Bills Trade Cassel to Cowboys

26CornerBlitz

More fuel for my crackpot theory about Cassel being a malcontent with guarantees in his contract that mandated he remain the number two. It was likely part of the price of him re-signing. Could have been awkward to keep him placated all year and #Rogue shipped him out first chance he got.

or that they just liked cassel more and didnt want to say they dont love EJ by the gm went #rogue

who knows.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was getting updates from his financial advisers.

I'm the last guy to claim things like "these guys are making millions to play a game", or "I don't care what this guy wants, he is paid to...blahblahblah", but to act like this guy got shafted is ridiculous. He can hire a slew of servants to take care of any move, and his wife will be fine.

It's part of the business, and he has made out like a bandit. He isn't some guy making the minimum, bouncing around the league, desperate to make a team, playing through injuries that will last a lifetime. I mean, there are guys that just get churned up by the NFL.

Cassel ain't one of them.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He was getting updates from his financial advisers.

I'm the last guy to claim things like "these guys are making millions to play a game", or "I don't care what this guy wants, he is paid to...blahblahblah", but to act like this guy got shafted is ridiculous. He can hire a slew of servants to take care of any move, and his wife will be fine.

It's part of the business, and he has made out like a bandit. He isn't some guy making the minimum, bouncing around the league, desperate to make a team, playing through injuries that will last a lifetime. I mean, there are guys that just get churned up by the NFL.

Cassel ain't one of them.

How much did the Bills pay Cassel?

How much did the Bills pay Cassel?

I don't know and it doesn't matter, because I know he has had some huge contracts in his career. His is no sob story.

Chan, this is all motivated by your rejection of EJM. Cassel isn't worthy of this much discussion.

Edited by HoF Watkins

what did they offer him, by the way?

Probably 50 cents.

I don't know and it doesn't matter, because I know he has had some huge contracts in his career. His is no sob story.

Chan, this is all motivated by your rejection of EJM. Cassel isn't worthy of this much discussion.

See, i don't really see the Bills organization being allowed to take credit for the contracts KC, Minn, and NE gave Cassel.

That's like saying, "You made a lot of money at your old job, so who cares if your new job screwed you?" Sorta doesn't compute.

Also, to the bolded. You can't prove it!

Probably 50 cents.

See, i don't really see the Bills organization being allowed to take credit for the contracts KC, Minn, and NE gave Cassel.

That's like saying, "You made a lot of money at your old job, so who cares if your new job screwed you?" Sorta doesn't compute.

Also, to the bolded. You can't prove it!

Hahaha!

It's true, no proof.

And you are right, I'm gonna send Matt a sympathy card.

This trade doesn't make sense to me. It's very odd. We expect the playoffs this year, yet giveaway a top experienced backup QB for a late round pick in 2017. The depth chart at QB is now weaker. And don't give me the EJ is better rebuttal, he's been in street clothes for a reason. He would have been dressed week 1 and 2, if the coaches thought EJ was competent enough and a better fit to backup TT.

The only explanation is that Cassel demanded this and wanted out.

Not entirely... They cut him and therefore were accepting a roster without him. They got him back on the cheap then after they saw Taylor wasn't a train wreck, were able to convert him into a future asset. Seems like a very cool, calm and logical series of transactions to me. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood