Jobs.

B-Man

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let people work that want to work and do the job. Why do you want to stop people from having jobs? We have more job openings than we have had in a long time. Find people that will actually work. Old Bob, the Republican, who sits back drinking beer and refusing to take a job he considers beneth him, isn't going to help much

Why do you think that Americans not working are not taking these jobs?

Why are the record number of job openings not being taken?

No incentive to work maybe.

Is that no to Unions?

We can create more American workers...

Imagine if we never had let in immigrants? This country would not be as big or strong

We let in 1 million a year legally in recent years which is historically high. Those that enter illegally have no right to be here and no right to stay and no right to work here.

Pay isn't enough incentive?

Nope. Not when there is plenty of ways to get paid for not working. If pay were enough of an incentive there would be hundreds of thousands lining up for those 40,000 trucker jobs. Wouldn't you agree with that?

Nope. Not when there is plenty of ways to get paid for not working. If pay were enough of an incentive there would be hundreds of thousands lining up for those 40,000 trucker jobs. Wouldn't you agree with that?

Fine! Let the people that want to work....work

Why do you think that Americans not working are not taking these jobs?

No incentive to work maybe.

I'll take a swag at this. To become a truck driver requires training and a certification. That costs some money. Entry level truck drivers make about $35K a year which is probably not enough to attract new people to a job that requires the investment to get started.

And what should be done with those that don't want to?

I'll take a swag at this. To become a truck driver requires training and a certification. That costs some money. Entry level truck drivers make about $35K a year which is probably not enough to attract new people to a job that requires the investment to get started.

And what should be done with those that don't want to?

Well, it would be enough if the total value of the benefits package provided by the government to those who don't work didn't exceed 60k for a family of 4.

Life ain't that simple

Step 1 - Make it harder for those who can work but don't to live a comfortable life

Step 2 - Hire those that are here legally that need and want to work to provide for their families

I had to pick up a friend from the airport on Friday. And I had to drive through the "bad part" of Oakland to get there. I wanted to ask everyone I saw on the street at a time when most working Americans are at work "so, what do you do for money?"

We let in 1 million a year legally in recent years which is historically high. Those that enter illegally have no right to be here and no right to stay and no right to work here.

This is not true

Well, according to this source it is. About 1 million a year average over the past 5 years and if you go back 75 years the numbers aside from a few spikes are much lower.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/us-immigration-trends

And they get that data straight from DHS. And the raw DHS data is...interesting.

Like "deportations are the lowest since 1973" interesting.

Life ain't that simple

Step 1 - Make it harder for those who can work but don't to live a comfortable life

Step 2 - Hire those that are here legally that need and want to work to provide for their families

I had to pick up a friend from the airport on Friday. And I had to drive through the "bad part" of Oakland to get there. I wanted to ask everyone I saw on the street at a time when most working Americans are at work "so, what do you do for money?"

http://www.usherald.com/maine-welfare-recipients-must-work-for-their-benefits/

FTA

At the close of 2014 approximately 12,000 individuals were enrolled in the state assistance program. Keep in mind that these individuals are adults who aren’t disabled and who don’t have children at home and who are claiming the food-stamp benefits because of a lack of financial resources.

After forcing these individuals to either work part-time for twenty hours each week, enroll in a vocational program, or volunteer for a minimum of twenty-four hours per month, the numbers showed a significant drop from 12,000 enrollees to just over 2,500.

http://www.usherald.com/maine-welfare-recipients-must-work-for-their-benefits/

FTA

At the close of 2014 approximately 12,000 individuals were enrolled in the state assistance program. Keep in mind that these individuals are adults who arent disabled and who dont have children at home and who are claiming the food-stamp benefits because of a lack of financial resources.

After forcing these individuals to either work part-time for twenty hours each week, enroll in a vocational program, or volunteer for a minimum of twenty-four hours per month, the numbers showed a significant drop from 12,000 enrollees to just over 2,500.

That is just sad. Not surprising but sad.