IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowher with the Hot Take!

@AroundTheNFL

Bill Cowher: Rex Ryan has made 'mockery' of captain tag and 'it's annoying' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578788/article/bill-cowher-rex-has-made-mockery-of-captain-tag

Rex has the "locals" be the captains every game. It might be a player that grew up nearby like Hogan, or a former player like IK. He does it every game. If IK was NOT the captain it would have been a bigger point of note and a bad one for the team. Either way it isn't a huge deal IMO but IK not being the captain would have been singing him out.

@NYPost_Brazille: Geno Smith post-game when asked for an interview. "No." "N-O." "Hell No." Walks by a few moments later. "D---Head." Classy. #nyj

I would be surprised if a good portion of the Jets team were not happy to see Geno get punched in the mouth. Not excusing it, but that guy has always seemed to be a bit of jerk, a poor leader, and an even worse QB.

I would be surprised if a good portion of the Jets team were not happy to see Geno get punched in the mouth. Not excusing it, but that guy has always seemed to be a bit of jerk, a poor leader, and an even worse QB.

Interesting that Mo Wilkerson and Nick Mangold both hugged IK after the game.

Wow were the Jets offended and fired up :rolleyes:... pretty obvious Rex knows that team, their relationship with Geno, their relationship with IK, and how they would respond.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex has the "locals" be the captains every game. It might be a player that grew up nearby like Hogan, or a former player like IK. He does it every game. If IK was NOT the captain it would have been a bigger point of note and a bad one for the team. Either way it isn't a huge deal IMO but IK not being the captain would have been singing him out.

Rex mentioned this in his post game press conference when someone from the NY media asked him about IK.

"You guys know me better than that. I've always done that. It would have been a story had I not named him Captain. You know what, he's not a bad kid. You think that's the first time there was a fight in an NFL locker room? Every single team has fights - okay? The young man made a mistake. You don't think he thinks about that every single day? But he's on our football team, and I'm proud of him."

Then a reporter asked, "Does it set a bad example?" And Rex came right back at him and said, "It's a bad example to judge people. That's probably what the biggest bad example is. Nobody's perfect. And that includes everyone who's pointing a finger."

Rex is right... gotta love him.

Major Eyeroll!

@JeremyWGR

"...complete disgrace & a window on the soul of the once-likable coach." Hot Take Alert! On IK as captain. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14117141/in-victory-rex-ryan-was-biggest-loser

"The NFL never should have allowed this to happen. Roger Goodell should have forced Ryan to stand down on this or face a heavy fine and/or suspension."

Why stop there? No act of Congress? No Executive Action!?!

Jesus. Don't stop there either. Rex should be pantsed and put on public display in a Macy's storefront window on 34th Street so all the sanctimonious offended people can feel better about themselves.

listened to a little of Boomer and Carton on the NY radio station and even they were making fun of anyone who found it the least offensive (referring to media) and that they look ridiculous and bitter. Edited by YoloinOhio