Bills fans in Nashville

MavBavButav

Wow. There were a lot of Bills fans at the game today.

Walking into the stadium I was expecting to see a few and share a few high fives. I feel like I saw mostly Bills fans. No joke.

Also it was great in the 4th quarter on 3rd downs when I could hear the DE-FENSE chant from across the stadium from Bills fans.

I noticed Titans fans began leaving after the Bills forced a punt with 3 minutes left while they were up 1. It wasn't even close to over. I was shocked and sad to see how soft the Titans fans are.

Go Bills.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. There were a lot of Bills fans at the game today.

Walking into the stadium I was expecting to see a few and share a few high fives. I feel like I saw mostly Bills fans. No joke.

Also it was great in the 4th quarter on 3rd downs when I could hear the DE-FENSE chant from across the stadium from Bills fans.

I noticed Titans fans began leaving after the Bills forced a punt with 3 minutes left while they were up 1. It wasn't even close to over. I was shocked and sad to see how soft the Titans fans are.

Go Bills.

The country music and red neck culture has really permeated WNY in the past decade, so it's not really a surprise that Nashville was a hot road game. I guess so-inclined Bills fans were tearing it up in Nashville all week.

The country music and red neck culture has really permeated WNY in the past decade, so it's not really a surprise that Nashville was a hot road game. I guess so-inclined Bills fans were tearing it up in Nashville all week.

i don't know about it being a "red neck culture.. " But Nashville is a gorgeous city with a lot to do and if I was able to go to a road game this year, I'd have picked this one. Edited by YoloinOhio

Nashville is just a fun town to visit. Fares are cheap. Why not go? I wouldn't be shocked if most Titans games have more road fans.

I was just going to start a topic about this. I too was at the game and Bills Mafia represented! The Bills fan were much louder than the Titan fans especially when we were on defense late in the game and it felt like a home game. Being the first time in 15 years seeing the Bills play I was glad to see us show up in force.

On tv.... It sounded like a home game. Unbelievable and props to everyone who made the trip (and suffered through the first half). Many players tweeted about how much they appreciated the fans traveling.

In many ways Bills are better off on road; less out of control drunks screaming when they are on offense.

Did you only move to WNY ten years ago?

No but when I was growing up late 70's thru early 90's it wasn't like that......for example......nobody would be caught dead at their prom in their duck hunting gear.

The commercialization of the country culture has been very interesting to see, if nothing else.

No but when I was growing up late 70's thru early 90's it wasn't like that......for example......nobody would be caught dead at their prom in their duck hunting gear.

The commercialization of the country culture has been very interesting to see, if nothing else.

I know exactly what you mean, I've had the same observation and it is intriguing for sure

Dude I seem to remember you showing up to games In hunting gear... Edited by joesixpack

i don't know about it being a "red neck culture.. " But Nashville is a gorgeous city with a lot to do and if I was able to go to a road game this year, I'd have picked this one.

It's an OK town.

Been there many times and do biz there every week.

It would be way down on my list of cities to take time off to visit, though.

It's A LOT more interesting if you(or your wife) love country music or are into that culture.

Great to be surrounded by Bills fans before, during and after the game! Pulling out a win makes it all that much better. Nashville is a great city. If you've never visited, I recommend it. Yes, there is some country music, but there's so much more! Great city and a lot of great people.

Totally agree - i see it with the in-laws' circle of people they associate with. It used to be more rush's 2112 along with board games from george and co. on main street; now it's kenny chesney and hunting. Edited by dave mcbride

Rex and players boosted by road fans
After the Bills took a one-point lead late in Sunday’s game Bills fans in attendance at Nissan Stadium, of which there was significantly more than a smattering, began the ‘Let’s go Buffalo!’ chant. And though the win was in every way a squeaker, Rex Ryan and his players were aware of their fans presence.

Dude I seem to remember you showing up to games In hunting gear...

No, I actually don't have any, but if that's your weather gear and it's bad weather that doesn't count.

I mean, we all hunted and fished when we were kids but you didn't wear that stuff out socially or to make a statement about your style.

Out of context it was pretty corny.

Like wearing your hat with a flat brim. :lol:

Takes me about a week to grow a big beard though so maybe that was what you recall, because then I get a lot of assumptions that I am into that duck commander stuff but I've never seen a full episode of that show.

Only thing I know about those dudes is that the old one was a good QB.

No, I actually don't have any, but if that's your weather gear and it's bad weather that doesn't count.

I mean, we all hunted and fished when we were kids but you didn't wear that stuff out socially or to make a statement about your style.

Out of context it was pretty corny.

Like wearing your hat with a flat brim. :lol:

Takes me about a week to grow a big beard though so maybe that was what you recall, because then I get a lot of assumptions that I am into that duck commander stuff but I've never seen a full episode of that show.

Only thing I know about those dudes is that the old one was a good QB.

Fair enough it was long ago and I was a heavy drinker :P Edited by joesixpack

Bills Mafia is worldwide. It wasn't so much WNY traveling to Nashville today, although I'm sure there were a good number that did. Nashville is a central hub for a lot of the south, and the closest the Bills will get to many fans, like myself. But what sets Bills fans (and a few other NFL team fanbases) apart is the vast number of fans that actually take the opportunity to go see their team when they are in town, because it goes beyond opportunity; it is necessity. I've lived all across the country and have seen more Bills games in person when they were the road team than games at the Ralph.