Connor Cook

Tu-Toned

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't getting a top QB and here's why:

1. Once again we aren't bad enough to have a high pick. We are just painfully mediocre.

2. Tyrod is perceived to be "the man." The result will be the same as when we had Fitz. He's SORT OF good so we will give him a premature contract extension and ignore all other options as we build around our sort of ok QB.

3. Whaley doesn't have the guts to draft another QB. One more mistake like EJ and he's fired.

4. We are built to win now. We don't have 3-4 years to wait for a rookie QB to be good.

5. This is Buffalo aka QB purgatory. We aren't allowed to have a good QB

If we go after a QB it will be a late round project type of guy

Is he even going to be drafted? I never even thought he was an NFL player.

Look what happened with EJ - to us.

That's just false. Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, etc etc, all have terrible lines.

QB's that can read pressures, and recognize blitzes, and call certain protections improve o-line play.

Amen says one P. Manning.

2 factors which disagree:

The kiss of death has been applied to him by Buffalo Barbarian in Gabbertesque fashion

His team at MSU apparently hates his guts as he is a 4 year starter at QB and they rejected him as a potential team captain. Has something like that ever happened before?

"Hates his guts"??? The three captains are all fifth-year seniors, which may have something to do with who was chosen.

That's just false. Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, etc etc, all have terrible lines.

QB's that can read pressures, and recognize blitzes, and call certain protections improve o-line play.

Granted, as I'm not going to argue each QB's case. But three of those four QB's are noted for either running away from pressure or holding the ball to long while waiting for their receivers to get open. Thus making their lines look worse then they should. Wilson's line is a lot worse this year, and probably a big reason why they are losing more games this year. The Rams sacked Wilson 6 times, the Bears 4 sacks, the Lions 6 sacks, the Bengals 4 sacks, Carolina 4 sacks, and SF 6 sacks. Jeez! At this rate I'll be surprised if he survives the season.

Those four QB's are all very unique, and the Buffalo Bills haven't seen the like since Jim Kelly. Who BTW had an excellent offensive line with several all pros.

Alas, any rookie QB needs to get the actual game experience to be able to get to the point where they can adequately read pressures, blitzes and call protections. Its called developing the player.

Its not that the Buffalo Bills have been bad the last 15 years solely because they didn't have that franchise QB. Because they had a #1 overall draft pick in QB Drew Bledsoe who could tear any team a new one as long as he wasn't getting hit. Once they acquired Drew they tried, and failed to build the line by drafting LT Mike D Williams who ended up as a bad RT. The franchise seemed to give up on drafting O linemen or obtaining a top QB after that for the longest time.

QB Trent Edwards looked like he could be the guy briefly before he was severely concussed over, and over. Its not only about the line either, as the coaching staff, and supporting skill position cast is also very important.

Edited by Nihilarian

I will admit that I haven't seen him play much. I did see the Michigan/MSU game a few weeks ago, and wasn't blown away by him, or even consider that he could be a top prospect-- but I am not a huge college football guy.

It's just rare that MSU would be pumping out a franchise QB.

There do , hell we are do, if we don't get one of the big 3 it's going to be another season (next) down the drain.

Sure, why not!

Draft another player in the 1st round and throw him to the wolves behind a piss poor offensive line ...again. Then be sure to have his OC call more pass plays then run plays out of the shotgun all game long.

Take a long hard look at the Jets this year to see them doing better on offense with someone who Bills fans called noodle armed Fitz. Mostly because they have a decent run game, and a decent line to protect the QB.

No offense to the fans who want a legit franchise QB in Buffalo because so do I. The problem is that nobody will ever do well at QB in Buffalo until the FO upgrades the line properly. This year the Bills might lose both Glenn in free agency, and Incognito who was signed for only one year. The right side is a disaster again this year, and to top that off center Eric Wood isn't playing up to the level we saw in years past.

BB needs to remove Cook from #1 and replace him with another OT / OG should the Bills not resign Glenn / Cogs

Hell NO!! We draft our QB and let him sit while we rebuild the line and let TT take the abuse.

I just wait to see who you like then I do the opposite. I have a perfect record so far.

wrong as always as DC Tom says ...

Hell NO!! We draft our QB and let him sit while we rebuild the line and let TT take the abuse.

You know as well as anyone that should the Bills draft a QB with the #1 pick they will play him because they don't have a veteran starter. This isn't Green Bay. He will probably end up just like Trent Edwards, and Bills fans will then say he didn't make it because he sucked from the start.

You know as well as anyone that should the Bills draft a QB with the #1 pick they will play him because they don't have a veteran starter. This isn't Green Bay. He will probably end up just like Trent Edwards, and Bills fans will then say he didn't make it because he sucked from the start.

We can't keep going on like this, we need to keep drafting one till we get one.

and there is no reason to start him, he can sit behind TT or any other veteran like Hasselbeck or Schaub

Pretty much all the QBs coming out this year have warts. Even the ESPN guys (who at this time of the year usually have 6 QBs going in the top 10) are pretty luke warm about this year's class. Not a bad year to miss out IMO.

LOL name the last "major NFL prospect QB" who didn't have enough support to be a captain of his college. LOL

Evidence for your claim about "hate"? If you're gonna throw terms like that out there in unequivocal fashion, you should be able to back it up. Otherwise the claim is meaningless.

Again, evidence?

The evidence is:

QB is almost unanimously seen as the single most important position in sports; it is one that commands respect.

The QB is the leader of the football team; almost universally.

Someone who has 4 years starting experience at any position in any college sport, has normally put themselves in a position of respect.

The title of captain is given to someone on a team that has earned the respect of the others on the team and is seen as a leader.

For a 4 year starting QB to not have enough respect or be seen as enough of a leader to be elected captain is remarkable. This should not be lost on you. It is obvious. It can be spun 8 ways to Sunday but it is simply not good. Maybe I went on a limb saying hate, or dislike but those are actually the best scenarios for Cook. The others are "not respected", "not a leader", or worse. Are these traits you want in your QB for the Bills?

The evidence is:

QB is almost unanimously seen as the single most important position in sports; it is one that commands respect.

The QB is the leader of the football team; almost universally.

Someone who has 4 years starting experience at any position in any college sport, has normally put themselves in a position of respect.

The title of captain is given to someone on a team that has earned the respect of the others on the team and is seen as a leader.

For a 4 year starting QB to not have enough respect or be seen as enough of a leader to be elected captain is remarkable. This should not be lost on you. It is obvious. It can be spun 8 ways to Sunday but it is simply not good. Maybe I went on a limb saying hate, or dislike but those are actually the best scenarios for Cook. The others are "not respected", "not a leader", or worse. Are these traits you want in your QB for the Bills?

I guess I simply wouldn't read that much into it. http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/09/teammates_count_on_michigan_st.html