Prayers Needed Please

Chef Jim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I KNOW most of you won't share this, but my TRUE friends will!!!

p.s. #KONY2012

:thumbsup:

I have been amazed at the number of "intelligent" people have posted that and think that it's real.

How about the people who post the things that say Bill Gates has decided that it's time to give back (right there you know the person is totally out of the loop) and will give $1 for every Like this post gets.

How about the people who post the things that say Bill Gates has decided that it's time to give back (right there you know the person is totally out of the loop) and will give $1 for every Like this post gets.

I've not heard that one.

I will say I hate when people post about a death on FB. I just found out a great friend of mine from high school just passed away. His niece posted it. So I'm happily scrolling through food and wine posts, a post from my cousin showing her beautiful refurbished hardwood floors, a cool post from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle then BAM!! When I was at my mom's house in WNY in August for her 90's we all made a pact that none of us will learn of her or our surviving aunt's or uncle's deaths via Facebook.

We have to part ways there. I'd like to hear real news like that, as if you were talking to people. I've found out about a few deaths recently that I would not have known about.

I'd actually like more details. Instead of telling me to pray for a brother (who I know) who is having surgery or a friend (who I know) who just had a medical emergency, I'd like to know what am I supposed to be praying for and how concerned I should be - is it a tonsillectomy or open heart surgery?

We have to part ways there. I'd like to hear real news like that, as if you were talking to people. I've found out about a few deaths recently that I would not have known about.

I'd actually like more details. Instead of telling me to pray for a brother (who I know) who is having surgery or a friend (who I know) who just had a medical emergency, I'd like to know what am I supposed to be praying for and how concerned I should be - is it a tonsillectomy or open heart surgery?

Not me. Way too impersonal.