Window (the kind you look through) question

bbb

By googling windows serial numbers, all I get is Microsoft Windows info.

My question is this - I had windows put in I guess sometime in 2000 or a little later.........I now need just a couple of parts to replace broken things on them. I asked the guy who put them in (who no longer does that type of work) and he had no idea what the make would be. He said to look at the top of the window.

All I can find is a serial number and a date - 5/9/2000 (which led me to believe that I had them done after that!).

Does anybody know how I can find the make of these damn things?!?

How many parts do windows have?

Windows are usually labeled inconspicuously so the information does not wash off. If you do find a manufacturer's label, it might reveal only the date of manufacture and the window's dimensions. If the manufacturer's name is not there, it could be etched into the glass, or it might be on the lock. Sometimes you can find it on the spacer separating the glass lites.

Typically, you will come across a silver or gold sticker from the testing laboratory certifying the window meets their specifications for strength and thermal properties. If the manufacturer's name is not there, either, the series or model name just might be. Using that bit of information, a quick online search could uncover the name of the manufacturer.

Do you know anyone who is a realtor? I ask because I have bought and sold many properties, and our realtor always had a handyman or window repair resource that knew exactly what to do. We recently sold a property that I was considering just replacing a window, the guy came out and in 10 minutes had it fixed, less that 100 bucks parts and labor... In fact, he had all the parts in his van and had no idea who made the Windows prior to coming.

Do you know anyone who is a realtor? I ask because I have bought and sold many properties, and our realtor always had a handyman or window repair resource that knew exactly what to do. We recently sold a property that I was considering just replacing a window, the guy came out and in 10 minutes had it fixed, less that 100 bucks parts and labor... In fact, he had all the parts in his van and had no idea who made the Windows prior to coming.

Good answer. Our realtor knew everyone and they were all great!

By googling windows serial numbers, all I get is Microsoft Windows info.

My question is this - I had windows put in I guess sometime in 2000 or a little later.........I now need just a couple of parts to replace broken things on them. I asked the guy who put them in (who no longer does that type of work) and he had no idea what the make would be. He said to look at the top of the window.

All I can find is a serial number and a date - 5/9/2000 (which led me to believe that I had them done after that!).

Does anybody know how I can find the make of these damn things?!?

This place might help, says send pictures and email for help. http://windowrepairparts.us/

This place might help, says send pictures and email for help. http://windowrepairparts.us/

Thanks for this - I think this is going to be what I'll have to do - and all the replies. If this doesn't work, I'll use some of those answers. Except, Nanker's one about Windows 2000!

For now, I've got to go to see Paul McCartney's first concert ever in Buffalo!