Kouandjio benched for Henderson.. mistake?

Bocephuz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think winning would be more important than getting a players reps...that's what preseason is for.

Maybe they view Henderson and Kujo as equal in talent.....

I personally would rather see Kujo at RT

I'm not sure what you're seeing CK is a turnstile and false start machine.

Henderson has a few lapses each game but if you look at each play like an at Bat in baseball.

Henderson is batting .700 and CK is maybe 400. CK just consistently plays poor.

Im sorry....no...just no

Kujo had some hickups when he was pressed into relief duty....but the last couple of weeks has been pretty solid

Henderson

- Gets beat OFTEN......which is troubling for a guy of his athletisism

- Gets hurt EVERY GAME

- Does not committ to punishing people in the run game.....he "gets in the way"

Interesting. CK looks like he is in a different snap count and clearly has lapses where he doesn't know his assignment. He looks blindsided on half the plays. That was the case in London. Just looked clueless most of the time when he wasn't getting flagged for false starts. Edited by 1B4IDie

I'm not sure what you're seeing CK is a turnstile and false start machine.

Henderson has a few lapses each game but if you look at each play like an at Bat in baseball.

Henderson is batting .700 and CK is maybe 400. CK just consistently plays poor.

To answer your question about what I'm seeing ...I do an in depth analysis watching the All 22 film focusing specifically on pass blocking each week and post it on this site.

Here's an example...http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181925-film-review-olineunforced-qb-error-week-5-titans/

Here is my blurb about Henderson from that Titans game analysis....

SUMMARY – Henderson’s performance in pass protect really sabotaged what was an overall decent showing by the rest of the line as far as pass protect goes ( I can’t comment on the run blocking .. but I suspect it was poor). The Titans did a lot of delayed blitzing… and effectively blitzed guys from the secondary several times.. however.. I didn’t see too many stunts.. the pass rushes seemed pretty straight up for the most part. Taylor’s unforced off target throws hurt in the first half.. but like the Patriots and Giants games he rallied in the second half and played much better to close out the game. I really hope they give Kouandjio a shot at RT this week against the Bengals… He looked good in his short spot duty filling in for Glenn against the Giants and he has to be better than Henderson at this point.

O Line Pass block grades

GLENN – B-

INCOGNITO – B

WOOD – B

MILLER – C

HENDERSON – F-

Edited by Bocephuz

Interesting. CK looks like he is in a different snap count and clearly has lapses where he doesn't know his assignment. He looks blindsided on half the plays. That was the case in London. Just looked clueless most of the time when he wasn't getting flagged for false starts.

Shall we go over it? I have the NFL game package to go back and scrutinize it further.

Shall we go over it? I have the NFL game package to go back and scrutinize it further.

Here is my analysis from the painful re-watch of that game on NFL Game Pass

FULL ANALYSIS - http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/182393-film-review-olineunforced-qb-errors-week-7-jags/

Here's my blurb from that analysis about Kouandjio below..

KOUANDJIOU PASSABLE - Kouandjio's performance was about the same as last week against the Bengals. He generally held up well and has looked better than Henderson looked before his injury. He was not without error however. He committed a false start and was also beaten once in Q2 causing EJ to be hit. Overall.. save for these 2 mistakes he was fairly solid. Not dominating.. but solid enough

Edited by Bocephuz

i could see that with KW (unfortunately) and they will get a sense of what the DL will look like without him over the next few weeks to evaluate. I could also see Mario gone. Especially if he doesn't shut his yap! He's been my favorite player for awhile but the cap space, age and whining about scheme may lead to his departure. Not saying I necessarily agree for everyone who will be mad about this. It's just a scenario that would not surprise me.

I'll begin work on my drafts of typical posts on those two roster moves by Whaley.

"Can't/Won't keep our own players"

"Whaley's Ego run amok"

"Cutting My Favorite Players ISFDWTT"

I honestly dont understand the love affair with Henderson

- He seems to play well when he is motivated

- That play is not consistant which screams lazy

- Too much looks like Tarzan plays like Jane with him

Say what you want about the horrible first year for Kujo......the guy lines up and gives it everything he has on most downs to me when I watch his film

Yet for reason the bills coaches love Henderson and keep marching him out there

I say make him earn it

I haven't seen much of a difference between the 2... However with K Williams healthy, Shady looks to b a go, n get Miller back at guard. We will try n run the ball more ( like they said in the off-season lol) We had a good day running against the dolfaggs last time so that may have some weight into who starts, but in my opinion Sent is the better run blocker!

Edited by snamsnoops

i could see that with KW (unfortunately) and they will get a sense of what the DL will look like without him over the next few weeks to evaluate. I could also see Mario gone. Especially if he doesn't shut his yap! He's been my favorite player for awhile but the cap space, age and whining about scheme may lead to his departure. Not saying I necessarily agree for everyone who will be mad about this. It's just a scenario that would not surprise me.

