EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

Your schtick is old, especially for someone who claims to know about the game. Our offense was averaging 33 points a game when healthy, then it's 2 best players went down and the production suffered. Our QB isn't Brady or Manning, he can't make up for that heavy of losses, but to say he absolutely can not be "the guy" because of stats from games without our best playmakers is flat out ignorant.

Tyrod's offense is: last in the entire NFL in 3 and outs. LAST. Roughly 1/3 of all of his possessions end in 3 and outs. In his last two starts that number increased to 50% of all possessions ending in either 3 and outs or turnovers in fewer than three possessions ending in three and outs in the first half.

That's a formula for dozens of wins. Just ask FireChan.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this board makes me think some believe we have a QB controversy to solve. EJ is a back up and TT is the starter who should continue to get better with more playing time and confidence. Same for OL which is struggling, but not a surprise. The real mystery and our very real problem is the DL. No penetration at all. Last couple of years, someone was always in the backfield disrupting running plays and chasing QBs on passes. This season, zip! Same guys, different scheme. Running D is ok, but seem to lose their will to play as soon as things get tough. They seem to catch runners and pull them down rather than hitting through them like last year. Better switch back to the old scheme soon before it is too late. 3-3 isn't bad, but losing repeatedly at home is inexcusable.

Inevitable given the pre-season competition, the naming of TT as the starter, and the small but very vocal minority in here who were upset that EJ didn't get the nod. Now that reality has finally set in, posters are naturally going to comment on it..

TT is the clear starter.

McCoy is the real ... MCcoy.

EJ is a quality backup.

We STIILL haven't had the whole O - TT, Watkins, Shady, Clay, Woods, Felton on the field at the same time.

We should be 4-2 instead of 3-3 but i'll take it given the above. Eff the Giants and those refs for that game.

Cincy O is for real - game changing plays were basically circus catches/runs. D was there and could not have been better on A LOT of plays - how do defend that bomb on 3rd and 10 any better ? Glimore had it in his hands. I think Cincy could beat the Patriots.

Relax. We go into the bye 4-3 and come out with our whole O. TT will get us in the playoffs. EJ homers just need to breathe. He's a good back-up. It's OK.

Edited by moshermw

Tyrod's offense is: last in the entire NFL in 3 and outs. LAST. Roughly 1/3 of all of his possessions end in 3 and outs. In his last two starts that number increased to 50% of all possessions ending in either 3 and outs or turnovers in fewer than three possessions ending in three and outs in the first half.

That's a formula for dozens of wins. Just ask FireChan.

Only one of our QB's has a winning record as a starter. Ayo.

Only one of our QB's has a winning record as a starter. Ayo.

They are both 0-1 against undefeated teams.

But you may have a point, so I'll let you make it.

Explain how Tyrod's unable to get first downs, unable to score points, unable to even cross the 50 in the first half, offense fares better.

Last in the whole NFL in 3 and out.

Best % is about 6. Tyrod gives it back in 3 or less about 1/3 of the time.

#tyrodwinslikecharlie

#firechansaidso

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Three words: Three. And. Out.

going into the game the Bills were last in 3 and outs in the NFL. So we are first in 3 and outs and first in penalties. Build that bully Rex. There was a play where I swear Dalton had 6 seconds. Who are you and what have you done with our Bills defense?

They are both 0-1 against undefeated teams.

But you may have a point, so I'll let you make it.

Explain how Tyrod's unable to get first downs, unable to score points, unable to even cross the 50 in the first half, offense fares better.

Last in the whole NFL in 3 and out.

Best % is about 6. Tyrod gives it back in 3 or less about 1/3 of the time.

#tyrodwinslikecharlie

#firechansaidso

Tyrod makes plays to win at the end. Don't hate me, hate the W-L record.

#The3And2Man

#VsThe0And1Man

#AnswerIsClear

#BetterLuckInTheNextQBCompetition

Edited by FireChan

He put up a good game. 1 pick wasn't good but our defense was to blame this game. If you're blaming anyone on the offense blame the play calls by Greg Roman and our injury to Watkins. EJ missed some easy throws. He has to work on that but he played well enough for a win.

Tyrod makes plays to win at the end. Don't hate me, hate the W-L record.

#The3And2Man

#VsThe0And1Man

#AnswerIsClear

#BetterLuckInTheNextQBCompetition

#delusionalzealot

Tell me what Tyrod does that wins the Bengals game.

You can't. 3 and outs don't win games.

No one won this QB competition. Well... Maybe the rest of the AFC East did.

#delusionalzealot

Tyrod scores in the second half to keep us in it. Instead of letting them score over and over and over unanswered. Maybe he throws a non-dumpoff on third and 11.

Tyrod scores in the second half to keep us in it. Instead of letting them score over and over and over unanswered. Maybe he throws a non-dumpoff on third and 11.

Why keep feeding him FireChan? This is not a constructive argument. He has a viewpoint and is uninterested in having a discussion about it. He's in multiple threads calling people zealots when he is the delusional one. Put him on your block list and be done with it.

Yes, but my point is that when you look at the specific issues, EJ was making the same mistakes and we saw his accuracy problems because of that. They managed to stay successful with Sammy and Goodwin still out there, but EJ still struggled with his own issues.

You're simplifying it too much, IMO, by just looking at the score and saying he was fine in the first half. He wasn't fine.

15/20 and 2 td is more than fine.

Lol how dare anyone besmirch the sacred cow HOW DARE THEY

#delusionalzealot

Move along gents, nothing to see here,

TT is the clear starter.

McCoy is the real ... MCcoy.

EJ is a quality backup.

We STIILL haven't had the whole O - TT, Watkins, Shady, Clay, Woods, Felton on the field at the same time.

We should be 4-2 instead of 3-3 but i'll take it given the above. Eff the Giants and those refs for that game.

Cincy O is for real - game changing plays were basically circus catches/runs. D was there and could not have been better on A LOT of plays - how do defend that bomb on 3rd and 10 any better ? Glimore had it in his hands. I think Cincy could beat the Patriots.

Relax. We go into the bye 4-3 and come out with our whole O. TT will get us in the playoffs. EJ homers just need to breathe. He's a good back-up. It's OK.

this is a better post.

Cinci is fro real