Jobs.

B-Man

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunkin' Donuts franchisee closing 100 stores

FoxNews.com

Greedy corporation putting profits over people and makes people fat!

More layoffs hit Bowie coal mine ( Colorado, Utah)

Grand Junction Media

Greedy corporation that puts profits over people and hurts the environment!

Chesapeake to cut workforce 15 percent

Read more at Fuel Fix

Greedy corporation that puts profits over people and makes people pay for electricity!

Whole Foods to cut 1,500 jobs

Read more at mystatesman.com

:huh: I thought they were like Progressive and cool and stuff. I mean they opened a store in the City Part of Town and everything

What kind of jobs are available? Are the illegals qualified to do those jobs? 40k trucker jobs available? Whoopie. Shouldn't those jobs be offered to legal citizens first?

I wait I just reread your post. So allow foreign born to participate? Did you mean illegals?

What do you mean? Are you saying our citizens are banned from trucking jobs? :doh:

Yes, illegals

You said the GOP was hindering the economy. I asked how. And this is your answer?

Is it possible you're just making things up and actually have no idea what you're talking about?

Or maybe you can answer the question.

I thought I explained that in original post, but I'll expand. I'll do that because I like you LA.

Businesses that can't find workers are not operating and full capacity, right? The GOP is holding up a measure--immigration reform--that would allow businesses to hire millions of new workers. Businesses would expand, even more jobs would open and the economy would expand again. Not sure what type of obfuscating you guys will do with this, but have at it

Dunkin' Donuts franchisee closing 100 stores

FoxNews.com

More layoffs hit Bowie coal mine ( Colorado, Utah)

Grand Junction Media

Chesapeake to cut workforce 15 percent

Read more at Fuel Fix

Whole Foods to cut 1,500 jobs

Read more at mystatesman.com

This is meant to say what??

Dunkin has stiff competition from Timmy Horton's and Starbucks and more

Coal is being killed by natural gas production--fracking is good compared to coal ming, btw

Cheseakpe is hurt by low energy prices

and Whole Food's business model seems caught in the consumer preference for lower cost foods, but they are working on it, the pricing scandal they had also hurts*

* For disclousure, Gatorman owns shares of WFM

What do you mean? Are you saying our citizens are banned from trucking jobs? :doh:

Yes, illegals

I thought I explained that in original post, but I'll expand. I'll do that because I like you LA.

Businesses that can't find workers are not operating and full capacity, right? The GOP is holding up a measure--immigration reform--that would allow businesses to hire millions of new workers. Businesses would expand, even more jobs would open and the economy would expand again. Not sure what type of obfuscating you guys will do with this, but have at it

An increase in wages for truck drivers will cure the shortage. Adding people to the labor force who will take jobs at lower wages is entirely contrary to the goals of greater labor participation and higher wages for American workers.

How Dodd-Frank explains our weak recovery

Yesterday, John noted how weak the Obama economic “recovery” has been. As he put it, “the Obama economy has been, in a word, lousy, and its lousiness is most evident in the fact that full-time jobs have been so scarce that tens of millions have quit looking. . . .”

Why, though, hasn’t the economy taken off under Obama, as it did in the past following recessions? Democrats attribute the problem to the fact that the 2008 recession was the product of a financial recession.

But Peter Wallison of AEI points out that recoveries after financial crises typically are stronger than other recoveries. This is the finding of a study by Michael Bordo and Joseph Haubrich of 27 recession-recovery cycles since 1882. Bordo and Haubrich found that “the stylized fact that deep contractions breed strong recoveries is particularly true when there is a financial crisis.”

Clearly, Obama and his apologists cannot blame the absence of a robust recovery on the financial crisis that produced the recession.

What, then, is to blame? John pointed to “the Democrats’ liberal policies, most notably the hyper-regulation that seeks to concentrate all power in the government.” Wallison agrees.

He ties the weak recovery to a particular instance of hyper-regulation — that brought about by Dodd-Frank. Wallison notes that studies of Dodd-Frank’s effect have shown that the regulatory burdens imposed by that law have been particularly harsh for community banks:

More at the link

Edited by B-Man

An increase in wages for truck drivers will cure the shortage. Adding people to the labor force who will take jobs at lower wages is entirely contrary to the goals of greater labor participation and higher wages for American workers.