Mario has not been a malcontent in the past. If he is unhappy, there is probably good reason for it. Considering how stubborn Ryan had been about his schemes and their underwhelming results, I would seriously question the front office if they get rid of Mario in favor of Ryan's scheme. Mario has proven his worth with multiple coordinators in the past. All Ryan has proven so far is that he is a good talker

Here is my analysis from the painful re-watch of that game on NFL Game Pass

FULL ANALYSIS - http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/182393-film-review-olineunforced-qb-errors-week-7-jags/

Here's my blurb from that analysis about Kouandjio below..

KOUANDJIOU PASSABLE - Kouandjio's performance was about the same as last week against the Bengals. He generally held up well and has looked better than Henderson looked before his injury. He was not without error however. He committed a false start and was also beaten once in Q2 causing EJ to be hit. Overall.. save for these 2 mistakes he was fairly solid. Not dominating.. but solid enough

You clearly have an opinion.

You clearly have an opinion.

Its pretty accurate

I just got done watching the first series of the jags game again focuing on Kujo....will be doing this off and on today as time permits

On his first snap he comes off and drives a defensive player back pretty impressively

He does well in pass protection......one in particular where the D overloads to that side......he initially blocks a defender then redirects and takes the out most defender rushing on the play....getting just enough of him to push him past EJ (unfortunately on the play another rusher gets through OG and hits EJ.....but that clearly is not Kujo's fault who needs to take the outside assignment

On this series Shady runs the ball on a play where Kujo gets out in front of him.......he does waist bend at the end and blocks out like he is expecting the defender to take the sideline angle.....Shady goes inside because he is trying to get to the 1st down marker (which he does) So Kujo missing the defender but also causes the defender to not be able to get to Shady before the first down

i don't think there was that significant an improvement in play, and because of that, you shouldn't lose your starting job due to injury. that said, I suspect Henderson will be on a very short leash and any dip in performance will bring Kujo in very quickly

Right. I'm not going to pretend I watched the All 22s with notebook in hand, but I think everyone can agree that Cyrus didn't exactly grab the opportunity Lou Gehrig style.

I agree. Henderson is better suited for LT and CK at RT. I would play CK at RT and make Henderson the swing tackle.

After watching CK's entire career on the Crimson Tide, I am going to have to very respectfully disagree.

When Bama wiped out Notre Dame and won the title, Kujo was the 4th best blocker on that line. The kid who plays LT now for the Tide, Cam Robinson, is a sophomore and he is already better than Kujo will ever be, but I digress.

Kujo is best served by his mobility, not his physical strength. This seems to be limited too due to chronic injuries. I never thought Kujo had the brute strength that is needed to play the right side, whereas Henderson has displayed this, even if only in glimpses. He is by all accounts a wonderful person, but one of the few Tide players that I was against drafting.

Btw, imo, the RT position is ever evolving. I am seeing teams give up quite a few sacks from the right side this season. Kelly the Dog pointed this out several years ago but it's really starting to become apparent to me now. The rule changes brought us more and more passing plays, so the position of RT will become more important as time goes on.

I could go off on another tangent about how I think that soon, most qbs will be running more and Tyrod will be closer to the norm than the exception but I don't want to bore you. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd series on offense.....Kujo once again solid in pass protection.....buries a defender on a particular play.....the closest a defender gets to EJ is where he spin moves and goes low on the outside but ball is already out......this is one of those drives where EJ has a HORRID throw to Gragg that should have been a TD.....UGH! I have seen some throws by EJ so far in this review that are making me cringe.

Edited by John from Hemet

3rd series on offense

Kujo once again equits well in pass protection.......EJ takes a inexcusable sack instead of just throwing the ball away

On 3rd down Kujo redirects well with guard.....stones his assigned player who gets his hands up and bats down a EJ pass

Now....just because I know the workings of offensive line I am gonna put put that on Kujo.....because even though he pass protects well here it is his job to get the DL's hands down to keep batted passes....he puts the DL on his ass but he still bats the ball

4th series of offense

Kujo has a false start on this series

Past that.....nothing bad from Kujo on this drive....pass protection is good and it looks to me like the the line splits of the OL are widened on this drive allowing for more responsibility on the outside protection guys

This is the drive where EJ is hit by a defender from the OTHER side of the line that causes the fumble for a TD

Mario has not been a malcontent in the past. If he is unhappy, there is probably good reason for it. Considering how stubborn Ryan had been about his schemes and their underwhelming results, I would seriously question the front office if they get rid of Mario in favor of Ryan's scheme. Mario has proven his worth with multiple coordinators in the past. All Ryan has proven so far is that he is a good talker

Mario is good but not even close to great. However, he is being paid for great. After the season, he will either be traded, let go, or his contract will be renegotiated. Just my opinion.