Schwartz turned down Dolphins

Have to consider if our D Line was a better fit for his style vs the style Ryan has brought over. At a minimum, Schwartz had our D much more disciplined last year.

i realize that may just be your opinion, but how were they more disciplined last year? I remember personal fouls on Spikes, Hughes and AW in multiple games and the team was second to only Seattle in total penalties.

I get criticism that he hasn't "fixed" them yet but don't get that it's Rex's fault or that he brought this here since his team had fewer PF and penalties the last 2 years than the Bills did.

Clearly I may be missing something, I'm not trying to argue, it's an honest question based on what I saw last year and what I see this year.

Schwartz's Detroit teams were legendarily undisciplined on D and ours looked that way at times last year.

I thought Schwartz did a good job as a DC here last year but after 4 games I was unimpressed with his defense vs SD and we hadn't even gotten to NE yet which was horrible. His best efforts came against the NFC North, probably due to his knowledge of those offenses. I did think the defense improved as the year went on last year, and I think that's due to the players becoming comfortable with the scheme.

Though I think this 2015 D has looked dominant in 2.5 games this year, Rex's scheme is a very complex one. I would say it will take some time for the unit to fully adapt. I don't care about rankings but as I look at the performances against the particular QBs/players/offenses from each week and factor in who was out with injury it is highly encouraging. IMO of course.

Edited by YoloinOhio