What's the over/under on Rex getting fired after 2 years?

cale

Was QB the biggest issue today? No, it's been the average defensive play with over the top talent.

The talent is there but the wins aren't, whose fault is that? The GM or the coach?

It was a pretty big issue today, yes. EJM did ok for what he is, but that isn't getting it done vs a team like the Bengals. The D should be better, but a better QB probably gets in the garage with a 35- 31 win today. But the Bills aren't built to win that kind of game currently. That's a big disadvantage in this league that favors the O and the passing game in particular.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to adjust his philosophy to fit our DLine. So much so that I think it's highly improbable. God I'm disappointed in this defense.

I still think we beat jags and miami though.

We better beat them both. If we lose either we're toast and this board is going to come unglued.

Based on what?

The bengals score on 3 of the first 4 possessions in the 2nd half.

Your argument makes little sense.

And how many possessions did the Bills score on in the 2nd half? That probably had something to do with the QB, no? This is today's NFL. Not saying the D played great at all, but this game was winnable with some offense in the 2nd half. Good offenses score, even on good defenses( which I'm not sure the Bills have). A better QB is a more sure path to wins by today's rules than a Defense. That's my only argument.

This team is undisciplined beyond belief. That's on Ryan. With minimal penalties this team is a championship competitor. I can't imagine the Pegulas putting up with this crap beyond a honeymoon year.

IMHO this is a stretch. Penalties are but one are several reasons for the Ills mediocrity, but I believe your bolded statement is not grounded in reality.

Whaley is a stud at stocking the cupboard. Rex is a dud at making it work.

That's what I think too. Whaley has his faults but finding talent deep in the draft or in other teams' roster - man, I don't know who else has done a better job of doing that? We just haven't had the HC to maximize talent.

The one thing I'll say about Rex, he hired a great offensive staff.

C

IMHO this is a stretch. Penalties are but one are several reasons for the Ills mediocrity, but I believe your bolded statement is not grounded in reality.

I didn't bold it. But I stand by my statement. If this team is disciplined we would have won the Giants game and possibly this game against Cincinnati. Winning the Patriots game would not have been beyond the realm of possibility. We were at home and a solid disciplined defense would have put solid pressure in Brady's face.

Nah. Rex is Pegulas guy. He is here for at least 3 years. Doug Whaley takes the fall and deservingly so IMO. That is the way I see it playing out.

It's almost like if you keep saying it you'll make it happen. Perhaps that's what you're going for. :flirt:

But I respectfully disagree with the "deservingly so" aspect. We're not going to run into a cap nightmare and he is excellent at bringing in talent. This team is screaming for good coaching. I hope for the sake of this season they rally around rex somehow. This is a playoff roster.

It's almost like if you keep saying it you'll make it happen. Perhaps that's what you're going for. :flirt:

But I respectfully disagree with the "deservingly so" aspect. We're not going to run into a cap nightmare and he is excellent at bringing in talent. This team is screaming for good coaching. I hope for the sake of this season they rally around rex somehow. This is a playoff roster.

Yeah boy!

You want to wait 2 years? Oy! Most undisciplined and stupidest team I've seen here in a while.

You just have to think at $5 mil/year and with all the injuries, he'll get at least a couple years. But yes, it's not a well led team.

I'd have to think there will be some talking about the team between the GM, owner, coaches, and its schemes during the bye week. I'd be really surprised if the defense keeps running this crappy coverage stuff.

If the special teams keeps looking this bad I think Crossman is a goner. We will find out after this season how much tolerance this new owner has for building a bully.

Would be okay if both Rex and Whaley were fired after the season, but I do not think it will happen. Someone will need to take the fall if the Bills do not make the playoffs after the massive investments in free agency and to retain our free agents, and I have a feeling it will be Whaley, particularly if there really is tension or worse between Whaley and Ryan. If the situation is dysfunctional, something will need to be done to fix it.