Whaley is asleep at the wheel.

FireChan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Pegula's WGR interview about the Rex Ryan hiring process.

IMO you gave way, way too much weight to the part of her story when she recounts that Rex was not on their radar and was way down the list. The reason for that was because they just didn't think they would get him, or that he would be a serious candidate. Kim had very little to do with that before or after. She had nothing whatsoever to do in the football discussions of the hire and she admitted as much in public. The Rex hire was in no way, shape or form a Kim Pegula hire, he simply impressed her a lot and surprised her a lot, and she was totally on board for all things outside of football. Terry had a hard time staying awake during a lot of the football discussions. It was a total agreement of Rex as the choice tough. All four players wanted him.

Kim Pegula's WGR interview about the Rex Ryan hiring process.

I listened to her talking about the hire, and she stated she didn't ask any football questions. When asked what role did she play in the interview process, and she said we want someone who wants to be in Buffalo, and that's where most of her questions were probing.

She also stated she didn't know very much about his past jobs, and football history. She only inquired about his family status, and his family background, history.

I didn't hear her say "she' hired Rex Ryan at any point. So i firmly believe it was Terry Pegula who hired Ryan with Kim, Russ, and Doug's approval.

He came in and we were pleasantly surprised at how down to earth he really was in person, his love of the game, and what he said he really wanted to do with life and where he wanted to help us being part of the team. That really resounded very well with Terry and I.

IMO you gave way, way too much weight to the part of her story when she recounts that Rex was not on their radar and was way down the list. The reason for that was because they just didn't think they would get him, or that he would be a serious candidate. Kim had very little to do with that before or after. She had nothing whatsoever to do in the football discussions of the hire and she admitted as much in public. The Rex hire was in no way, shape or form a Kim Pegula hire, he simply impressed her a lot and surprised her a lot, and she was totally on board for all things outside of football. Terry had a hard time staying awake during a lot of the football discussions. It was a total agreement of Rex as the choice tough. All four players wanted him.

:thumbsup: I concur!

The more I read this crap the more I realize how dumb so many Bills fans are. We are 7 games in to a season and right away several fans want Whaley's and Ryan's head. I hope the Bills make a run so you can all eat some crow for jumping the gun. I'm not saying I am happy so far with Rex but I am astute enough to know that turning over coaches every year is not a smart thing to do. Whaley IMO has done nothing but a great job with this organization. He has brought in a lot of top rated talent both through trades and free agency. He has also done a very credible job in the draft. Thank God he had the foresight to listen to Rex and go after Tyrod. The Pegula's are smart people and there is no way they let this GM go. sorry fans, not going to happen...

So it is your contention that Rex was hired by the Pegula's completely independent from Whaley? He had no part in it? They didn't consult him? That they walked up and said, "Rex is your coach now?"

So is your contention that the employee should be fired because he went along with the bosses decision?!

The more I read this crap the more I realize how dumb so many Bills fans are. We are 7 games in to a season and right away several fans want Whaley's and Ryan's head. I hope the Bills make a run so you can all eat some crow for jumping the gun. I'm not saying I am happy so far with Rex but I am astute enough to know that turning over coaches every year is not a smart thing to do. Whaley IMO has done nothing but a great job with this organization. He has brought in a lot of top rated talent both through trades and free agency. He has also done a very credible job in the draft. Thank God he had the foresight to listen to Rex and go after Tyrod. The Pegula's are smart people and there is no way they let this GM go. sorry fans, not going to happen...

Its not just Bills fans! After week four of last year when the Chiefs demolished the Patriots 41-14, and being 2-2 every Patriot fan out there was crying in their beers about the dynasty being over, and that Tom Brady should be benched.

Rex Ryan has earned some wrath after losing to the 1-5 Jaguars, and with 5 min left to go in the game his craptastic defensive scheme let a young QB win by driving 84 yards for a TD. After the Bills being #1 last year, and #2 the year before the Bills are 29th in sack percentage this year... meaning the QB has all day to throw! Then there is the Bills as the league leader in penalties!

Any other Org would fire Whaley just for trading two first rounders for a fragile WR the team uses as a decoy. Meanwhile Odell Beckham Jr is stepping into superstar status, and this years team could have really used that 2015 first round pick. Not to mention 6 mill per for a WR with long history of being injured among other things.

At this point anything can happen, and a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes. If it goes really badly I suspect that nobody on the coaching staff or in the FO is safe.

Don't even bother. This thread sucks and the OP IS on a crusade.

I think Whaley has been assigned decision making as pertains to the construction of the 80 man pre-season roster, the regular season 53 man roster, and the 10 man practice squad; and does so with the input of Rex Ryan, selected coaches, Bills medical staff, and the scouting department. All of which can be over-ruled by the Pegulas (see: Jackson, Fred). I also believe that Whaley heads up the pro and amateur scouting departments and has oversight over the analytics department as well.

That could hardly be described as "little power".

Exactly. And that's why he was also consulted about Rex and his opinion mattered - he wasn't just some guy on the sideline that was going to like it or lump it.

The difference shall be , not jumping ship. Reinforcing the core and developing confidence that finally trickles into the fan base. wins are not everything at this point> sure its the end goal.

May i suggest that the players have already shown a belief in the coaches by coming back and staying in games that were essentially lost. Like as in turn the TV off lost.

Marrone may have started that trend. but its building.

how many time do the players talk about " if we play our game " .

patience. seven games. patience.

we fans are very emotional by rights.

Don't even bother. This thread sucks and the OP IS on a crusade.

not dumb as much as 15 years of being beat with a stick.

its conditional, and difficult to reverse

I just moved back to Buffalo. It is more clear than ever than the majority of Bills fans need something to B word about.

Well then, they should be THRILLED! I'm so confused.....

:)

10 pages of junk

"Junk"... that's very polite.

10 pages of junk

Thanks, at least i get participation points : (

I just moved back to Buffalo. It is more clear than ever than the majority of Bills fans need something to B word about.

This thread makes me want to puke more than La nova wings.

guy at work has a shirt from La Nova. I asked " how are the wings? " he said i never tried em'

but he wears the shirt.

hmm.

Thanks, at least i get participation points : (

Not just points! I'm sure there's a trophy or medal somewhere! Please inquire with the Moderators.

(But since it's Tuesday, there might be double points.)