Karlos Williams in Concussion Protocol Per Doug Whaley

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't change the fact that if he was on the Bills that play wouldn't have happened so he wouldn't necessarily be injured...

I'll say it again. Why the Bills went into the season with only 3 RBs on the active roster when their #1 was not healthy is a mystery. They're fortunate that Bryce is still available if they need him.

HTF do you know that wouldnt have happened?

Jesus you crystal ball people amaze me

@RapSheet

Trent Richardson is working out for the #Bills today, source said. Two key injuries necessitated it

By the way, the #Bills will also have a handful of other RBs in for workouts today, but Trent Richardson is the biggest name.

nooooooo. What. No way Richardson is better than Wood. I'd rather have Montee Ball. Or Rice.

LAMP:

My starting RB in fantasy: Shady

My backup: Karlos

pickup Lance Dunbar's backup. C. Michael I believe. Or Chris Simms from Tampa. Guy is a TD catching machine.

Time for Montee Ball.

Edited by RyanC883

NFN, but a managers job is to be responsible for the "entire team", and he will be held accountable too should this thing really go sideways.

Dropping highly paid pass rushing D linemen into pass coverage is idiotic in my opinion because that is what DB's, and sometimes LBers are earning their money for doing. It really wouldn't be that uncommon for a GM to have a talk with his coach on the schemes they are using if they aren't working. Not to mention that 17 penalties in one game should never be tolerated.

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but far from idiotic, putting big men in shallow passing routes is a counter measure to little receivers killing your defense as the QB dumps off to blitz vacated areas in under 2 seconds..

Shhhh.....the Freddie Fanatics need something to hold on to...

Seriously though, this is why Freddie wasn't a reliable 3rd back. He's already hurt in Seattle and they had to go with Rawls for nearly every carry last night. I love Freddie. I still wear his jersey on game days, but he's at that age where he can't be depended on.

Right now, Bryce Brown is a better option.

HE'S STILL INJURED. And he got injured on a typical football play. And there wasn't "2 really explosive plays for 20+ yards". It was 3 carries for 21 yards total. Please don't massage stats to form an agenda.

BRYCE IS STILL UNEMPLOYED. Bryce is a better option for NO teams; Freddie had multiple callers wanting him to sign. Please don't massage facts to form an agenda.

Hey man, Ryan took a chance on a dog killer. Whats the big deal about a wife beater :blink:

The GM signs the players and the coach decides who is active from available players; it is a separation of duties where coaches have more or less influence depending on GM.

Any chance he's back for Sunday?

Not likely unless Herron is injured in camp this week and no other RB is willing to sign.

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but far from idiotic, putting big men in shallow passing routes is a counter measure to little receivers killing your defense as the QB dumps off to blitz vacated areas in under 2 seconds..

Texans do it with #1 DE in the league.

I get what you are saying. Dave Wannstedt would just rush the front four all game while using the rest in coverage, and his scheme wasn't very good either. I've seen big 300 lb defensive linemen sniff out a screen pass or a pass to the back in the flat and make a play. What I have a problem with is a 300 lb linemen dropping straight backwards to cover a zone instead of doing what he does best and that is taking on blockers, and getting to the QB.

When you drop that 4th linemen into pass coverage you are just making it easier for the 4-5 offensive players to block the three D linemen coming, and give the QB any extra time to find an open receiver. I realize Kyle ran a 4.4-40 nine years ago, but the man is now 32 years old

I also realize Jerry Hughes is 6'2'' 254, and the size, speed of a LBer, but I'd much rather see the man pass rushing Tom Brady over attempting to cover Rob Gronkowski. At least spy the guy with Manny Lawson who runs a 4.43 40

Maybe its just me, but I want more sacks! Rush the front four all the time, and crowd the line while playing man. Always send one more rusher then the offense is keeping in to block. Then send an extra blitzer in a DB or LBer, and keep the offense off balance in not knowing where the extra guy is coming from. This laying back in coverage sucks IMO, and the QB usually find someone open to throw the ball to anyway.

Edited by Nihilarian

Doesn't anyone remember the INT by Kyle Williams of Cutler in the Schwartz defense: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Cant-Miss-Play-Kyle-Williams-1st-Interception/9d0a1397-db1c-4d70-b710-afcc421a5a1c

Doesn't anyone remember the INT by Kyle Williams of Cutler in the Schwartz defense: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Cant-Miss-Play-Kyle-Williams-1st-Interception/9d0a1397-db1c-4d70-b710-afcc421a5a1c

Ok, I don't profess to be a defensive genius. So enlighten me as to why the defense looks so bad this season with so much more talent. They did give up a franchise record passing yards to Tom Brady, and Ryans defense was never this bad while he was with the Jets.

