Why is Jerome Felton a Buffalo Bill?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked that exact same question yesterday...make no sense as i dont think he plays teams and seems to miss the first block all the time looking to get to 2nd level. I understand that is the design of the play, but if the play is blowed up, cant you make an adjustment?

Seems like a disconnect between GM and coaching staff on scheme...

I can understand the signing going into the season, because the running game was supposed to be the focal point of the offense. Doesn't seem so thus far even when Shady is on the field. Felton's utilization thus far makes his presence on the 53 puzzling.

He's been on the field for just 24% of the offensive snaps through 7 games.

@JaySkurski

#Bills snap counts for Week Seven and the season to date are now up to date. Check them out here http://bills.buffalonews.com/stats/snap-counts/

He's been on the field in almost every snap under center. That's what he specializes in.

He's been on the field in almost every snap under center. That's what he specializes in.

He lead the way for AP, and his 2,000 yard season. Why not use him more to help your o-line or help in pass block? Its not like we currently have WR's to get on the field.

Was wondering this all during the game yesterday when they would put the camera on Rex and Felton was just standing there behind him. Did Whaley tell Rex and Roman that he was spending a few million bucks to bring in Felton? What was their answer? When all of the running backs got hurt and they brought in retreads, wouldn't it have been wise to have Felton block for these guys? You know - make their lives easier a little bit?

He lead the way for AP, and his 2,000 yard season. Why not use him more to help your o-line or help in pass block? Its not like we currently have WR's to get on the field.

we were behind by 20 points, it makes sense he didnt see a ton of snaps last week.

Been wondering the same thing - we went after this guy in free agency, paid him bucks to come here...... to sit on the bench. I thought he came here to be McCoy's lead blocker....?

Another big disappointment of this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12461751/buffalo-bills-sign-fullback-jerome-felton

Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but in Felton's introductory news conference Wednesday, he said it was a four-year deal. The Buffalo News reported it's worth $9.2 million, with $4 million guaranteed, over the four years.​

Edited by Azucho98

its not like hes highly paid. its a spot you can get a "best in the business" and still pay/treat him like a role player.

It's not a question of what his contract is. It is instead a question of why he's even on the team with such a limited role and snap count.

It's not a question of what his contract is. It is instead a question of why he's even on the team with such a limited role and snap count.

Because he's impacting a full quarter of our offensive plays, and is the best in business at what he does. Clearly someone is going to have to play his role in that 25% of our offense, why not have the best guy?

25% of snaps is more than most of the roster, if pay has nothing to do with it.

Because he's impacting a full quarter of our offensive plays, and is the best in business at what he does. Clearly someone is going to have to play his role in that 25% of our offense, why not have the best guy?

right - if carrying a fullback, i dont care if they spend $1m extra and get who they think is the BEST, instead of saving a little for the 7-8th guy.

its not a huge role but somebody is going to fill it, and even felton is filling it pretty cheaply.