took too long to open and I got away from it. I know B-Man follows it, or at least did follow it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Those drama classes really paid off..................?

"Sleeping in your bed shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Playing video games shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Shopping in a store shouldn't be a death sentence!"

Good ***** Lord.  Get a grip people.  

Oh and next time if you want to be taken seriously?  Use your own words.  Not a script someone wrote for you.  

• Like (+1) 1

IT’S COME TO THIS: 

Boston to reassess future of Columbus statue beheaded in North End.

In other news from the land of John Kerry, Berklee College Bans Boston Cops From Restroom:

“Berklee President Roger Brown said in a letter to the school community that allowing the officers inside on Sunday, May 31, perpetuated ‘feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalization.’ Brown, who is stepping down from his post at the Boston music school next year, added: ‘Let us assure you, this should not have happened, and going forward, it will not happen again.’”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

"Sleeping in your bed shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Playing video games shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Shopping in a store shouldn't be a death sentence!"

Good ***** Lord.  Get a grip people.  

Oh and next time if you want to be taken seriously?  Use your own words.  Not a script someone wrote for you.  

That’s exactly the kind of ***** stick I would assume could find fault with a mother ***** puppy cartoon character. Hopefully this one doesn’t reproduce and if it does; God help the child.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IT’S COME TO THIS: 

Boston to reassess future of Columbus statue beheaded in North End.

In other news from the land of John Kerry, Berklee College Bans Boston Cops From Restroom:

“Berklee President Roger Brown said in a letter to the school community that allowing the officers inside on Sunday, May 31, perpetuated ‘feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalization.’ Brown, who is stepping down from his post at the Boston music school next year, added: ‘Let us assure you, this should not have happened, and going forward, it will not happen again.’”

***** mentally ill man. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not know if any of you read Legal Insurrection. There is a campaign afoot to get Professor Jacobson (who owns Legal Insurrection and is a Cornell Law Professor) fired or "publicly denounced." Now, you would think a law school would know better, but maybe not?

"Ever since I started Legal Insurrection in October 2008, it’s been an awkward relationship given the overwhelmingly liberal faculty and atmosphere."

"Living as a conservative on a liberal campus is like being the mouse waiting for the cat to pounce.

For over 12 years, the Cornell cat did not pounce. Though there were frequent and aggressive attempts by outsiders to get me fired, including threats and harassment, it always came from off campus.... Not until now, to the best of my knowledge, has there been an effort from inside the Cornell community to get me fired.

The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement: The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement: 'Reminder: “Hands up, don’t shoot” is a fabricated narrative from the Michael Brown case ,"  "The Bloodletting and Wilding Is Part of An Agenda To Tear Down The Country."...

My clinical faculty colleagues, apparently in consultation with the Black Law Students Association, drafted and then published in the Cornell Sun on June 9 a letter [with] absurd name-calling, distorting and even misquoting my writings, to the extent it purports to be about me....

None of the 21 signatories, some of whom I’d worked closely with for over a decade and who I considered friends, had the common decency to approach me with any concerns....

We are living in extraordinarily dangerous times, reminiscent of the Chinese Communist Cultural Revolution, in which professors guilty of wrongthink were publicy denounced and fired at the behest of students who insisted on absolute ideological orthodoxy. It’s a way of instilling terror in other students, faculty, staff, and society, so that others shut up and don’t voice dissenting views."

From "There’s an effort to get me fired at Cornell for criticizing the Black Lives Matter Movement" by William Jacobson

• Thank you (+1) 1