In defense of EJ (yeah, I said it!)

BmarvB

Had the defense stopped the Jags from scoring, the headlines would read:

EJ overcomes worst half of career to lead Bills to comeback win.

HE DID THAT! (except for the win). He put that pathetic first half meltdown that should have had him put under the end of the bench behind him and turned it around in the second half and brought this team back from 24 down (with help from Corey Graham's pick 6) to put the Bills in position to win. It was up to the defense to close it out, and they couldn't deliver (That BS call on Robey didn't help).

He got the ball back and was moving the team again to tie or win the game until some questionable play calls derailed the drive.

1) Why not give the ball to Shady to get that yard we needed?

2) Why would a 'ground and pound' offense roll EJ to the left to pass (he's a right handed passer) on a critical 4th and 1 instead of ramming it down the Jags throat with a str8 line power run? We had time, 2 plays to get 1 yard, and time outs to work with?

He came through and got this team back in the game despite how bad he sucked, swallowed, and all but choked on it in the first half. Give him that much credit while we hope TT and the rest of our walking wounded heal up soon before we start hearing the circling the drain sound on our season.

He made of for his first half performance and came through for the team in the end, the team (and coaches) didn't come through for him after we took the lead.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those things are problems if EJ doesn't put us in a hole early. No late game heroics from Blake. No 1 yard. No bad call.

True. But still. He did his part and overcame it all and got us in position to win. And we're supposed to win those games when we score 30+ points.

Had the defense stopped the Jags from scoring, the headlines would read:

EJ overcomes worst half of career to lead Bills to comeback win.

HE DID THAT! (except for the win). He put that pathetic first half meltdown that should have had him put under the end of the bench behind him and turned it around in the second half and brought this team back from 24 down (with help from Corey Graham's pick 6) to put the Bills in position to win. It was up to the defense to close it out, and they couldn't deliver (That BS call on Robey didn't help).

He got the ball back and was moving the team again to tie or win the game until some questionable play calls derailed the drive.

1) Why not give the ball to Shady to get that yard we needed?

2) Why would a 'ground and pound' offense roll EJ to the left to pass (he's a right handed passer) on a critical 4th and 1 instead of ramming it down the Jags throat with a str8 line power run? We had time, 2 plays to get 1 yard, and time outs to work with?

He came through and got this team back in the game despite how bad he sucked, swallowed, and all but choked on it in the first half. Give him that much credit while we hope TT and the rest of our walking wounded heal up soon before we start hearing the circling the drain sound on our season.

He made of for his first half performance and came through for the team in the end, the team (and coaches) didn't come through for him after we took the lead.

Man, and I thought I was an EJ homer...

Jekkyl and Hyde QBs are out of the league in short order.

Coaches work their entire lives to become head coaches. You expect anyone in his right mind to trust EJ with his dream?

No way.

Yep.

After today, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that EJ is a coach-killer. Marrone's move after Week 4 last year was absolutely correct.

Jekkyl and Hyde QBs are out of the league in short order.

Coaches work their entire lives to become head coaches. You expect anyone in his right mind to trust EJ with his dream?

No way.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Ferguson early in his career frankly. When he is good he makes huge plays when he is bad he is the worst. Ferguson overcame that to have a good career. I still think EJ is a good back up for this team. Good remember Marangi not that was bad.

I was most frustrated by EJ's inability to hit a swing pass. Don't understand how an NFL QB misses that throw over and over. A good screen game would really be nice as we have weapons that could make big plays there. Tyrod has also shown problems with these.

Same pass was horribly thrown in the exact same way last week to Shady vs. CIN.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Ferguson early in his career frankly. When he is good he makes huge plays when he is bad he is the worst. Ferguson overcame that to have a good career. I still think EJ is a good back up for this team. Good remember Marangi not that was bad.

Oh wow. You went way back in the archives to dig up Gary Marangi :lol:

I was most frustrated by EJ's inability to hit a swing pass. Don't understand how an NFL QB misses that throw over and over. A good screen game would really be nice as we have weapons that could make big plays there. Tyrod has also shown problems with these.

That one area he's definitely developed consistency. He's good for missing on a few of those simple :censored: throws, then comes back later and nails a throw you'd think he's gonna miss on.