Ok, I don't profess to be a defensive genius. So enlighten me as to why the defense looks so bad this season with so much more talent. They did give up a franchise record passing yards to Tom Brady, and Ryans defense was never this bad while he was with the Jets.

Define "so bad"...they got torched by Brady (so does everyone).

They gave up less than 300 yards offense to the Giants, and two TD drives were a short field and mostly penalties. The Jennings play was putrid, but let's not define the entirety of their performance by one bad play.

They're not elite right now, but "so bad" is simply untrue.

Do they look so bad? They had two pretty dominant wins, one fairly good outing that should have been enough to get a win at home ( Eli had mediocre numbers, OBJ held to 2nd worst career day, one really bad missed tackle) and were carved up by a great QB that carves nearly everybody up. The NE game was different in that the D game plan was terrible. It also went completely against Ryan's usu philosophy vs Brady. He knew it and said it was on him. They may not win at NE, but you will see a completely different plan of attack. I just think the sack #s are down ( overrated stat anyway ) due to teams approach getting ball out quickly. Also inevitably would be lower as last year was team record and u just aren't doing that every year. Coverage has been good. I think tackling could be better, but that seems to be league wide.

Do they look so bad? They had two pretty dominant wins, one fairly good outing that should have been enough to get a win at home ( Eli had mediocre numbers, OBJ held to 2nd worst career day, one really bad missed tackle) and were carved up by a great QB that carves nearly everybody up. The NE game was different in that the D game plan was terrible. It also went completely against Ryan's usu philosophy vs Brady. He knew it and said it was on him. They may not win at NE, but you will see a completely different plan of attack. I just think the sack #s are down ( overrated stat anyway ) due to teams approach getting ball out quickly. Also inevitably would be lower as last year was team record and u just aren't doing that every year. Coverage has been good. I think tackling could be better, but that seems to be league wide.

What the heck guys, they have gone from 4th overall in the league last season to now 22nd in total defense. Then last year they led the league in sacks being #1, and they are currently 19th.

29th in downs-29th in passing defense-28th in receiving defense, and this with being a plus 4 in turnover differential.

If that isn't bad I don't know how you can paint it with any other color. With the hiring of a defensive genius with all the defensive talent on the team all I read off season were the expectations of having a dominate #1 overall defense, and this years defense is far from that.

That stat of 29th against the pass in a passing league says bad to me.

Edited by Nihilarian

In my opinion, the defense is trying to be too clever. Our front 4 can beat the opponent if they just line up and blast at the snap. This year, on a very high percentage of snaps it looks like the defense isn't completely set, like they are disguising what they are doing at the expense of being ready to explode at the snap.

HTF do you know that wouldnt have happened?

Jesus you crystal ball people amaze me

Because he got injured in a game he played for the Seattle Seahawks. I doesn't take a crystal ball to know he wouldn't have been playing in that game had the Bills not cut him.

Does this really require an explanation?

What the heck guys, they have gone from 4th overall in the league last season to now 22nd in total defense. Then last year they led the league in sacks being #1, and they are currently 19th.

29th in downs-29th in passing defense-28th in receiving defense, and this with being a plus 4 in turnover differential.

If that isn't bad I don't know how you can paint it with any other color. With the hiring of a defensive genius with all the defensive talent on the team all I read off season were the expectations of having a dominate #1 overall defense, and this years defense is far from that.

That stat of 29th against the pass in a passing league says bad to me.

you are comparing stats that you can't accurately compare. Full season 16 game stats vs 4 game sample, with 2 different opponents through those 4 games.

Revisionist history on this D from last year. Shredded beginning of year by Cutler, Brady, Rivers. Had really good games and others not so much. Stats looked great at the end. Failed at some critical times.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Doesn't change the fact that if he was on the Bills that play wouldn't have happened so he wouldn't necessarily be injured...

I'll say it again. Why the Bills went into the season with only 3 RBs on the active roster when their #1 was not healthy is a mystery. They're fortunate that Bryce is still available if they need him.

He's been injured the past 4 season, including being put on IR in 2 of them, and he was injured in training camp. I'd say the probability of FJ being injured if he was here would be very high. Have we forgotten last season when CJ went down and FJ was going to step in and carry the load only to injure his groin. The Bills then had to lean heavily on Bobbie, which wasn't pretty.