EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

I had mentioned earlier that the team (with the lousy EJ) scored 3 TD's yesterday as compared to a total of 3 TD's and a FG in the prior two games with Taylor.

Different teams. Different schemes. EJ had the #1 WR and RB yesterday. TT was without both in those two games. But otherwise exactly the same.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious. How many people think that an injured Taylor would have won yesterday's game?

Agreed.

If TT had a healthy MCoy, Watkins and Karlos, he keeps us close, the crowd in it, and maybe a W. The D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Maybe a frenzied crowd and a more rested D helps with that. Hard to say.

Game is closer with a 100 % TT - which we actually have still yet to see. Been nursing an ankle since PS.

Thank you Nova. I see I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Did. Not. Have. Shady. or. Sammy.

Different teams. Different schemes. EJ had the #1 WR and RB yesterday. TT was without both in those two games. But otherwise exactly the same.

EJ scored 2 TD's one by pass and one by his feet.

For the record Sammy was back for only a portion of the game. If you chose to give Sammy Watkins all that credit so be it.

Other expectations - I expect a prime RB to gain over 100 yards per game. I expect the team to tackle better, I expect the team to stop producing all the freaking penalties.

But if you chose to blame EJ and EJ alone, have at it.

it is funny how much flack people get for stating what happened over the past 3 games.

I never said anything about benching Taylor or how bad he was. I merely pointed out how, as some people call it, the lousy EJ had scored 3 TD which happen to equal the TD production of the prior two games.

Q - How many other teams lose key players yet continue to win?

I can name two examples Green Bay and New England. I see no excuses there.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The question is which one to draft. I remember Alex Van Pelt said he really like Joe Flacco. But because we already had Trent Edwards, they did not pull the trigger. They thought Trent Edwards was good enough. But we could have drafted Flacco anyway.

I also remember in the Philips Rivers and Eli Manning draft, we could have traded up to get Roethlisberger but did not pull the trigger.

We have to keep drafting more QB and often so we could increase the odd of hitting one. We have no other choice.

I was just replying to Screwy when he said they have to draft a QB high in the draft.

I was pointing out EJ was a #1 pick.

I am not saying we had many choices. *-)

...and no one has said anything about penalties.

Defense stops Bengals on third down and get dinged for a personal foul. First down!

...and special teams.

Oooh, I am on my own nine yard line - fair catch!

This was such a TEAM loss - from the players to the coaches.

Enough with EJ

Play Tyrod as soon as he's healthy

Yeah, because Tyrod was so much better the last two weeks. LMAO.

I love these posts. Last week, Tyrod had 26 yards passing at halfime. He had 106 for the whole game. The only reason we won last week was we played a lesser opponent that the D was able to hold to 13 points. The week before that against the Giants, he had EXACTLY the same 26 yards passing at half-time and we were down 16-3 against arguably a lesser opponent still than the Bengals. In the end, he had virtually the exact same game statistically as EJ had yesterday.

Tyrod against Giants: 28/42 274 yds, 6.5 avg, 1 TD, 1 Int, 16.6 QBR, 82.8 Rating with 4 sacks. Running he was 6-15 yards 0 TDs.

EJ against Bengals: 28/42 263 yds, 6.3 avg, 1 TD, 1 int, 56.9 QBR, 81.7 Rating with 2 sacks. Running he was 6-22 and 1 TD. Two 1st down conversions on 3rd down and short.

In the Giants game, the offense scored 1TD and we lost by 14. Yesterday, the offense scored 3 TDs and we lost by 13. Had the defense even remotely showed up yesterday, we might have been driving for a tying field goal at the end.

But somehow, EJ's performance was HORRIBLE and you can't wait to get Tyrod back in there. How is that exactly?

HOw can anyone think EJ had a good game yesterday. My God the homer glasses need to be taken off.

Did you think Tyrod had a good game the last two weeks? See above and then tell me how Tyrod's performance is any better the last two weeks than EJ's yesterday.

Edited by BuffaloBob

The next draft the Bills need to draft a QB early. EJ will NEVER be an NFL quarterback. I was rooting so hard for the guy to make it but I have to give up on him. Three years in the league and he hasn't improved one iota. He's as bad now as he was on his first day in the league. The guy has all the physical tools but he just does NOT have it upstairs. No brains. This guy is dumber than a box of rocks. :wallbash::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I agree was so disapointed I wanted so bad for him to do well.

Yeah, and our opponents in Tyrod's last two games weren't anywhere near the level of the Bengals either. And Tyrod did have Karlos, who up to that point had played at least as well as McCoy, and he had Harvin. EJ had Watkins for half a game, and he dropped a third down conversion pass that hit him in the chest.

Manuel looked like he was playing scared, just like he always has. 3rd and 12? Let's throw a 3 yard pass over the middle that has a 0% chance of succeeding!

He can't hit a receiver in stride to save his life, can't hit anyone deep to save his life...he's just plain awful. I don't see how anyone that watched the game thinks anything different.

That underthrow INT that was intended for Hogan was beyond awful. The last thing you do on a route like that is underthrow it.

I hope he never sees the field again.

