Not a big NBA fan

VABills

But it seems Indiana is doing fine without that fenolious criminal Ron (OJ) Artest. The NBA ought to do this more often, especially in places like Indiana where they have allowed the thugs on that team to pretty much get away with murder for years. Teams like that are part of the reason I hate the NBA.

But it seems Indiana is doing fine without that fenolious criminal Ron (OJ) Artest.  The NBA ought to do this more often, especially in places like Indiana where they have allowed the thugs on that team to pretty much get away with murder for years.  Teams like that are part of the reason I hate the NBA.

239990[/snapback]

In reality, you don't see that kind of thuggery everywhere. For some reason it finds a home in Indiana. Hell, not even the Lakers have THAT kind of thuggery. Odd, really.

I love how this word "thuggery" is really only passed around when talking about the NBA....sure its there, but are all NFL players choir boys or something? not even close! The Real reason the NBA isnt that good anymore is too much 1 on 1 play and too much physical play, plus a lot of the best players in the NBA arent in good NBA markets either (Lebron in Cleveland, Shaq in Miami, Garnett in Minny for example)..Chicago and NY markets for the most part have been dead for years now, CHI is recovering a bit, but most do not notice that yet.

I love how this word "thuggery" is really only passed around when talking about the NBA....sure its there, but are all NFL players choir boys or something?  not even close!  The Real reason the NBA isnt that good anymore is too much 1 on 1 play and too much physical play, plus a lot of the best players in the NBA arent in good NBA markets either (Lebron in Cleveland, Shaq in Miami, Garnett in Minny for example)..Chicago and NY markets for the most part have been dead for years now, CHI is recovering a bit, but most do not notice that yet.

240006[/snapback]

I'll bet anything that you'd have more perceived thuggery in the NFL if the players didn't wear helmets.

The Real reason the NBA isnt that good anymore is too much 1 on 1 play and too much physical play, plus a lot of the best players in the NBA arent in good NBA markets either

240006[/snapback]

I think it went to hell when they started letting massive numbers of high school players in early, plus all the players from overseas. The connection between NCAA and pro basketball is, for the most part, dead. You can be a huge college fan, turn on the NBA draft, & say "Who TF are these guys?" :D

In reality, you don't see that kind of thuggery everywhere. For some reason it finds a home in Indiana. Hell, not even the Lakers have THAT kind of thuggery. Odd, really.

239997[/snapback]

To be fair, it finds a home in Indiana's NBA franchise. The Colts are a pretty upstanding franchise. But there's something about Indiana Pacers players and fans, it seems...

I think it went to hell when they started letting massive numbers of high school players in early, plus all the players from overseas. The connection between NCAA and pro basketball is, for the most part, dead. You can be a huge college fan, turn on the NBA draft, & say "Who TF are these guys?" :D

240051[/snapback]

Good point.

240051[/snapback]

Excellent point. Never thought about that for a sec, but there would seem to be a ton of truth to it.

Ever since ole' John Y sold off the Braves, I've been as casual a fan of the NBA as any sports fanatic from 'the Buff' could be. But now that it's the ONLY thing on TV, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: I fond myself doing yardwork, etc. Thank GOD for NFL Network!! :D

An interesting point was mentioned on this weekends Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, when they went to the Denver Nuggets to get stuff for the house. Paul mentioned that alot of these players now gre up in the poor sections of town. Now taking that comment, what normally happens is these players still have the same attitudes they did growing up, but now they have money. Plus add in their "friends" that latched onto them because they have money, and you have all the ingrediants for trouble.

Interesting Buffalo Braves note from this article....

So Nice held a contest on the team's Web site, www.ababuffalo.com. The top pick was the Buffalo Braves, but the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers, who own the rights to the name, wouldn't give up the copyright.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050212/1009270.asp

Do the Clippers not want to give up the copyright to the name "Buffalo Braves" in case they ever decide to move the franchise back here? :devil: