RD 2, Pick 50: DB Ronald Darby, Florida State

Darby has been fantastic. He's gonna have his bricks, like all rookie CBs do, but so far so good. Props to the Bills for targeting him in R2 and having a savvy enough feel for the draft that he would be there (remember Leroi's post before the draft even started?).

Strong scouting and an even stronger feel for the overall board.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some just weren't going to be happy with anything but a QB at that pick.

But shouldn't he have knocked down that pass instead of intercepting it? It was 4th down...

I love the pick.

Good point but I'm not sure that you can really fault him too much for that. I like the fact that when the ball was in the air he instinctively grabbed it.

I didn't know a lot about the kid and while I was a little surprised it was a corner in the 2nd round (I thought O-line like everyone else) I did expect a corner somewhere in the first 3 picks and had said as much in the build up to the draft and had also said that without a first rounder the pick at #50 had to be BPA regardless of position. Once Whaley said he was by far the best player on their board there was no debate for me I was on board with it.

I remember I was texting back and forth with a friend right before Buffalo made the selection, and my friend texted "ready for Buffalo to announce a player you've never heard of?"

Yeah, I was in shock at the time because I was almost certain we would go OG. I came around quickly after doing a little research. He has been incredible. What happens when McLovin comes back? Anyone care to speculate?

I remember I was texting back and forth with a friend right before Buffalo made the selection, and my friend texted "ready for Buffalo to announce a player you've never heard of?"

Yeah, I was in shock at the time because I was almost certain we would go OG. I came around quickly after doing a little research. He has been incredible. What happens when McLovin comes back? Anyone care to speculate?

Sure...they deactivate Ron Brooks, and Mario Butler plays more on special teams.

Aside from that, I think McKelvin could get rotated in for both slot and boundary duty when either (a) guys need a rest against faster-paced offenses like NE and Philadelphia, or (b) guys get nicked up.

I think there's a very good chance he's traded for a mid-round pick at the end of the year; I would find it odd to do it before then unless a team got desperate.

Thanks, I enjoyed re-reading the over-reaction to the pick. It is risky to second guess Whaley and his team (Monos/Fisher). They've had two excellent drafts. No one hits on all picks, but they have done what good teams do, find contributors and starters in the later rounds.

While some have labelled Cockrell a bust, Pitt picked him up and he's getting some playing time.

Remember back on September 12 when we were all waiting for Andrew Luck to toast Darby repeatedly while pining for the return of McCorner to the lineup?

Fun times, bro...

Hey, count me as one of the over-reactors. I hated the pick at the time.

He really does look good though. Whaley 1, Bandit 0.

Hey, count me as one of the over-reactors. I hated the pick at the time.

He really does look good though. Whaley 1, Bandit 0.

Hey man, during preseason we were all wondering what Rex's plan was...it turns out he was just letting the kid get his feet wet, and I don't think we can underestimate Donnie Henderson's influence.