Bills D vs Jets O

YoloinOhio

This is a bad timing game...Rex's first visit to NY and to play against the Jets. That game against Patriots was horrible;;;and I see Rex getting caught up in the emotions and trying to prove to the Jets...I fear this game.

I think it's good timing, short week, very little time to get caught up in the emotions. If were after a bye it would be bad, but short week is good IMO...

I think it's good timing, short week, very little time to get caught up in the emotions. If were after a bye it would be bad, but short week is good IMO...

agreed. The less time before the Jets game the better. They already know the game plan. Most of the staff just came from there and familiar with most of the personnel. They have planning since January. Just go out and play. Edited by YoloinOhio

This isn't intended to be a complaining about the defense thread. There are plenty of those. It's intended to look at matchups for Thursday.

Just from my observations-- The Jets use the TE Cumberland rarely and he's not great. Fitz throws mainly to two guys - Decker and Marshall. Both have had great, consistent seasons thus far. Both have size but not great speed. Which one does Darby get? Concerned about his size. Then they have the rookie Devin Smith who is a fast, deep threat. But not sure how much they've used him with Fitz. Kerley is kind of a steady eddy but not a game changer.

Ivory started out the season hot, but had really cooled off.not sure if it's nagging injuries or OL play. They got Stevan Ridley back recently - wonder how much he will play.

Most interested in thoughts on Secondary matchups and other info beyond the (very limited) that I presented on their offense.

On the OL it looks like mangold will be out (huge loss) and they will get Colon back.

I'm more concerned about our O vs Jets D. I think they have the corners to slow Sammy down.

I'm more concerned about our O vs Jets D. I think they have the corners to slow Sammy down.

got to get him matched up on Cro somehow. They may give safety help to Revis. The Pats did last year iirc.

If so, Clay Day

Edited by YoloinOhio

The key to this week is to get a lead. If we get out to a lead and make the Jets one dimensional, that puts the game in Fitz's hands. As we witnessed numerous times, Fitz will panick and turn the ball over when the game is on the line and he's trying to force something.

If we let them get out to a lead and stay comfortable, we will be in BIG trouble.

The key to this week is to get a lead. If we get out to a lead and make the Jets one dimensional, that puts the game in Fitz's hands. As we witnessed numerous times, Fitz will panick and turn the ball over when the game is on the line and he's trying to force something.

If we let them get out to a lead and stay comfortable, we will be in BIG trouble.

we need the center to snap it over Fitz's head into the end zone on the first play again

It's pretty simple on Chan and Fitz. They looked good when he could throw fast and short, and defenses gave the WR a cushion. We went from 5-1 to a crappy season on that spread season by other defenses playing press coverage at the LOS, and make Fitz under pressure throw more than 15 yards. He is terrible.

We can beat these guys and Fitz hand is bothering him from what I could see on the Jags game.

I'm not over confident, and we have to play a great game, but with Felton plowing the field like yesterday, we can create some lanes for our horses. TT gets cushion and watch the magic with Sammy. We didn't even get Clay going yesterday. He's our over the middle threat. I can't wait for TR night. It will be Christmas for the Bills.

I feel the Bills tackle better and are more disciplined on the road. They seem to not let emotion get the best of them. They are also penalized far less. They simply need to stay in control and stay home on mis-directions, something that killed us yesterday. Also we must shoot the a gap with Dareus and flush Fitz, his ball doesn't have the zip for cross field throws that we could then anticipate for picks. And get your damn hands in the air D-line! This used to be something we did a lot of.

Lets just go out there and load the box and blitz Fitz and if he beats us deep consistently we lose so be it. We all know Fitz...we know you can suffocate him. We'll win if we don't over think this or fear the deep ball that won't hit very often.

We also know Chan. He likes his spread offense. That is going to be a big problem against our DL. Most team keep 5-7 guys in to block our DL. There is a reason too that Rex's defense always made Fitz/Gailey look bad. Rex likes to send more rushers than an offense has blockers. As long as the offense can't account for all of them, somebody will get to Fitz. Gailey and Fitz like to take chances with that spread. They know that they will not have enough blockers, but they also know they will have more matchups that they like. Game of chicken.

The trouble is, Buffalo has a group of DLmen that will be salivating at all of the 1 on 1 matchups. Darius, Williams will not be seeing as many double teams. This could get real ugly for the Jets.

we need the center to snap it over Fitz's head into the end zone on the first play again

If Mangold is out, plus with Fitz's thumb issue that could actually happen.

So last year when we played Marshall in Chicago, Gilmore was out and I think Leo covered him. I don't remember how well he did but he forced a Marshall fumble and then Marshall got hurt. I am thinking having him back in a safety role will be good coverage help on both WRs. Though I respect Marshall and Decker a lot - they have had great years so far - I'm ok with our secondary in this game. I think. Gilmore covered Decker last year and decker beat him on one deep ball I remember and then egregiously dropped it. Would have been a TD. It was the game in Detroit.

Edited by YoloinOhio