The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not surprised at all. It's been my contention for decades that liberals are the least tolerant people in our society. They get their information strictly from sources that mirror their preconceived ideas and refuse to actually listen to anything that they don't already agree with. 

Is there anyone left who is the least bit serious and not 100% politically motivated who would argue otherwise?

Liberals act like being 'tolerant' means telling your friends how you wish your town was more 'diverse'....but you know....not if it means the public schools have to be 50% minorities.

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Is there anyone left who is the least bit serious and not 100% politically motivated who would argue otherwise?

Liberals act like being 'tolerant' means telling your friends how you wish your town was more 'diverse'....but you know....not if it means the public schools have to be 50% minorities.

Or if the town has a high proportion of minorities, they send the kids to private schools, yet still mouth off on how to best provide public education.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's really unfortunate the  media tries to use that dude in the video to make their point. He was embarrassed up one side of Twitter and down the other for hours on end. He made pajama boy in the Obamacare ad look masculine. You never see the people with the agenda on the front line. Just naive kids who simply were never taught any better.

• Like (+1) 3

An event was scheduled for Tuesday by the Dartmouth College Republicans featuring Republican U.S. Senate candidate Bryant “Corky” Messner. The topic of discussion, a policy talk, was to be on border security and the opioid crisis. The event was canceled due to threats of violence from left-wing activists on campus.

Stop me if you’ve heard this type of story before – a conservative Republican is invited to speak on a college campus. The student leftists on campus are triggered by the mere title of a speech and decide to shut the event down rather than to engage in a spirited debate of ideas. It happened at Dartmouth before Messner could even come and present his ideas to the student body.

Messner’s policy talk has been canceled indefinitely. The angry mob wins again.

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/02/19/dartmouth-college-republicans-cancel-event-cite-threat-violence/

#METOO DESCENDS INTO SELF-PARODY: 

Stephanopoulos Raves Over ‘Resilient’ Disgraced Democrat Katie Hill.

That’s pretty much to be expected from Bill Clinton’s flack, and the network that worked to get an alleged Jeffrey Epstein whistleblower fired — from another TV network.

Flashback to Joe Cunningham at Red State last October, after they exposed Hill for being “a person in power who used that power for sexual satisfaction. Because of the nature of the allegations, even the House Ethics Committee is looking into the alleged affair with a congressional staffer – a huge no-no in Congress.”

Or as Ann Althouse wrote at the time, “She had sex with a staffer. Nancy gave her the boot. Media narrative: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!” ?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I have been told to bring it to PPP 

I hope this is ok??????

what happened to DC Tom? 
did he know Hillary and Bill? 

Figured free speech was a good place to bring the question. 

Tom stepped away for a bit, no reason was publicly given. He's still around, I hope/expect he'll return at some point -- but everyone needs a good mental cleanse from time to time. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2