This is beyond hilarious. Our back-up QB, who hasn't started a real game in over a year, hasn't had but minimal first team reps until this week since the third preseason game comes in and has a respectable game but because he makes a couple of mistakes, and isn't perfect, he's awful., he sucks, blah blah blah. But I suppose you thought Tyrod's been AWESOME the last two weeks, right?

Edited by BuffaloBob

EJ scored 2 TD's one by pass and one by his feet.

For the record Sammy was back for only a portion of the game. If you chose to give Sammy Watkins all that credit so be it.

Other expectations - I expect a prime RB to gain over 100 yards per game. I expect the team to tackle better, I expect the team to stop producing all the freaking penalties.

But if you chose to blame EJ and EJ alone, have at it.

it is funny how much flack people get for stating what happened over the past 3 games.

I never said anything about benching Taylor or how bad he was. I merely pointed out how, as some people call it, the lousy EJ had scored 3 TD which happen to equal the TD production of the prior two games.

Q - How many other teams lose key players yet continue to win?

I can name two examples Green Bay and New England. I see no excuses there.

EJM scored 1 TD with Sammy, one on his own, and one down 20 poins with 3 minutes to go.

And those play calls were absolutely wonderful?

They have not adapted the play calling or continued with what was working. They had success up the seams, they had success putting Clay outside the hashes on routes, but it's not working.

Yes, EJ isn't playing amazing - won't set his feet, for example - but this is not on Manuel.

rex isn't workign with anyone. he's a defensive coach with a top 5 talented defensive team.

the defense has been more of a let down and a coach with some balls would call out his own guys and discipline them. they've been lazy, aloof, and without heart. marrone would have this team doing sprints for hours playing so piss poor.

counting mckelvin as a loss at this point is ridiculous. darby has been playing as good or better then mckelvin so it's a wash. the aaron williams loss isn't hurting too bad.

and how exactly is this not on Manuel?

Yeah, because Tyrod was so much better the last two weeks. LMAO.

I love these posts. Last week, Tyrod had 26 yards passing at halfime. He had 106 for the whole game. The only reason we won last week was we played a lesser opponent that the D was able to hold to 13 points. The week before that against the Giants, he had EXACTLY the same 26 yards passing at half-time and we were down 16-3 against arguably a lesser opponent still than the Bengals. In the end, he had virtually the exact same game statistically as EJ had yesterday.

Tyrod against Giants: 28/42 274 yds, 6.5 avg, 1 TD, 1 Int, 16.6 QBR, 82.8 Rating with 4 sacks. Running he was 6-15 yards 0 TDs.

EJ against Bengals: 28/42 263 yds, 6.3 avg, 1 TD, 1 int, 56.9 QBR, 81.7 Rating with 2 sacks. Running he was 6-22 and 1 TD. Two 1st down conversions on 3rd down and short.

In the Giants game, the offense scored 1TD and we lost by 14. Yesterday, the offense scored 3 TDs and we lost by 13. Had the defense even remotely showed up yesterday, we might have been driving for a tying field goal at the end.

But somehow, EJ's performance was HORRIBLE and you can't wait to get Tyrod back in there. How is that exactly?

Did you think Tyrod had a good game the last two weeks? See above and then tell me how Tyrod's performance is any better the last two weeks than EJ's yesterday.

I never mentionned anything about Tyrod. Im talking about the PUTRID game EJ had yesterday. My three year old is more accurate.

Yeah, and our opponents in Tyrod's last two games weren't anywhere near the level of the Bengals either. And Tyrod did have Karlos, who up to that point had played at least as well as McCoy, and he had Harvin. EJ had Watkins for half a game, and he dropped a third down conversion pass that hit him in the chest.

This is beyond hilarious. Our back-up QB, who hasn't started a real game in over a year, hasn't had but minimal first team reps until this week since the third preseason game comes in and has a respectable game but because he makes a couple of mistakes, and isn't perfect, he's awful., he sucks, blah blah blah. But I suppose you thought Tyrod's been AWESOME the last two weeks, right?

No one is expecting perfection from EJ but the same glaring errors & shortcomings are there, and seemingly not getting any better. To wit: not seeing wide open targets, putting his receivers in dangerous & compromising positions, missing on wide open swing passes (the shortest ones possible, I might add), throwing behind/at guys' shoetops, the same tendencies and results.

Your premise that those critiquing EJ are expecting too much from him and "he makes a couple mistakes" is a red herring. Are you not seeing the things I pointed out, or just refusing to acknowledging them?

EJ's been getting a lot of criticism regarding missing wide open receivers. While I will wait for the all 22 to get a better grasp of how many and in what game situations, the one most mentioned seems to be when he had Woods wide open for a first down on the play he threw the INT. That may be true, but EJ showed some good judgement, imo; he just made a bad throw. He saw something he liked pre-snap and audibled to that play. And it was there as Hogan was open. A better pass and Hogan is waltzing into the endzone.

Here's the thing though; if EJ had hit Woods for the first down, we would be ripping him for not seeing Hogan running open downfield on that play.

I'm glad the kid saw something and took a shot. Their guy made play on a poorly thrown ball. In contrast, Gilmore just couldn't make a similar play on a perfectly thrown ball by Dalton later on.

Football is a damned fickle game sometimes.

GO BILLS!!!

You're right. Those opponents were better. The Bengels have the #24 defense. Titans are #2 and Giants are #14. So Taylor had a tougher road.