Making shipping and transportation cost higher is your solution? Maybe a truckers union would work!

How Dodd-Frank explains our weak recovery

Yesterday, John noted how weak the Obama economic “recovery” has been. As he put it, “the Obama economy has been, in a word, lousy, and its lousiness is most evident in the fact that full-time jobs have been so scarce that tens of millions have quit looking. . . .”

Why, though, hasn’t the economy taken off under Obama, as it did in the past following recessions? Democrats attribute the problem to the fact that the 2008 recession was the product of a financial recession.

But Peter Wallison of AEI points out that recoveries after financial crises typically are stronger than other recoveries. This is the finding of a study by Michael Bordo and Joseph Haubrich of 27 recession-recovery cycles since 1882. Bordo and Haubrich found that “the stylized fact that deep contractions breed strong recoveries is particularly true when there is a financial crisis.”

Clearly, Obama and his apologists cannot blame the absence of a robust recovery on the financial crisis that produced the recession.

What, then, is to blame? John pointed to “the Democrats’ liberal policies, most notably the hyper-regulation that seeks to concentrate all power in the government.” Wallison agrees.

He ties the weak recovery to a particular instance of hyper-regulation — that brought about by Dodd-Frank. Wallison notes that studies of Dodd-Frank’s effect have shown that the regulatory burdens imposed by that law have been particularly harsh for community banks:

More at the link

No word on how our major trading partners are having rough economic goes of it? No, that wouldn't fit the propaganda...

Yes, illegals

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

But what exactly did you mean by saying "let them (illegals) fill the 40,000 void in trucking jobs." Why let them when we have millions of Americans out of work?

Why do we need to bring in illegals to hire millions of new workers when we have millions of Americans out of work?

Businesses that can't find workers are not operating and full capacity, right? The GOP is holding up a measure--immigration reform--that would allow businesses to hire millions of new workers.

If you genuinely believe that, then you would have to admit that the single largest barrier to immigration reform is the Democrats, not the GOP.

The WH had full control of both houses and the WH, held the ability to do whatever they wanted with immigration reform, and chose to do nothing but pass a health insurance law that barred illegals from getting health insurance

If you're so inclined to cast blame, cast it correctly.

But what exactly did you mean by saying "let them (illegals) fill the 40,000 void in trucking jobs." Why let them when we have millions of Americans out of work?

Let people work that want to work and do the job. Why do you want to stop people from having jobs? We have more job openings than we have had in a long time. Find people that will actually work. Old Bob, the Republican, who sits back drinking beer and refusing to take a job he considers beneth him, isn't going to help much

If you genuinely believe that, then you would have to admit that the single largest barrier to immigration reform is the Democrats, not the GOP.

The WH had full control of both houses and the WH, held the ability to do whatever they wanted with immigration reform, and chose to do nothing but pass a health insurance law that barred illegals from getting health insurance

If you're so inclined to cast blame, cast it correctly.

That shows a general lack of awareness of the situation and a complete dodge. You blaming the Dems for something the GOP won't do and will do anything in their power to stop. Wow!

Why do we need to bring in illegals to hire millions of new workers when we have millions of Americans out of work?

Why are the record number of job openings not being taken?

Yes, wages should rise if there is a shortage of labor and yes that means the price of goods has to rise some. We have to protect American workers, right?

Is that no to Unions?

We can create more American workers...

Imagine if we never had let in immigrants? This country would not be as big or strong

Yes, wages should rise if there is a shortage of labor and yes that means the price of goods has to rise some. We have to protect American workers, right?

Apparently raising wages for middle class workers at the expense of raising costs in the market generally is a good thing unless it happens naturally in the market.

Troll

I've said many times, I'm fine with honest disagreement, but I have no tolerance for blatant dishonesty, and knowingly conflating legal and illegal immigration like you just did is blatantly dishonest and renders you unworthy of respect and deserving of scorn.

I've said many times, I'm fine with honest disagreement, but I have no tolerance for blatant dishonesty, and knowingly conflating legal and illegal immigration like you just did is blatantly dishonest and renders you unworthy of respect and deserving of scorn.

Your mother raised a POS